BY LINDT

A More Formal Gift for Any Occasion Give the Ultimate Chocolate Delight with Lindor Truffles in a Gold Gift Box Finished with a Gold Seal a Navy Satin Ribbon 2 Contains 30 Assorted Lindor Truffles in Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate Dark Chocolate 30 Assorted Truffles ~ Net Wt. 12.70 oz see more...

amanda m.
amanda m.
I was inspired to go out and buy this bar by research released by Harvard this past march about the health benefits of flavanoids in cocoa. I just went out and picked up the bar with the highest cocoa content assuming I'd be getting a the highest dose of flavanols (the class of flavanoid that is found in cocoa)... after a little more research though, I realized I'd picked the wrong brand for that. Looking at the ingredients, you'll see that the cocoa is "processed with alkali" (aka Dutch processed chocolate). Apparently, 60-90% of flavanoids are removed during Dutch processing (according to wikipedia). From what I read, you're much better off trying trying to find "natural" chocolate if you are going for the health benefits.

On the other hand... I'm totally addicted to this chocolate! At first I found it too bitter and ate it along with some grapes to help sweeten it up, but after a few nights my palate has changed and am loving it just the way it is. Too bad about the Dutch processing.

If you are going for the healthiest brand regardless of price, it looks like the Xocai brand is the way to go. Not only is it natural, but it's cold pressed (heating the chocolate also removes flavinoids) and is sweetened with açai berries. I couldn't find any data on how big of a difference in flavanoid content of cold pressed and non-cold pressed chocolate, but I doubt it's worth the current cost.

There's a few good dark chocolates available here at amazon that are natural and dairy free with high cocoa content including: Dragoba makes an 87% cocoa organic chocolate bar, and Endangered Species makes one at 88% (Black Panther Extreme Dark Chocolate). Stay away from bars that don't post their ingredients on Amazon (such as Green & Black's organic 85% cocoa dark chocolate bar which contains whole milk).
Jody J.
Jody J.
Lanesville, IN
I received a few different types of these chocolates as a graduation gift, and I was very pleased. For the price they are, they are definitely worth it. They don't have the same waxy texture as other chocolates.l, which I take as a sign of quality. They remind me a lot of Ghirardelli chocolates which are my absolute favorite, so that should say something about how great they are. All of the different fillings and flavored were absolutely delicious, and I will definitely be purchasing these on my own.
Eileen S.
Eileen S.
Chester, VA
Lindt chocolate truffles have always been a favorite of mine since I was young, and are always a great and safe choice for a thank you gift or small present. The luxurious flavor and feeling of their truffles is unrivaled by other companies -- it's by far the best mass produced chocolate truffle out there!
Gail S.
Gail S.
Cleveland, OH
My sister turned me onto Lindt and whenever I see them on sale, I buy them. They are affordable, but more so on sale. They are just awesome, so creamy. I do not eat them often, as they are fattening. They are a treat. I would definitely recommend them to anyone that loves chocolate.
Daniela B.
Daniela B.
I love this chocolates they are super soft and creamy , so far my favorites are the white chocolate and milk chocolate they are affordable just as expensiveor affordable as any other candy , i would definitely recommend this chocolates because they are delicious !
Paris P.
Paris P.
You can never get enough of this chocolate. The chocolate is so rich and it melts in your mouth. It is such a treat and all the flavors are amazing. I love the texture and butteriness of this chocolate it is a bit pricey but for the taste it's worth it.
Lori L.
Lori L.
Parma, OH
I received this for a birthday gift and boy was I happy. these little gems are amazing!! I like the way they melt and when you get to the cream filled center, it's like heaven. sadly though, this box didn't last as long as it should have 😍
Nancy L.
Nancy L.
Williamsburg
I am a chocolate snob. I love the rich, creamy and velvety taste of good chocolate. So much of the chocolate nowadays is waxy and no flavor. But Lindt is wonderful. Will be buying them again.
Cristina B.
Cristina B.
Rialto, CA
I my opinion this is a perfect holiday gift for a boss or a teacher. They are delicious chocolates packed with flavor. Affordable, specially if you get a holiday set. I would recommend.
maya R.
maya R.
Lake Stevens, WA
I've loved this brand this the first time I tried it. I bought this box for my boyfriend last Christmas, and we both are it in one night. Very shiny, smooth high quality chocolate.