BY LIME CRIME #63 in Hair Color

Making all your hair fantasies come true, Lime Crime's Unicorn Hair will leave your locks silky-smooth, smelling spring fresh and - of course - coloured with brilliantly bold, semi-permanent dye. In the dreamiest line-up of shades, the tints and full-coverage dyes are designed to last a long time and fade gracefully, so you can go on enjoying the colour effects. Kicking off the hypnotic tint hues is pastel baby pink 'Bunny', followed by pastel lilac 'Dilute' and nude 'Sext', while the full-coverage options are deep burgundy-red 'Chocolate Cherry', traffic-stopping orange 'Leeloo', clean vibrant peach 'Neon Peach', warm rose 'Bubblegum rose' and crimson red 'Valentine'. Formulated from only the purest, vegan ingredients, the dyes are gentle on hair and completely cruelty-free.

• How does this compare to like, Manic Panic? Staying power? True t...1 Answers
  • Coffee!!4 Answers
  • How is it on dark hair? I know there are the specific ones that a...2 Answers
Buy on ULTA*
Olivia Marie A.
SAINT LEO, FL
Review for: Gargoyle
PATCH TEST THIS FIRST! I BEG YOU!! Don't let what happened to me happen to you! This was a hugely expensive mistake that I won't ever make again.
It's advertised in all of the promotional photos to be a dark almost purple grey. My hair was already dark roots with silver at the time of dying it, so there wasn't any blond/brassy color to affect the outcome. As directed, I left it in for two hours on clean hair that had been previously bleached (albeit months ago, no recent bleaching - but it was already light). I literally used grey on top of silver & somehow got dark GREEN. Not only is it nothing like it's advertised as a final product, but it didn't evenly turn my hair green - it's only green in random patches, in other places it's dark blue. If this had been advertised as some kind of dark mermaid color, then I would be happy with this result. I am so, so upset - & now I have to go spend hundreds of dollars getting this gross color out of my hair. So disappointed with this hair dye - wish I would have patch tested instead of blindly trusting Limecrime's promotional photography. I have since looked up this issue & it isn't just me - LOTS of people have reported their hair turning green! I wish I had thought to look it up before using it! Also during the rinse process, it ruined the manicure I had just spent 60$ on - it turned my pink/white this nasty grey blue & now I have to go get those done again as well. I've dyed my hair myself for many years & never had my manicure ruined by a dye during the rinse process. In total this $16 bottle of dye is going to cost me $200 more dollars to recover from. I'll be staying away from the Limecrime hair line.
Amanda C.
Review for: Chestnut
Pros: decent price for amount of product. Smells amazing

Cons: looks much bigger in advertisements than it is.
Dye doesnt adhere evenly, even if applied evenly
Stains skin for 3-4 days
Looks MUCH darker than advertised.
Doesnt stick to grey

My hair is now a black maroon when it started as light brown..or should i say the bottom half is. The top half looks more of a dark dark brown with 0 red?

Im one of the lucky few that did in fact go red with brown hair ...but it darkened my hair SO MUCH. I do not reccomend this what so ever . Box dye will at least cover your entire surface even if you do have to buy multipleboxes. I dont know whats wrong with these but sometimes maximum pigment isnt a good thing
Eli B.
Charleston, WV
Review for: Bunny
DO NOT BUY THE SHADE BUNNY. I was wanting a pastel pink and I started out with already very bleached hair and left the color on for 2 HOURS, and this was the result after I washed the dye out. It did not stick to the ends of my hair AT ALL. I am pretty familiar with hair dye and I know I did it perfectly, but the dye did not work at all. I don't know about the more pigmented colors but I would definitely pass on any of the tints, and from this experience I have no interest in trying the other colors. Would never repurchase this since it doesn't actually stay in your hair. It makes me sad because I do enjoy other Lime Crime products and I believe those things are great quality but this is a hard pass from me.
Jenise L.
Review for: Sea Witch
I am SO in love with this product! Absolutely gorgeous on my dark hair. The colored part took the shade super easily & the natural untouched part of my hair left an amazing tint! It smells AMAZING, no crunchy dry texture. It also did not burn my eyes and nose! It was super fun to do! EVERY STRAND was colored & they were not playing when they said it was hyper pigmented. Honestly, I'm shook by the way it turned out. I hope that it fades as pretty as it says. My hair is super smooth & IT'S AMAZING IN THE SUN!
Savannah O.
Review for: Sext, Other
I mixed Sext and aesthetic together and got a really nice rose gold color! I left it on for two hours as the instructions said! It was exactly what i expected! My hair was bleached professionally and I had been using pravanna to get it to a lighter blonde! It lasted a few days only because I didn’t really keep up with what color Safe shampoo I used! Would definitely recommend! I bought 6 sample packets 3 of each!
Catherine G.
Las Vegas
Review for: Dirty Mermaid
I don’t know if i bought the wrong color or what.

I was was super excited to dye my hair yesterday. I was advised to live this color in for 1-2 hours. I ended up using the entire jar, even though my hair is short.

However, here I am the morning after and my hair doesn’t look any bit different than before I dyed it
Micaela D.
Review for: Charcoal
The lime crime unicorn line formulated for brunettes, is absolute garbage. I bought 2 bottles of the charcoal hair dye to try on my ombré hair. It turned my ash blonde into a a dark green and did absolutely nothing to my dark brown roots. On top of that, it turned my scalp green. I wish I had waited to read reviews before purchasing this dye as I am not the only one this has happened to.
Shalasie M.
Broken Arrow, OK
Review for: Neon Peach
I love love love this dye. I just purchased a sample pack because I wasn’t sure how it would turn out. It is fantastic. I diluted it with white conditioner and it came out perfect. My hair wasn’t even a white blonde. It was very yellow and brassy. The neon peach covered it perfectly. Lime Crime Unicorn Hair Semi-Permanent Hair Color
Kylee L.
Augusta, WI
Review for: Chestnut
Do. Not. Buy. This.!!! If you want your hair colored without actually ruining your hair go to a professional. If you want to test it, do a strand test but even that did not come up the same color or what it was supposed to do for me. It doesn't cover dark hair well and over blonde didn't look the greatest either. Wouldn't recommend.
Aubree D.
San Diego
I used three test stand packets to color the underside of my hair. I used one anime (bright blue) and two dirty mermaid (dark real). The ends of my hair are bleached and the color took well to that but it barely tinted the rest of my hair. All together it was easy to use (no need to mix) and clean up was simple. I would give it a higher rating if the color was more vibrant.
Astrid D.
Brownsville, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Lime crime or manic panic?
Heaven B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How long does this semi dye last?Is it pigmented or now?Do you like pervan better or this?
Samantha L.
Scarborough , ON
Lime Crime Unicorn Hair Semi-Permanent Hair Color has any used this product? How does the colour look? Is it worth to buy? 🦄
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
How damaging is this on hair?
Tova H.
Vestal, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
i have really dark brown hair almost black so would i have to bleach im assuming so just wondering ?