LinkedIn uploaded by Monday C.

BY LINKEDIN CORPORATION

A networking tool to find connections to recommended job candidates, industry experts and business partners.

• Anyone else having problems linking your influenster and ...4 Answers
  • Does anyone else find it hard to sometimes navigate aroun...5 Answers
  • IS IT JUST FOR PEOPLE THAT WORK LINKEDIN?6 Answers
Megan M.
I really don’t prefer this platform from the layout to the features and the subscription service. I have a profile but I rarely update it and I’m almost never active on the site. If you’re in the corporate business world you’ll use this constantly but if you don’t work a typical job you probably won’t be on here much. It’s a good resource to help you get a job but it’s for very specific types of work.
Andrea G.
Collinsville, MS
I enjoy the Linkd app for reading career related articles and networking; I try to check the app several times a week. However, lately features such as “congratulate _____ on their 1 yr work Anniversary” or “Wish __________ a happy birthday!” Make it feel more like Facebook than a career networking app. Also, I have received messages from men lately that were inappropriate and sexual in nature; I blocked them, and I know it’s not Linkd’s fault, but I wish people wouldn’t use it for that.
Louisa G.
Johnson City, TN
If you don't have LinkedIn, make an account now! LinkedIn is a fresh, modern way to display your resume, connect with professionals all over the world, and display your tech-savvy skills. No matter your education or career background, you need a LinkedIn account. I am a recent college graduate, and creating a LinkedIn profile was a requirement in order for students to learn how we could compete in a tech inclined world. I even took a professional class on how to enhance my profile and make it stand out from the others - which I definitely recommend if you struggle with understanding how to navigate LinkedIn. LinkedIn is FREE (unless you want a Premium account), so there is nothing to lose from creating an account today. LinkedIn does guide you on how to make your profile shine and stand out - it's so easy to create an account, and it's even fun formatting and organizing. You make your account unique just like you!
 I cannot tell you how many times that organizations and businesses have looked up my profile before my in person interview. I have even had job offers from people just viewing my profile. You can apply for jobs directly though LinkedIn, learn new business skills for FREE, and if you love to write, you can share your own academic/business articles. There are thousands of features to explore, and you can always update your profile with new achievements and skills learned from the website.
Everything is going digital, and I believe physical resumes will soon be a thing of the past. LinkedIn is becoming the resume of the future. Have fun learning about your profile and expanding your options for a better education and career!
Lexi W.
Tacoma, WA
This is a great social platform for professionals to keep up on the lateset of the business world or searching for new employment!! Highly recommend getting connected!!!
Allison S.
I never learned how to use LinkedIn. I have it and have almost 500 connections, but I don’t post anything or like others’ posts. It’s basically an online resume for me.
Brooke B.
Statesboro, GA
This website has become my favorite thing to use when talking to potential employers and jobs. It allows you to add your skills, resume, past and current job positions, your future goals, and connections. Having a lot of connections means that you know more people and sometimes that's just what you need to land that dream job. They also have a jobs posting sections where they find jobs that they think would fit you and you can even search for jobs and apply right from the app. My favorite thing about this app is now you can apply to jobs and use this website to apply and employers can see more of you and your skills and references rather than just a piece of paper or a single document about you. It's a better more progressive interactive way to talk to professionals.
Teresa N.
This app/site is crucial to all working professionals. Its a platform to stay connected to other working professionals as well as companies and their recruiters. It's free, you complete your profile with education and work history. You're able to apply directly to jobs on the site, read articles related to your field of interest, make connections to recruiters. Although I'm employed I still like to check out what other opportunities are out there. I don't use it as a social platform like some people have mentioned and have not received any inappropriate messages. I highly recommend this to everyone. Recruiters almost always look to your LinkedIn profile.
Jessica B.
Oakford, PA
I have mixed feelings about LinkedIn.  I know that it is intended to be this great networking tool, but i don't find it to be like that.  Really most of the people that I'm connected with treat LinkedIn as if it were Facebook.  LinkedIn recently acquired Lynda.com and created LinkedIn Learning and I am currently used a trial month and I like that more than I expected.  It helps improve your work related skills.  Hopefully LinkedIn gets better
Alyssa C.
Mount Airy, MD
Great concept, but I am not sure how it is helpful. I tried looking for jobs on this site for a month. Nothing happened. It is difficult. I also do not really want to be 'friends' with coworkers on the internet because that is more personal in my opinion. Facebook is for friends/family and so on. Work is work, leave that where it is. If this site has helped someone please share a success story because I have yet to hear of one.
Kristýna B.
I love LinkedIn. It's a great way to connect with people on the professional level and make connections within your industry. I also use it to keep in touch with old coworkers from past companies or those who have left and grow my network. You can join groups and organizations with individuals in similar careers and even find people or jobs that you may be interested in.
Connie F.
Los Angeles, CA
Who has a Linkedin account?
angel a.
Dearborn, MI
IS IT JUST FOR PEOPLE THAT WORK LINKEDIN?
Heather U.
Colfax, NC
Does anyone else find it hard to sometimes navigate around Linkedin? I think its mostly on my mobile device.
Maddi C.
Would this help me get linked into a singing job or something along the lines?
Berta M.
Uniontown, OH
Anyone else having problems linking your influenster and linkedin accts?