BY LIPSENSE #2 in Lip Stain

LipSense is the premier product of SeneGence and is unlike any conventional lipstick, stain or color. As the original long-lasting lip color, it is waterproof, does not kiss-off, smear-off, rub-off or budge-off! Create your own color palette by combining colors from over 50 shades.

• Have you used LipSense? What are your thoughts on it? This was my...2 Answers
  • SeneGence offers over 60 different colors of LipSense. What is yo...16 Answers
  • Is lipsense worth the money you spend on it?11 Answers
Stacey S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I just recently found this stuff and LOVE it!! There is a little bit of a learning curve...application is different, why it stings a little, etc. You can't compare this stuff to normal lipstick though. The alcohol is there to kill the nasties in your tube. I appreciate this, because almost every lip product I've had in a tube has gone bad before I can use it all. Once your lips aren't as dried out (this stuff actually helps exfoliate) then you don't feel that anymore. I'm not sure if your lips are more hydrated because you are constantly using gloss or something on your lips, or because of how you prep your lips before and after wearing this. I make sure now that I exfoliate my lips, probably more often than before I was wearing this. The real selling point for me is that it DOES NOT COME OFF. Sure, you reapply your gloss (this gets less and less as your lips are hydrated too) but I was doing that anyway, and I like the feel of the gloss. Not sticky. Can't wait to try more colors and their eyeshadows too!
Kari V.
Potosi, MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been using Lipsense for a couple of weeks now, and I am absolutely hooked on it! This stuff seriously stays on my lips all day, and even overnight if I reapply the gloss often enough! So, OK, here's my review: To begin with, it can be tricky to apply. I'm still a beginner, so take that into account, but for real, once it's on, it's ON. This means that if you make a mistake, it can be really hard to fix it. Also, for the love of God, read the directions, watch tutorials, etc before you try it! If you don't follow the directions exactly you won't get even coverage! Once it's on, it's there to stay! If you don't reapply the gloss often enough it may start flaking and feel dry, but I've found that as long as I reapply gloss when it starts feeling dry it last forever and looks great. The gloss I feel will be the expensive part! But gloss is no big deal, so for me, I don't mind that part. Overall, I rave about this lip color to anyone who will listen! It's become a must-have for me!!!
Cheyenne M.
Alva, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love LipSense. No heavy metals, no waxes, no gmo, no animal testing. It can stay on 4-18 hours. There is an art into applying it but it is not hard. Many experience a tingling sensation the first few times they apply it - here's why - your lips are not used to the kind of moisture that LipSense provides also, the LipSense color has a medical grade alcohol in it to help the color adhere to the lips, the tingling sensation is from the alcohol evaporating into your lips to penetrate the color. It is a little costly, however with cosmetics...you truly get what you pay for. This product is not a lip stain, so to compare it to the $6 Rommel or L'Oréal brands is not a true comparison. You can mix and match lipstick colors to create your own look. The Glossy Gloss is so very hydrating and I wear it every night before bed.
Becca T.
Shoreline, WA
I love my LipSense! I have been wearing it for about 2 months now, and have only fallen in love more. I started with a thicker more difficult to master color - Apple Cider - so I had some beginner's issues with the application. It is a few step process that is very different than any other lipstick, so make sure to try it on before you buy to make sure you like it. My supplier is awesome, and because I am having trouble with the initial color I bought she had me try on others and I am in the process of getting a new everyday color. I am excited to branch out and get more because it is so fun (and my hubs is okay with it because it doesn't get on him or accidentally on his stuff!). I highly recommend checking this product out, it is a life changer!
Laura C.
I've been using Lipsense for about one month and overall I am impressed with the product. The first two weeks using the product your lips will go through an exfoliation process. That basically means you may only get roughly 4 hours of decent wear (the gloss is very moisturizing and helps heal your lips). I average about 6-8 hours of wear, but some women can get up to 18 hours. The alcohol in the product is cosmetic grade alcohol-not the rubbing alcohol in our medicine cabinet. I find the product does last through means and is kiss proof and smudge proof. Product quality is pretty consistent, but I've noticed certain colors may fade faster than others.
Lauren D.
I absolutely love Lipscense. I actually can't believe there are not more reviews on it. I've been wearing it for at least 2 years. My all time favorite is 2 layers of pink champagne with 1 layer of bombshell topped off with the Pearl gloss.

To anyone wondering it is a 4 step process. You apply 3 layers of the shade (letting it dry in between) then use the gloss. To first time users it does slightly sting at first and that is do to the alcohol and it's actually healing your lips. To quicken up that process only wear lipscenece. If you switch between brands it will keep burning. The glossy gloss is the most moistening with shea butter. Highly recommend
Shailey P.
Westville, IL
This brand is very underground and not talked about and I don't know why. I found it online from distributes selling on eBay and Amazon. The price is high but it is the only 100 percent transfer proof lip product I've found. If you choose the shades with the better formula such as "nude" or any of the shimmers or medium/dark colors they will last through even greasy food, falling asleep with makeup one, making out, or even swimming if applied correctly. These are better than all high end transfer proof lip products. The only dupe I can find for these are the L'Oréal 2 step lip colors. But the L'Oréal will crumble on the center.
Melissa R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
My absolute favorite lipstick ever. I have tried maybe 40 lipsticks in the last few years and all have failed to meet their promises EXCEPT lipsense. I didn't believe it was possible for my lipstick to stay on past breakfast. Lipsense stays on even through 3 hours of dental work.
That said, I like the lighter colors over the brighter colors. They tend to last longer.
Oh, and note that you will see better results with the gloss then trying to use it by itself.
Also note that the while it may burn initially, that initial burning goes away after using the lipsense with the gloss for a couple days.
Lisa B.
Denton, TX
I'm torn on how to review this. I have the color Carmel Latte. I love the color. But it takes a learning curve to figure out how to wear it, or it will peel off. I think it has great staying power, but honestly it kind of stings and burns when you put it on. I love the way it looks, but I don't think the alcohol can be that great for you. I would only wear this for special occasions, and not on a daily basis. I do wear the Rimmell 16 hour lipstick. I honesly like that product much better! Especially considering the Rimmell is $6.00 and Lipsense is $55.00 for a kit. It's pretty pricey.
Riley H.
Lehi, UT
I met with a lipsense consultant because I was interested in selling this product. She was so nice and let me try it! It is seriously amazing. It lasted all day through eating and drinking and kissing. I wish it was slightly less expensive so I could own more colors!

Update: I became a distributor to get the discount and now I Own 30+ colors. The formula is not great, it smells and sometimes tastes not great, but the color selection is amazing and the staying power is unlike any other.
Honey rose is my favorite for people who don't normally wear lipstick.
Alyssa Y.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I need a lipstick/lip stain that will NOT COME OFF FOR HOURS. Does this realllyyyy work like people have said?
Morgan S.
Crystal River, FL
I have been seeing these vidoes showing how lipsense doesnt smudge or come off easily, so I was wondering how do you get it off?
Allison R.
Shawnee, OK
Looking for something long lasting like lipsense without the price. Suggestions?
Amber W.
Independence, MO
SeneGence offers over 60 different colors of LipSense. What is your favorite color?!
Kansas B.
Sparta, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm dying to try Lipsense! Is it worth it?