BY LINDT

Discover aromas of dried fruit and liquorice, as well as powerful earthy tones. An exceptional 85% cocoa dark chocolate that embodies the essence of cocoa beans, with robust flavors dark chocolate enthusiasts will savor.

EXCELLENCE 85% Cocoa: Discover aromas of dried fruit and liquorice, as well as powerful earthy tones. What's Inside: An exceptional 85% cocoa dark chocolate that embodies the essence of cocoa beans, with robust flavors dark chocolate enthusiasts will savor. Pairing Suggestion: Zinfandel, with its bold notes of fruit and spice is a great match for 85% Cocoa. Lindt EXCELLENCE: Prepared especially for you by the Lindt Master Chocolatiers who, from selecting the highest quality cocoa beans to creating the finest textures and tastes chocolate can offer, demand nothing less than Perfection. Lindt chocolate embodies the passion and expert craftsmanship of its Lindt Master Swiss Chocolatiers. Lindt delivers a unique chocolate experience offering a distinctly smooth and rich, gourmet taste.

• Flavor: Dark Chocolate
  • Taste: Dark Chocolate
  • Piece count: 1
  • Weight: 3.5 oz (100 g)
  • Country: US
  • Gluten free: Yes

Chocolate, cocoa powder, cocoa butter, demerara sugar, bourbon vanilla beans.

• If I were only buying one, which should I buy?11 Answers
  • Alright all, Favorite flavors?4 Answers
  • Has anyone tried the chili one and how does it taste? 5 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
  • "The caramel / sea salt is definitely sweeter, and I find myself buying the plain sea salt bar more and more these days. " in 26 reviews
  • "If you are a fan of the smooth, sweet, and creamy high quality lindt milk chocolate, and are a fan of nuts, you'll love this chocolate!" in 12 reviews
  • "Apparently, dark chocolates are really good for your health, so why not go for it?" in 11 reviews
  • "I wasn't always a dark chocolate fan, but these Lindt dark chocolate bars are so smooth, creamy and just sweet enough that I am now a HUGE fan." in 7 reviews
  • "I like to have just a small piece at the end of a long day with a nice glass of red wine, perfect ending to some not so perfect days." in 5 reviews
Rachel R.
Let's be honest with ourselves-- dark chocolate CAN be too dark, and this 85% is just a little too dark to be flavorful. Lindt makes excellent chocolates, and this might be alright for the few people who can tolerate extremely bitter chocolate, but at this point it's lost the sweetness that allows you to explore the taste and has turned into a very bitter cocoa bar. I can't even add it to my sweetened yogurt. :( I'd suggest stopping at about 75% for dark chocolate-- Lindt makes some delicious 70% darks that you'd love if you're a fan of dark chocolate.
Nicole A.
Staten Island , NY
This chocolate is one of the best chocolates i have ever had. This is not your average candy bar. With unique flavors like Black Currant dark chocolate to pear and almond chocolate (my favorite) you can't go wrong. Lindt offers more than just exotic flavors their milk chocolate and dark chocolate (up to 99%) is perfect for baking! I always choose Lindt when baking homemade thick chocolate cake. If you are going to treat yourself, treat yourself right and choose this.
Caitlin F.
Lovely , KY
I'm an admitted chocolate addict, and these are my go-to.
From White Coconut: white chocolate with crisp flakes of fine coconut.
To Almond: white chocolate with whole roasted almonds and caramelised almond pieces.
And even Poire intense: pear flavored chocolate with almond flakes.

I buy as many of the above three as budget allows, and the fiancee always pics up a couple for me when he sees them.
They're so decadent and amazing!
Peter C.
Middle Vlg, NY
L O V E , so good when thrown in the freezer. This is one of the few top dark chocolates I will purchase. No fillers in your candy. I wouldn't call it candy, I call it indulgence with a hint of innocence. Not over the top sweetness, which I do enjoy without diving for milk. I tried this with an apple and bananas. Who would of thunk it. Pretty good combo.
Rebecca V.
I lovvvve lindt chocolate.
As for the bars, I'm certainly not reaching for the dark but that's a general personal preference. I much prefer the coconut in white chocolate. If you're reaching for their double milk bar it's pretty sweet but reminds me of kinder bars from Europe.
If I had to choose, though, I'd rather buy the lindt lindor truffles (the balls) or the "fancier" ones they have up front in the lindt store... SOOOO good and if you buy a bag of the truffles it's a good price too
Lisa S.
Davison, MI
These bars have become my favorite sweet treat. I got a great deal and bought four or five from Rite Aid on my last visit, and I've loved every single flavor! The dark chocolate is intense, but not bitter. The bars with fruit have just enough added sweetness, and the salted caramel (my absolute favorite flavor) has just a hint of saltiness and pieces of caramel (not liquid). Absolutely heavenly. Definitely try these!
Lorisha S.
Memphis, TN
I usually shy away from dark chocolate preferring to eat milk chocolate or white chocolate, but I have tried and really like like Lindt's dark chocolate. I got it in a gift sampler and left them all for last. However when that time of the month came around I was desperate for some indulgence and gave it a try. I didn't expect to like it but I did. The chocolate is smooth and creamy, and unlike some other dark chocolates it doesn't leave a bitter aftertaste.
Alexis R.
Santa Monica, CA
I actually had a health teacher that told me that Lindt chocolates have one of the most perfect crystalline structures of any chocolate in the US market and so it is the most creamy and smooth. So now my husband doesn't like to buy other brands! Haha. And really, it seems true because that texture seems perfect. You can really tell it's good quality chocolate. Wishing I had some right now :)
Mary B.
North Port, FL
I absolutely love these chocolate bars. One of the tiny squares will satisfy your sweet tooth (and believe me, I have a BIG sweet tooth), and so one bar will last a while. There are several varieties, but my favorite is the orange infused bar.
Aleena A.
This brand alone always delivers as far as quality. If you are a fan of pure cocoa and not really into sweet chocolate, you might love this one! To those that are used to Hersey chocolate and things of the like, this may be biter to you. But in this form it has far less sugar and is generally better for you and still enough to kill a sweet tooth without completely killing a diet.
Skye S.
Ajax
How dark do you like to go?
Sybil Y.
Oakland, CA
What do you pair your REALLY dark chocolates with? Port? Nuts? Berries? Wine?
Maya W.
Plano, TX
Where is the best place to find this stuff? I usually find mine in gourmet shops but it's so expensive there
Vilma Judith C.
Doral, FL
Other than dark which Lindtt flavor do you like?
Lily A.
Where do you guys usually buy these?