BY LITTERMAID #4 in Litter Boxes

• What's the price point on this product and is it worth the money?1 Answers
  • Is this worth the money? I've always heard horror stories about a...2 Answers
  • Seriously how much does one of these cost and is ... Be the first to answer!
Littermaid Automatic Self-Cleaning Classic Litter Box
  • "It was in a area of my house that I could hear while sleeping and it always woke me up, the chamber where it dumped the waste into would always get stuck open and clumpy inside, we threw this away only 2 months after buying it." in 14 reviews
  • "I bought this years ago and had to change the container everyday and it did not always clean the liter like it said it would." in 9 reviews
  • "I have a really old model of a littermaid box that stopped working well recently and wanted to replace it with a new automatic box but found it very hard to find one that had great reviews that wasn't over $200 and that was actually automatic and not manual." in 7 reviews
  • "The waste was constantly getting stuck on the scraper which made more of a project than just scooping from a regular litter box." in 6 reviews
  • "I guess the only problems I had with it was that sometimes the rake would get stuck and it was a bit difficult to clean." in 6 reviews
Desiree M.
Invested in one of these due to my busy lifestyle. Between classes, a job, and a social life, I wanted my two kitties to have a clean litter box without having to actually clean it on a daily basis. The box does it's job, however it does have some flaws. The box is pretty loud (has woken me up from a dead sleep), and the scooping rakes tend to get a lot of build up on them. Overall, a decent product, keeps the cats happy and helps me out quite a bit.
Brook S.
Seneca, SC
I received this product as a gift. So far I love it. I never have to scoop! But I have two cats so the tray that collects the clumps get full within a few days. But at least I’m not having to scoop! I’m considering reusing the trays but I’m not sure how well that will work.
Jenny T.
Sugar land , TX
AMAZING!! One hundred percent worth the price and will save you time, money and unnecessary smells. It cleans itself and once a week all you have to do is change the tray. My cat loves it because it’s a bigger space. It is a little bulky but it hides well in a closet or bathroom. Eliminates the smell!!
Danja T.
Spokane , WA
Amazing product! We have 3 cats and this is all they will use! We have to buy another one! It’s a little noisy but it keeps the box clean and we have no more kitty messes or potty issues! LitterMaid LME5500 Automatic Litter Box
Kris H.
Oh where do I begin! This thing rocks as a multiple cat owner this is the best invention ever. Here are some tricks if you own it: Buy fast clumping litter, break off the cat walk part, take off the poo catcher part, and raise the box into the air ( I put mine on cinder blocks), get boxes from a store and watch that thing clean up messes for you. I have it like a dumpster it scoops the poo into the empty box below. Of course you can use the scooper when you need to clean up a packed mess but honestly I don't have to use the scooper more than maybe once a week. Watch the box empty and put more litter in about every 3 days.
Raquel P.
Palmetto, FL
I used this box for a very long time. It was nice that it scooped itself but it was temperamental. It only worked with certain types of litter and it couldn't be overfilled or the claws wouldn't scoop the whole box. If you have a cat that likes to dig or prefers deep litter, it won't work. I like that it has a delay motion sensor to make sure it doesn't hurt the cat. However, the sound it makes when running is loud and can startle when not expecting it to go off.
Jamie W.
Mechanicsvlle, VA
Decorator Expert
This is a great litter box. Its more pricey but it was worth it to me. The only reason I didn't give it a full 4 stars is as it does its self cleaning and scooping it often got caught or stuck if it couldn't sweep all the cat debris. So inwould end up having to scoop anyways and restart OT. Also clean the box.
Erica B.
Millington, MI
I bought this not so I wouldn't have to scoop a box but so my house didn't smell like a dirty litter box and so that the dog didn't go help himself to "cat treats" when I wasn't looking. This has been a great buy for those reasons. I have one cat and I change the receptacle every 3 days and I do have to scrape the bottom to get anything it missed under the litter. All in all I think this is a good product and it was worth the money to me to not have to smell cat box.
Amber s.
Charlotte, NC
It is a bit loud but honestly what do you expect from an automated litter box? It prevents you from having to clean the litter box 1 or more times a day isn't that enough of a win in itself? I have 2 cats and it does get full more often than I'd like but it's so worth it in my boyfriend and I's opinion. We didn't keep up with it as much as we should've initially and it broke but they honored the warranty and sent us another!
Diana H.
Clinton, MA
We were so disappointed in this product, It's not made for more than one cat. We have 3 Cats and keep 3 Litter boxes out , we spent a lot of money to buy this in hope that it would help with the up keep of 3 boxes. The issue is you can't put enough litter in to allow clumping so the rake just mushes everything down. The tray is small and fills quickly and large cats don't have much room. We no longer use ours.
Kerry H.
Long Beach, CA
Is this really worth the money? doesn't seem so to me.
Tiffany P.
If you own this product, are your animals afraid of it?
Kristen D.
Patterson , Ga
I keep reading about the motor burning out. Does the company give you the option to replace this part or do they just tell you "Sorry...go buy a new one"?
velvet e.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I have two kittens who wait for me to clean the litterbox..as soon as I'm done they hop in and dirty it back up.. I mean they follow me while I'm cleaning it and the second i set it down they are in.. so since i can never have a clean litter box I'm thinking about buying a self cleaning box.. would this on be a good choice or does anyone know of a better one?
Danielle S.
Mount Perry, OH
Does this work well in a home with more than one cat?