BY LIPSENSE

LipSense is the premier product of SeneGence and is unlike any conventional lipstick, stain or color. As the original long-lasting lip color, it is waterproof, does not kiss-off, smear-off, rub-off or budge-off! Create your own color palette by combining colors from over 50 shades.

• Have you used LipSense? What are your thoughts on it? Thi...4 Answers
  • Purchasing my first LipSense by SeneGence on Friday! So...4 Answers
  • Would anyone like to try Lipsense?! Direct Message me on ...2 Answers
LipSense by SeneGence
  • "I love this product and how long lasting it is.last until i remove it! you just have to follow the instructions, 1 swipe 3 coats top with gloss and you're good to go.moisturize your lips with the gloss before eating and whenever you feel your lips needs moisture and you can go on with the day with kiss/transfer proof, smudge proof and long lasting beautiful colored lips! i also have this product in fuscia..love it!" in 192 reviews
  • "Lipsense is now the only lipstick I wear. What I learned is that it is a series of products that must be used together to keep your lips moisturized. If used alone, it will feel dry and flake off. It is not meant to be used alone, it has to be used with their branded lip gloss. The Lipsense and gloss comes in several colors and it takes about 2 weeks to get your lips accustomed to using it. I can get 14 hours wear out of this lipstick. My lips are never dry or chapped! Hands down my holy grail lipstick! The downside is that it is a multi level marketing company, so you have to know someone who sells it. And no I don't sell the stuff, just a customer and fan!" in 191 reviews
  • "This product is amazing!!! Last all day and I love that you can layer the colors for a custom look!!! I also love that you can change the finish of the lip color by changing the gloss that you use!! Some days I want my red to be matte and other days I want it to be high shine and glossy!!!" in 89 reviews
  • "I've never been one to wear lip color at all or even every day but I've been wearing LipSense daily for four months. I love it! It's smudge proof and kiss proof and I can swim, eat, drink, work out, anything and it stays put. " in 73 reviews
Martha L.
Saint Cloud, MN
I never wore lipstick before using Lipsense because it was such a hassle, but I have now change my tune. I now wear lipstick, specifically Lipsense, at least 4 times a week! To clear up a few misconceptions here:
1. Lipsense is a lipstick, is it not a lip stain or gloss. Meaning that you'll get a full color payout.
2. Lipsense should taste you at least 8 hours, it can last up to 18! If your Lipsense is flaking off far before that 8 hour mark, you're either applying it wrong initially or not following up with enough top coat.
3. Lipsense burns when you first apply it because your lips are unmoisturized! If you continue to use the product the burning sensation will not happen anymore. Also, during the first or so you using Lipsense you will experience peeling, flaking because your lips are exfoliating all the toxins and layers of crap you've been applying to your lips before. To combat this, gloss often!
4. This is NOT a finicky or high maintenance product! If you take the 30 seconds to apply it correctly it will last you HOURS. If your Lipsense is not lasting at least 8 hours, reach out and I can help you pinpoint your problem!

With that out of the way, I can continue to tell you about the marvelousness of Lipsense. Lipsense is an all-natural makeup product. (In fact that entire SeneGence company, the parent company for Lipsense is all natural). All of the components of Lipsense are natural. Therefore this product is great for your lips.

In addition, many lip products use wax or beeswax to make the product easily apply to the skin. THESE ARE TERRIBLE FOR YOUR LIPS. Beeswax does not allowing moisturizes to permeate and actually moisturize your lips. This is why often times you find yourself reapply chapsticks or "moisturizing" lipsticks or glosses often because they aren't actually doing your lips any good.

As I mentioned before, during the first few weeks of using Lipsense you will experience your lips exfoliating. This is due to the years of harm you've put your lips through. Even by using SeneGence's Lip Balm, you'll be doing your lips wonders. I once experienced a cracked lip from altitude and climate changes and within hours SeneGence Lip Balm had fixed and healed my cracked lips.

If after the first week or so of using Lipsense you are still experiencing flaking, you're probably applying the product wrong. The application process is very simple. You apply three thin layers of product onto your lips. (What's cool about Lipsense is that you can mix and match to make new colors, so the combinations are truly endless!) Apply your Lipsense all in one direction. Unlike a gloss in which you'll swatch back and forth, you'll apply a thin layer one day and let it dry. Each layer should take about 15 seconds or less to dry. Do not press your lips together, hold your mouth slightly open to make sure your lips do not touch. If your lips do touch the tackiness will cause the color to become patch or to flake off. Once you've applied your three layers (all in the same direction), wait for the Lipsense to dry and then top with your gloss. Gloss is necessary because this is the protective layer for your color. Throughout the day you should not have to apply any additional lip color (unless you eat highly oily foods or experience flaking because you didn't apply enough gloss throughout the day and you're lips are now dry, or a handful of other reasons I listed above.) When you first start wearing Lipsense it will feel like applying gloss is your full-time job for the first few days, but again, but that's because the products you used before were crap and damaged your lips. Even when you are not wearing a lip color, I would still apply the gloss because it's essential (especially during the first week or so, to remoisturize your lips and show them the love they truly deserve).

The color of Lipsense are unreal! What's interesting about this product is that each shade looks different on everybody! Lipsense is created to work with your body's PH to make the lip colors match your unique lip tone. This is why some colors look drastically different on everywhere. Also, this also means that all colors should look good on everyone! (Lipsense also has a great policy that if for some reason you don't like a color, you can send it back and get a new one.) You can wear nudes, pinks to bright color, reds, blues and purples. You can mix and match to make your own colors as well, or create dupes for similar shades. I personally own about 15 colors and will continue to purchase more. It's a great lip product that if used correctly will give you fabulous results!

If I'm wearing Lipsense, I'm guaranteed at least a dozen compliments that day on my lip color!
Chloey K.
Camp Pendleton , CA
I bought this from a stand at the Oceanside Farmer'a market. Basically, a festival that is on the street every Thursday and sells everything from soaps, to clothes, to food, to makeup, or even pony rides. I royally talking smack on Lipsense products from the moment that sellers started coming after me on Facebook. I finally tried it, and I was incredibly impressed with the staying power. It is not a gimmick, it will stay on no matter what. It stayed on throughout the food I was eating all night, and next day when I reapplied and ate McDonald's (typically so greasy that it wipes away even the toughest liquid lipsticks) it didn't budge no matter what. However, I did find that it cracked with too many layers of product applied. It was $55 for the starter kit (which includes the lip color, gloss, and remover) so I would absolutely not consider it budget friendly. Alone the colors cost $25 and gloss $20.
So the feeling: the lipstick color tingles and almost burns due to the alcohol in the product. I know that this can't possibly be healthy for the lips. (Some representatives try to tell you that it is exfoliating the build up of old wax products on the lips. I sincerely doubt this, I just think it's damage from putting alcohol on your lips.) The gloss feels very heavy, tacky, and uncomfortable and does need to be reapplied to prevent your lips from completely drying out. It is more finicky and difficult to apply than a regular liquid lip. (I was recommended to only swipe color in one direction and do not swipe again until the current layer dries) I did mess up an application and had to remove it with the oops color remover. I would not recommend to anyone with dry lips, or has sensitive skin. I would recommend this to anyone attending a formal event or even just going out to eat. It passes the kiss test as well.
Applying too many layers
Tara L.
Oviedo
I have several shades of LipSense, and generally I like the product.
Pros:  Doesn't transfer, long lasting, easily customizable colors (due to the layering).
Cons:  You must reapply gloss pretty often to keep it from drying and flaking.  Also, if you mess up and accidentally get some color outside of your lip during application, it is difficult to remove.

I like the Glossy Gloss--it has a thick glossy feel that keeps the color from sticking, and stays put for a reasonable amount of time for a gloss.  However, since the color stays on so long, you need to reapply several times through the day, and it causes you to go through it quickly.

I am not a fan of the Matte Gloss--it is amazing how it goes on like a gloss, is lightweight, but you still get that matte finish.  That is not something I've experienced with any other gloss.  However, the smooth finish only lasts for what feels like 2 minutes before you're having to reapply!  It's a neat concept, but not worth the money.

All in all, I think LipSense is a great product if you follow each step correctly and apply gloss throughout the day.  The color stays rich and won't wear off.
Taylor S.
Milton, WV
I got Bella and the Matte gloss for Christmas. I was super skeptical and I’m not all that impressed. If you don’t do all the steps exactly, you do not get the desired results. First off, I hate the feeling of burning when you first put it on. Then if you don’t wait long enough for it all to dry, it gets sticky when you apply a new layer. It gets patchy on my upper lip, but it looks good from afar, so it didn’t bother me too much. The gloss feels good but I use it so much to attempt to not dry out my lips, I’m going through it FAST. Not happy about that at all. Finally it just doesn’t last. If your lips are even the slightest bit chapped or dry, this will flake off and dissolve in patches. I really liked that I didn’t have to worry about transfer or reapplying throughout my workday but by the end it’s not really worth the price. I really love the color but I don’t think it’s worth the hype. I think this is best for a special occasion for the staying power.
Alyssa H.
I own several of these lippies ranging from nude to bright red. I have never really worn lipstick before these because I hate how patchy and messy they can get. I also am not likely to reapply during a busy day and so the hype of this product totally spoke to me.

The other reviewers are right-
1. It will tingle/burn on application.
2. It does dry out your lips so you can’t wear it everyday.
3. You have to follow the directions to a T (ex: 3 coats is a must, ex: you can’t go back over a spot or you will get streaking) when you put on your coats it will feel nasty. Don’t let your lips touch until you apply the topcoat.
4. You must have the topcoat on. When it dries, it flakes.
5. It does not come off easily. I can wake up in the same red lips I went to bed in...

This is a high maintenance product.
So why is it so popular if it is so easy to mess up!!?

The answer is simple: because it does exactly what it promises. I love to offer a kiss to my hubby in bright red lip sense lips... he panics a little- but it truly does not transfer and totally stays put.

I notice the lighter colors and colors with shimmer stay longer. I think it is just more obvious when a bright color begins to fade resulting it a patchy color.

My final thoughts:
I actually do really like this product but prefer to wear it to special events when I need something to really last. I also consider this a lip paint more than a lip stain. The product layers on your skin and does not soak into it.
Rhonda M.
I am going through my makeup vanity and getting rid of things I don’t use any longer or that is old enough for me to purge. I tried this product twice. When I say twice I mean two sets. I did not use either all the way up. I was not a fan. I got a free set in a promo package with some leggings I ordered. The color I was sent was Aussie Rose. The second product I bought was called Praline Rose. Aussie Rose formula is thin it goes on nicely but you had to layer it up. At first I didn’t know that you had to shake vigorously the product so the first couple times it transferred through it was patchy and I didn’t like it. I was telling someone about it and they told me I needed to shake it up. Also you had to apply like three to four thin layers each time allowing them to dry in between. Getting the product off also required special remover. Aussie Rose has a little speck of gold glitter to it. When I applied the gloss that is recommended with all the products I started getting tingling and burning right away. I was told it would go away and the reason I was experiencing this was that I use too much lip balm or chap stick. While wearing lipsense products I was told to stay away from the lip balm. Praline Rose has a pink mauve color and I definitely liked it so much better than the Aussie Rose. When I wore Pralibe Rose and the lipgloss I still experienced tingling and burning. I wore these products consistently for several weeks. Now the draw to this is the claim that you are able to eat, drink, kiss, wipe your mouth etc and it does not transfer. I also found that you had to really layer these lipsticks. I didn’t like the packaging. I didn’t like the smells. I didn’t like the tingling or burning sensation. I noticed after a couple of days that my lips felt dry. In fact my Cupid’s bow was dry also. I didn’t apply the lip balms during this as it advised not to. I couldn’t stand it. After a complete six days my lips started chaffing really badly and I parked the lipsticks away in my drawer. I left them alone for probably months. I wanted a long wearing lipstick for a wedding that I attended and I grabbed my Lipsense back out to wear. I found that even after one night of about 8 hours I felt the dryness and chaffing back on my lips. Today I’m throwing these products out. I don’t know if Lipsense is still around and if people are still using it but I’m not. I did not like it. And I would not use again even if I had nothing else to wear on my lips. I think it took about four to five days also when I first started wearing the product for it to work to what they considered full potential. It was something in the handout that said that my lips were to exfoliate from the wax buildup from chapsticks. 🙄 I’m gladly throwing this out today and making room in my pullout drawer for some amazing lip products.
LAURELLE V.
I love lipsense! I’m currently a distributor so I will be selling these products so I needed to try them out before selling. I gotta say, the product speaks for itself. It’s very long lasting, smudge proof, waterproof and kiss proof. The only downside about this is the smell and the tingling sensation when you apply it for the first time. After a while though, you don’t even notice it because your lips eventually get used to it. Also I recommend moisturing your lips really well before and after using it because if your lips are chapped and you put this product on top, not only will it feel like your lips are tingling/burning— it isnt’t going to look cute to have chapped lips while using this product because the color will seep into your fine lines and it will just look bad. After removing the product, I recommend using a lip scrub (there are many easy diys online to make one!) or a lip mask, I use the Laniege lip mask and it works WONDERS!
Alicesen L.
Like many of you I've seen endless testimonies and pictures all over social media advertising the magic that is Lipsense by SeneGence. Firstly, I'd like to say that this product is not for everyone. It's also a product that I wouldn't necessarily wear everyday.
1) It's pricey. A starter kit (-Color-Gloss-Remover) costs $55. Each individual color costs $25, each gloss is $20.
2) The application takes some getting used to. By no means is this a apply and go product. It takes some time and some practice. It is true that these lippies last ALL DAY and the color looks amazing even after 8 or more hours of wear. It is also true that it STINGS when you first apply the color. I have 2 go-to shades that I absolutely adore. I wear BluRed (the shade on the right) for special occasions and when I want to go full glam. The shade on the left is Purple Reign and it's such a pretty purple shade that's easy to dress up or down. I recommend looking up YouTube videos to learn the proper way to apply Lipsense. (Yes, there's a right and a wrong way) I think Lipsense is great for special occasions or long work days when applying lipstick over and over just isn't possible.
Kori L.
Tulsa, OK
No stars if I could. This product is awful. To start with, it burns. It’s overpriced crap that claims to be “moisturizing” but actually, it contains a massive amount of denatured alcohol to dry out the top layers of your lips, though its sellers will tell you that isn’t the case. The “detox” phase that’s referred to is your top layer of skin drying out and falling off. It stays on so well because it’s basically like rubbing vodka and food coloring on your face. The salesgirls will tell you not to use any other products as it will “screw up your process” but really it’s so the company can make more money.

Also, the business model is awful. Please look into the predatory practices of multilevel marketing. There are plenty of documentaries, Facebook groups, Reddit subs, personal testimonies and lawsuits that can help you to understand how horrific these companies can be.
Ryan W.
This is the most brilliant lip colour system in existence. You can mix and match the over 50 different shades to create custom looks including matte, glossy, and glitter. One tube lasts up to 4 months if you use it daily. LipSense is made in the U.S.A. and is not tested on animals. Limited edition colours and glosses come out frequently and the staying power is up to 18 hours. I've worn this overnight and awakened with perfect lips. You can also acheive AMAZING lip art with this product. LipSense tingles because it is de-natured alcohol suspended in liquid lip color. I've been using it exclusively for 1.5 years and I can't imagine using another lip color brand.
Alyssa Y.
I need a lipstick/lip stain that will NOT COME OFF FOR HOURS. Does this realllyyyy work like people have said?
Morgan S.
Crystal River, FL
I have been seeing these vidoes showing how lipsense doesnt smudge or come off easily, so I was wondering how do you get it off?
Amber W.
Independence, MO
SeneGence offers over 60 different colors of LipSense. What is your favorite color?!
Allison R.
Shawnee, OK
Looking for something long lasting like lipsense without the price. Suggestions?
Amanda C.
I want to know the truth. Does this burn every time you apply it? For 1...I am aware no one that sells a product wants to admit it burns like fire. For 2-I've never met an alcohol that didn't burn when you rub it on-EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU RUB IT ON. For 3-telling me it's medical grade alcohol is like telling me a banana is organic. At the end of the day, it's still a banana. Clearly I've been worked over with several sales pitches and I'm over it. I just wanna know the truth because it's EXPENSIVE. Seriously. I don't care how long it lasts it's high as a cats back. Lol. Annnnd go!

Amazon