BY LIME CRIME #99 in Hair Color

3 years in the making, Unicorn Hair fantasy hair color is finally here! Developed by our purple-haired CEO Doe Deere, this semi-permanent hair dye is designed to last longer & fade gracefully. Unicorn Hair is a vegetable dye formulated with only the purest, vegan ingredients that are gentle on the hair. Comes in Full Coverage and Tint formulas. Vegan & Cruelty-Free.

Introducing: Unicorn Hair, hyper-performance hair color from Lime Crime that leaves hair feeling silky-smooth and smelling like a meadow!

Lime Crime Unicorn Hair is a 100% cruelty-free and vegan hair dye.

What it does: Turns you into a real-life unicorn! Conditions hair while depositing clean, vibrant color that lasts longer, fades gradually & gracefully.

What it won't do: Damage your hair. Turn into a dull shade unworthy of a unicorn!

• How does this compare to like, Manic Panic? Staying power? True t...1 Answers
  • Coffee!!4 Answers
  • Does the dye bleed out a lot during washes?1 Answers
Virmelys BM-166401 B.
Virmelys BM-166401 B.
8400 NW 25th Street, Suite 100, DORAL,FL
Me encantaría probar este producto ! Quisiera decolorar mi cabello y esto se ve muy bien !
Ash W.
Ash W.
Ft Wainwright, AK
I haven't tried this but I'd love to! I am obsessed with Lime Crime! My favorite beauty brand ever! My Lime Crime Velvatines are amazing
Cecilia F.
Cecilia F.
West Palm Bch, FL
Jajaja que risa estos colores pero se ven súper vibrantes y podrían hacer un cambio de look
Diana C.
Diana C.
This is the bomb if you guys want to see the results go follow me on instagram @niaismine & shipping was pretty fast & the scent it leaves after you wash the dye out , just amazing!
cindy M.
cindy M.
Los Angeles, CA
OMG i really love this color i would loooooovvve!!!!!! To try this it would look so cute !! Has anyone tried??????
Juliette B.
Juliette B.
Regina
Review for: Gargoyle, Salad, Dirty Mermaid, Anime, Blue Smoke, Leeloo
Unicorn Hair as a whole - All colours were beautiful and fairly consistent with swatches.  Base colour does matter a lot as many of these colours are very pastel or very light(remember some are tints and some are full coverage).  The whiter your hair, like with most dyes, the more accurate it will be to the swatches.  I also would recommend leaving the colour on as long as possible and heat treating like I would with most dyes (though not all, some do not like heat).  They smelled great, were easy to work with and did not stain anything around me..and I work at a white table!! I did not find it overly conditioning but it is a dye and it was not as torturous on hair as other colours I have used. The colours also are very good for not bleeding and rinsing clear as long as they are sealed and washed with cold water. The size of container you get for the price is fantastic as well, considering that it works fantastically and a little goes a long way.  The adorable packaging is a bonus I actually appreciate because I am know to have many partially full containers of colour laying around at any given time.
Now onto specific colours!!

Leeloo - The colour that got me to try Unicorn Hair initially! I mean how could you not want to be Leeloo!? Very beautiful colour, though albeit a bit more red than I had expected.  If you want hair accurate to Leeloo's I would recommend adding a bit of an orange or yellow, and of course for a bonus some hot yellow/orange roots.  Very happy with the lifespan of the colour and the fade was a nice peachy tone.  Mixes well with other oranges and yellows as well.

Salad - I love this colour!! I am too red for it myself but have now used it on two different people (one bottle for two people and I still have some left!!).  The initial colour is a beautiful pastel green but still very vivid consider it is in fact a pastel.  The fade was wonderful, lasted much longer than I would have expected from a pastel and eventually becomes a nice minty green.  Even when applied to a redhead (albeit bleached out) it still took well!! Very impressed

Gargoyle - I have actually gotten to try both bases of Gargoyle and love them both.  Many people have said it has given their hair strange tinges like green or blue but the thing about greys and very light tones is that your hair can not have any brass, you must get it as white as possibly or the undertones WILL mess with the base colours of the dye.  I've also used gargoyle on a number of people, this time including myself and was very happy with the results.  There is a slight tone of blue or purple depending of the base but it is an impressively true grey which I have had much trouble finding. Fade out is fantastic, the grey is very long lasting and will eventually fade into a very nice silver tone.  Would use again for sure.

Dirty Mermaid - Awesome colour, much like a muted teal.  Goes amazing with Gargoyle!  I found this colour to be not quite as vivid as I had hoped but it is quite true to it's swatch and I'm just a fan of vidvid blues and teals.  Fade out is good, barely changes as it fades as it is already a muted greyish tone and the lifespan is quite impressive.

Blue Smoke - Absolutely one of my favourite colours of the bunch!! Stunning somehow both deep and muted sapphire and quite true to it's swatch.  The only issue with this colour I would say is that it fades fairly quickly.  The fade colour is nice as they all seem to be, a blueish grey but because the colour itself is so amazing I would wish for a longer lifespan.  I'd recommend mixing in a small bit of a very vivid longer lasting blue to get a slightly longer lifespan, like Anime.  This colour I am hoping will eventually come with a new formula because it is perfect by itself.

Anime - Last but not least, this colour is so amazing.  Vivid blue are my favourite and this does not disappoint! Very strong colour, not pastel at all. Definitely long lasting and is very complimentary with all the other blues in the line.  Truly straight out an anime this colour pops and is very long lasting, have yet to hit the fade after several weeks but I'm expecting a nice lighter but still vivid blue as it goes.  Will report on the fade when it happens.

For the fact that this is Lime Crime's first venture into hair colour I am highly impressed and would definitely be happy to try many more colours..and I'm sure I will.  I can't wait to see what else they come out with as well as how they may improve their formulas.  Plus it's vegan and cruelty free! How could you lose!?

Photos are as follows -
Combination of Gargoyle and Dirty Mermaid
Salad
Leeloo

BARBARA S.
BARBARA S.
I have only tried one colour so I would like to note that the only colour I have tried is Blue Smoke.  I have bleached ombre hair that I colour from about 3 inches from my scalp.  I generally colour my hair green with manic panic or a mixture of ammonia free green colours.  My hair was VERY faded, almost blonde with a tinge of green.  I figured that it would dye over the green and maybe turn out a teal colour leaning more towards blue.  It really just tinted my hair blue, it was not dark or full coverage.  I found it to be fairly patchy.  It dried out my hair a lot more than other colours have.  And it did not last AT ALL.  I would say it instantly faded almost all the way back to green after the first wash and after the second wash it was literally all gone.  ALSO the smell was awful... especially the next day after I'd dyed it.  I seriously could not stand smelling that for the next few days until I washed it for the first time.  I have since dyed my hair blue again, a similar colour (as far as pictured hair swatches go).  It fully covered over my very light green and as I thought had a hint of green colour peaking through.  I wanted to make sure that my hair would actually take blue dye before making this review.  But honestly I'm super bummed.  It's very costly.. especially being Canadian and having to pay the extra exchange rate.  I purchased 3 jars of it and am probably just going to throw the rest out. [I'd like to mention that I also purchased the Venus eyeshadow pallet and I LOVE it.. I'm not hating on this brand, just this specific product.]
Samuel D.
Samuel D.
I ordered Gargoyle and I have honestly never been more disappointed with a hair dye.
I've been dying my hair silver and grey for 2 years now, and I've been dying my hair since I was 14.
I'm not new to this, and I followed the instructions to a T as per usual.
My hair had been bleached to as close to pure white as you can get without toners, and has been very well taken care of.
I had high hopes for gargoyle, I've always wanted to try a much darker grey, but what I got was a patchy, uneven coverage, that turned my hair a mossy GREEN.
Absolutely disgusted with this, green is so hard to wash out, and I don't know how I'll manage to get back to silver after this.
Do yourself a favour and avoid this product, unless you're seeking mouldy looking hair, this isn't something worth $25, I wouldn't even accept this for free (and it was offered, I declined, asking for a refund instead, I'd advise you do the same).
Laura J.
Laura J.
So I ordered the Neon Peach hair dye before founding out about all the controversy surrounding this brand so that's already one reason for not repurchasing this. The second reason being that it dried out my hair. I've been using semi-permanent hair dyes for a few years now so I know that after rinsing it out my hair should feel soft, especially when you mix in some conditioner as well. I literally used half a bottle of conditioner (the one I always use) because that colour is just way too bright, left it in for about 40 minutes and while I was rinsing it out, it felt so incredibly dry. I have incredibly strong hair, it's not damaged at all but you can even tell by looking at pictures that it's dry now. That being said, the colour is really cute.
Charlotte P.
Charlotte P.
Review for: Bunny
I was incredibly excited about this product due to its reputation and my existing love for the brand. I used it on previously coloured hair that had been pastel pink but had faded to a white/peach colour. I was hoping to go pink again. The colour was beautiful and the formula was very moisturising and not damaging at all. As someone with very dry hair I do worry about colouring it and try to take care of it as well as possible. It didn't transform my hair condition but it definitely didn't damage it further which is good. Overall it was my was my favourite pink dye and the closest I ever got to the pastel colour I wanted (pink dyes have a tendency to go peach/orange when you try and go pastel) but as with every other pink I tried, it did fade quickly. Sadly, pink is very hard to maintain.
Astrid D.
Astrid D.
Brownsville , TX
Lime crime or manic panic?
Heaven B.
Heaven B.
How long does this semi dye last?Is it pigmented or now?Do you like pervan better or this?
Samantha L.
Samantha L.
Toronto , ON
Lime Crime Unicorn Hair Dye has any used this product? How does the colour look? Is it worth to buy? 🦄
Victoria F.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
How damaging is this on hair?
TrisTa B.