BY LIME CRIME

3 years in the making, Unicorn Hair fantasy hair color is finally here! Developed by our purple-haired CEO Doe Deere, this semi-permanent hair dye is designed to last longer & fade gracefully. Unicorn Hair is a vegetable dye formulated with only the purest, vegan ingredients that are gentle on the hair. Comes in Full Coverage and Tint formulas. Vegan & Cruelty-Free.

Introducing: Unicorn Hair, hyper-performance hair color from Lime Crime that leaves hair feeling silky-smooth and smelling like a meadow!

Lime Crime Unicorn Hair is a 100% cruelty-free and vegan hair dye.

What it does: Turns you into a real-life unicorn! Conditions hair while depositing clean, vibrant color that lasts longer, fades gradually & gracefully.

What it won't do: Damage your hair. Turn into a dull shade unworthy of a unicorn!

• How does this compare to like, Manic Panic? Staying power? True t...1 Answers
  • Coffee!!4 Answers
  • Does the dye bleed out a lot during washes?1 Answers
Daniela V.
Daniela V.
I bought this, and was super impressed with the color! I left it in for an hr and the color was super grey, and it stayed in. Once I washed it out the color was still as strong and I was surprised since there was not any bleach. There was no Chemical smell there was only a light fresh floral scent that I really enjoyed. I would definitely recommend again but your hair does need to be very very blonde it will not work for dark hair.
Shelbi S.
Shelbi S.
Springfield, OH
I was really hoping I'd love this dye, I even purchased it the day it became available. I ordered 2 jars in the color 'Sext.' I left it on my platinum hair for over 2 hours and once I rinsed it turned a brassy orangish brown. After the first wash it faded to a murky green tint. I was highly disappointed. That being said, Lime Crimes customer service is fantastic and they issued me a full refund. I honestly wouldn't bother even trying this dye if you haven't already.
Andrea S.
Andrea S.
Staten Island, NY
Review for: Pony
I got the shade Pony and I really really like it. First of all this is the best smelling hair dye I ever smelled. It smells like roses and honey. I think $16 is extremely fair for the price bc you literally get double the size of one dye which can be $12-$14. Sooo do the math. Also, I only needed about 1 1/2 jars and we were being liberal with the amount I was using. So this is really beneficial for me who needs to buy about 3-4 things of dye. This also fades really nice, I just hate that it fades pink.
Suleidy V.
Suleidy V.

Permítanme preámbulo esto diciendo que he intentado 18 diferentes marcas de semi-permanentes colores locos. Este tinte está ahora en mi top 5. He usado chocolate cherry. No resultó tan oscuro como la muestra, pero sigue siendo una frambuesa muy profunda. Tiene una gran cobertura. Mi pelo estaba desparpillado rosa pastel pastel con raíces blanqueadas nivel 9. Salió como una sombra sólida después de lavar. La aplicación era fácil y no demasiado desordenada. El sangrado está por debajo del promedio. Se volvió mis fingetrips un poco de color rosa después de jugar con mi pelo por un tiempo antes del primer lavado.
Mi consejo es lavar el cabello con champú clarificador para lavar las siliconas antes de aplicar el tinte al cabello seco. Los colores más oscuros no requieren el blanqueo fresco, pero no lo probaría en el pelo que nunca se ha blanqueado o coloreado. El daño ayuda a que se pegue.
Kristi S.
Kristi S.
LANCASTER, CA
I used Unicorn Hair Dye in the pink based purple called PONY. This hair dye is seriously no joke. It gives AMAZING color pay off and it looks exactly like the swatches on their instagram. I bought 2 jars of dye and I want to try ALL the rest of their colors for sure. I would definitively recommend this product.
Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.
California City, CA
I bought Gargolye and Dirty Mermaid. I have almost white bleached hair and applied DM to roots and Gargoyle to the rest. NOTHING stuck. The Gargoyle turned a weird bluish green, DM didn't stick at all. Its patchy all over. I left it on way over an hour like I always do for colored dyes. Literally the only thing this has going for it is that it smells nice. I'll be sticking with Ion Brillance.
Savannah B.
Savannah B.
Covington , KY
If you bleach your hair to almost a white and use this for about a hour or hour and half you'll really have your perfect unicorn hair! Also you can't beat that it's made with amazing products so it won't leave your hair in horrible condition. You definitely have to use dry shampoo like every other day but it's totally worth it if you want to be a real life unicorn.
Anna M.
Anna M.
I picked up the shade Dirty Mermaid, and I am totally loving it. It is the perfect shady of dusty teal. I did have to do two applications to achieve full saturation, but I think that was more due to user error on the first go than anything. The only thing that was kind of meh about it is that you have to leave it in for over an hour to get full coverage. But honestly it's well worth it. The color is gorgeous and so far (5 washes in) it is holding up really nicely! Would definitely recommend
Lauren C.
Lauren C.
This easy to use dye is EVERYTHING girl! For hot spring night concerts to matching the Easter parties my gorgeous pink hair has brightened up my life. I've tried so many pastel dyes and really can say this one is a top fav from now on. You get so much for such an affordable price, the packaging is so adorable, and it's so easy to use!
Sydney C.
Sydney C.
I love this hair dye. It came out exactly how I wanted it too. Doesn't bleed every time I wash it. Is chemical free. & for semi permeant it's staying in longer than I imagined. I've already washed it three times and see very little fade. I love unicorn hair dye 💕 Thank you lime crime! I'll definitely be a returning buyer.
Astrid D.
Astrid D.
Brownsville , TX
Lime crime or manic panic?
Heaven B.
Heaven B.
How long does this semi dye last?Is it pigmented or now?Do you like pervan better or this?
Samantha L.
Samantha L.
Toronto , ON
Lime Crime Unicorn Hair Dye has any used this product? How does the colour look? Is it worth to buy? 🦄
Victoria F.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
How damaging is this on hair?
TrisTa B.