Add a Photo

Cool Mint Listerine Mouthwash, 500 mL
Photos (18)
Kathy B.
Kathy B.

This is my go to mouthwash. It's the one that's used in all the local dentist offices. It does burn quite a bit so I can't use it for very long but the essential oils in it are what make it highly effective at killing germs. My daughter had a sore throat and I read that gargling with a mixture of Listerine and hydrogen peroxide would knock out any germs that cause sore throat. I had her use it and after two uses and less than 24 hours her sore throat was gone. My son then got a sore throat and suffered with it until I finally convinced him to use the same gargle and he was completely better within hours.
Nicole F.
Nicole F.
Pendleton, IN

Listerine has power. It is not for the faint of taste. You will not want to use it in the mornings before breakfast because you won't be able to taste much. It gives a powerful clean feel and really coats my mouth. It is what I highly recommend if you are in need of some serious preventative care in your mouth. I am fairly certain ( though no proof) that it is the strongest of the antiseptic mouth washes available on the market. Best for wanting to kill garlic breath or for using before bed. You will certainly have a fresh and clean mouth after use.
Nicole D.
Nicole D.

Listerine is the strongest mouthwash I've ever used. Nothing makes my eyes water quite like it! Their whitening mouthwashes are great. Basically all their mouthwashes are great. I don't like the no alcohol kind. Honestly, they're not as effective. If you are cavity prone or bad breath prone or any mouth issue prone (except sensitivity), this stuff is a great addition to your mouth care routine. The minty ones are my favorite! You can use the original brown stuff for dandruff, too!
Nikki Q.
Nikki Q.
Elkhart, IN

I've tried pretty much all the listerine line and they all are great. The pre rinse and whitening are a little odd but work well. The original "flavor" is pretty bad but it does leave my mouth feeling fresh. My favorite is the cool mint it has less of a alcohol burn than others. And the purple one (I forgot the name/flavor) is nice too if you don't want or can't handle the burn. Also I mix with a little water on occasion to cut the burn as well and it still seems to work for me.
Itzayana B.
Itzayana B.

I use the brown/golden one even though I don't like the taste it leaves afterwards I would prefer the minty one but the brown/golden one was recommended to me by my dentist. My mom once told me it works for toothaches and I thought it was just another story Mexican moms tell us but it actually works. I don't know about really painful toothaches but it works for minor toothaches if you apply it directly to where it hurts and the surrounding areas.
Andrea B.
Andrea B.
Thomasville, AL

I have always been a fan of Listerine mouthwash. It did get the job done. But I had to stop using it because of the alcohol that is in the Listerine. Just because it is burning doesn't necessarily means it is working. I have learned that in recent years. Any mouthwash that has alcohol in it is not really good for you. I think there is Listerine that is made with no alcohol ingredient. Listerine is way stronger than a lot of other mouthwashes.
Megan B.
Megan B.
Arnold, MO

This is the only mouthwash I buy! Not only do I use it for fresh breath (which it works great for), I have multiple uses!

I used to get canker sores pretty often on my cheek and this would be the only thing to get rid of them, and quick!

I also use it as a face toner/pimple spot treatment. If you have a pimple that you want gone quick, just put some of this on a cotton ball and apply it directly to the pimple. It will be gone in two days.
Shawn J.
Shawn J.
Surrey

I have often wondered why people drink decaffeinated coffee, or use a mouthwash with no alcohol in it. I've tried other brands, including Scope and those nebulous "generic" kind, and I always come back to missing Listerine. It's strong for a reason folks, it's kills the germs that cause bad breath. If you use anything else, you ought to just chew gum and save a few dollars here.

My favorite is the blue-green Cool Mint
Cassandra S.
Cassandra S.

I use to use Scope, but my dentist recommended Listerine, so I gave it a try. Initially, I did not like it because it burned my mouth when I first tried it. Then, I realized that was because it was killing all of the germs in my mouth. After several uses I no longer felt the burn and was able to swish for 30 seconds. The freshness lasts for several hours and it tastes great! I highly recommend this product.
Karamjit B.
Karamjit B.
Toronto, Ontario

I love listerine mouthwash! I use it as part of my bedtime oral care routine. Brush, floss, then listerine to get rid of any bacteria lurking around in my mouth. All flavors taste good, and you can try the alcohol free one if you don't like the burn you get with the alcohol based ones. I like to gargle with this mouthwash when I have a sore throat...I find it really helps to get rid of it.
Nicole A.
Nicole A.
Staten Island, NY

What is your favorite flavor of listerine
Josh A.
Josh A.

Are you supposed to drink this stuff?
Tiffany S.
Tiffany S.
Lakewood, WA

Is this listerine really less intense than the others?
Waleska T.
Waleska T.
Orlando, FL

Does anyone think the yellow one is the best one ?
Kylee W.
Kylee W.
Saint Helens, OR

Has anyone tried the listerine and vinegar foot soak?! how did it do?

Join Now