BY LIPSENSE #2 in Lip Stain

LipSense is the premier product of SeneGence and is unlike any conventional lipstick, stain or color. As the original long-lasting lip color, it is waterproof, does not kiss-off, smear-off, rub-off or budge-off! Create your own color palette by combining colors from over 50 shades.

• Have you used LipSense? What are your thoughts on it? This was my...2 Answers
  • SeneGence offers over 60 different colors of LipSense. What is yo...17 Answers
  • Why are so many people waste money on this product. I mean seriou...1 Answers
Chloey K.
Camp Pendleton, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought this from a stand at the Oceanside Farmer'a market. Basically, a festival that is on the street every Thursday and sells everything from soaps, to clothes, to food, to makeup, or even pony rides. I royally talking smack on Lipsense products from the moment that sellers started coming after me on Facebook. I finally tried it, and I was incredibly impressed with the staying power. It is not a gimmick, it will stay on no matter what. It stayed on throughout the food I was eating all night, and next day when I reapplied and ate McDonald's (typically so greasy that it wipes away even the toughest liquid lipsticks) it didn't budge no matter what. However, I did find that it cracked with too many layers of product applied. It was $55 for the starter kit (which includes the lip color, gloss, and remover) so I would absolutely not consider it budget friendly. Alone the colors cost $25 and gloss $20.
So the feeling: the lipstick color tingles and almost burns due to the alcohol in the product. I know that this can't possibly be healthy for the lips. (Some representatives try to tell you that it is exfoliating the build up of old wax products on the lips. I sincerely doubt this, I just think it's damage from putting alcohol on your lips.) The gloss feels very heavy, tacky, and uncomfortable and does need to be reapplied to prevent your lips from completely drying out. It is more finicky and difficult to apply than a regular liquid lip. (I was recommended to only swipe color in one direction and do not swipe again until the current layer dries) I did mess up an application and had to remove it with the oops color remover. I would not recommend to anyone with dry lips, or has sensitive skin. I would recommend this to anyone attending a formal event or even just going out to eat. It passes the kiss test as well.
Applying too many layers
Taylor B.
Lexington , KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
These lipsticks are fantastic!! I have never found a lipstick that lasts like these and I was skeptical at first but they really met all of the expectations that I had! The only thing I don’t love about some of the colors is that the dark ones can be a little hard to work with but I find that in a lot of dark lipsticks. They last on my lips all day no matter what I am doing and doesn’t fade or smear. They are a bit tough to remove so I don’t tend to wear them unless I am wanting to have my lipstick on for a good length of time. They are a bit pricey at first but I think they are well worth it and the product last an incredibly long time. I think the packaging on them is also great and they don’t leak and are very sturdy. They have a nice applicator on them that makes them easy to apply. The have to be purchased from a distributor so you can’t find them online or in store but if you find someone who sells them then I recommend you check it out! I am wearing the shade berry in this picture I included!
Desirée T.
Olympia, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Absolute trash MLM product.
It is terrible causes terrible peeling it, and it burns your lips.
It burns your lips because one of the main ingredients is alcohol, also you have to buy 2-3 products just to have one lip look and consistently reapply the top coat. And they have a "matte" top coat that is clearly just a clear gloss.

Also, they keep scamming people by claiming that your lips have a layer of wax, which is is false

If you want a real MAKE up product that will work and has staying power I would look at Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick , Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipst, Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick or Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Matte Lipstick. ( Beauty Bakerie Lip Whips is the best)

These products cost less, have a better finish, look amazing and you don't have to buy multiple products in order to make one lip.
Ciara C.
Binghamton, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used this product for the first time in February of 2017. I signed up to sell it the next day. Why? Well, the answer is simple.. I LOVE it! No lip product has ever lasted so long or was as smear proof as this one! Now be weary of bad reviews, as this is a product of direct sales and many other direct sales companies and their distributers will try to put other companies products down. I've heard some distributors from other companies, such as Limelight by Alcone, say that LipSense gave them a bad reaction and their lips broke out in a rash. I wish I could prove that didn't happen to them, but unfortunately, I cannot. All I can tell you is that it's highly doubtful. I have very sensitive, pale and pasty skin. If anyone would be susceptible to a break out, it's me, and I did not! I have a huge issue with biting my lips, so they used to be constantly dry. I started using LipSense and not only did they look beautiful, but they felt it too! This product is all natural, animal cruelty free. It works to restore your lips, all while looking amazing! What other lip product does that?! Most lipsticks dry me out so badly, because they're wax based. LipSense is not wax based, which is why it doesn't dry you out! It may tingle the first few times you use it, but don't be afraid. This is because it's working on replenishing the dead skin left from previous products that dried your lips out. Once your lips are replenished and back to healthy from using LipSense, it will no longer tingle when you apply it! Also, if you're going to use this product, you must use LipSense gloss on top of it! The gloss is what seals the color and helps to restore your lips back to health! LipSense without the LipSense gloss is like gel nails without the UV light!
Devonne J.
NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
The application process takes some getting used to-not applying too much product/applying enough to get the best color. This is the only reason i didn’t give more stars but aside from that, it’s the only lip color I’ve purchased that does what it says-lasts long. I’ve applied it at 10a and wore it until just about 10p while eating and drinking throughout the day and the only reapplying you need to do is with the gloss. The colors are beautiful and what’s great is once you buy a few, you can layer them to create different colors/shades. The only other downfall to me, as a makeup wearer who doesn’t spend much money on makeup is the price but i feel like its worth it when you are able to go throughout the day without reapplying color/losing color. I had to stop myself from buying more colors
Sherry K.
Brownsville
I absolutely love LipSense. It is pricey compared to regular lipsticks ($25 for the color and $15 for the gloss), but there is a lot more product in the tube than is found in other brands.

When you first apply LipSense to your lips, there is a burning / tingling sensation, but it passes quickly. Basically, you have to open your mouth / keep it taut to avoid lines or wrinkles. You shake your LipSense bottle several times to mix the color well, kind of like you do a bottle of spray paint. Then, you pull out the applicator and wipe off the excess on the top of the container. Finally, you gently paint your lips with the applicator in one direction. You wait 3 to 5 seconds and do a second coat. Wait 3 to 5 more seconds and do another coat. Wait another 5 seconds and top with your gloss to seal in the color.

You can layer different colors to get different shades. Also, there is a large variety of gloss choices from matte to glossy to pearl to glitter and everything in between.

I currently own 4 colors: Precious Topaz, Bella, Carmel Latte, and Napa. I also have one gloss: Bougainvillea. I love all of what I own, and, if I could afford it, would have several more colors. It is addictive!  LipSense by SeneGence
Alyssa C.
I LOVE lipsense!
When Used properly, It is such a great lipstick!
Most people don't follow all of the steps and that's why they hate the product. Make sure You follow ALL of the directions exactly and You will be very happy with the results! Make sure EVERY layer is FULLY dry before You apply the next!
If You don't use it right, The Color will flake off and get Everywhere.
There is a tingle When You first start using it, But It goes away and After continuous use, It will stop becoming a problem!
The color will seriously last You ALL DAY and Will absolutely not come off on anything! Make sure You definitely use the senegence gloss though!
I didn't rate it 5 stars because I don't like The smell..
I am NOT a senegence consultant! Just a happy customer! 😊
Angela C.
Wauwatosa, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product is AWESOME! I have three colors, Honey Apple, Mulled Wine, and Aussie Rose- all amazing and stay on all night! They even have a matte "gloss" that will keep the color matte, versus shiny, but still moisturize! LipSense by SeneGence My only negative thoughts would be that they are a bit pricier than I would like, and if you don't constantly put on the gloss, you're going to have the color flake off (which with a dark color, looks weird). I don't find myself reapplying the lip color often, and honestly, the moisturizing gloss doesn't come off too quickly, so you're pretty good to go with maybe one or two touch ups throughout the night/day. Highly recommend for someone who is looking for a super long lasting lip color!
Ashley P.
Vacaville
Beauty Junkie Expert
The staying power of this stuff is great. There is a bit of a learning curve when applying it though. You have to put three coats on letting each one dry before the next goes on, then you apply the gloss. They have a few different types of gloss the only one I have ever tried is glossy gloss which is he main one. The lipstick itself is very drying even though they claim it to be hydrating. They also tell you not to use chapstick because it will make the lipsense flake..but I am pretty sure they say that so you will buy their lip balm because the glossy gloss has synthetic beeswax in it which chapstick does too. I have three colors and I like them a lot I just don't like the smell of lipsense or the way it dries my lips out. I also hate the way it looks on. I can't describe it but I will update with a picture to show you what I mean.
Jennifer K.
Grand Rapids, MI
Sooooo, I got my first Lipsense order last week. I have heard about this product so much, but was not excited about trying yet another lip “stain”. Let’s face it, they never last as long as you would like!? And the price? Forget it!!!
This time however, I was overly impressed! My friend is a seller, actually several friends are. I decided to participate just this once.
First, there are so many colors, and glosses to choose from. Then, the wand for the color does not come out all drippy and over coated, yet is still spreads nicely. They also created this OOOPS remover to correct any errors when applying. SUPER SMART. The color lasted way longer than my expectations, and the gloss is wonderful. My daughter keeps trying to take my gloss from me. I don’t really care for gloss normally, but this stuff feels amazing and non-sticky (pearl gloss)
If you haven’t given it a shot, please do! It’s well worth it. I promise. You just need the oops and gloss one time, well, for a long while that is. So go nuts with the color!
Alyssa Y.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I need a lipstick/lip stain that will NOT COME OFF FOR HOURS. Does this realllyyyy work like people have said?
Morgan S.
Crystal River, FL
I have been seeing these vidoes showing how lipsense doesnt smudge or come off easily, so I was wondering how do you get it off?
Amber W.
Independence, MO
SeneGence offers over 60 different colors of LipSense. What is your favorite color?!
Allison R.
Shawnee, OK
Looking for something long lasting like lipsense without the price. Suggestions?
Amanda C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I want to know the truth. Does this burn every time you apply it? For 1...I am aware no one that sells a product wants to admit it burns like fire. For 2-I've never met an alcohol that didn't burn when you rub it on-EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU RUB IT ON. For 3-telling me it's medical grade alcohol is like telling me a banana is organic. At the end of the day, it's still a banana. Clearly I've been worked over with several sales pitches and I'm over it. I just wanna know the truth because it's EXPENSIVE. Seriously. I don't care how long it lasts it's high as a cats back. Lol. Annnnd go!