BY LIME CRIME

3 years in the making, Unicorn Hair fantasy hair color is finally here! Developed by our purple-haired CEO Doe Deere, this semi-permanent hair dye is designed to last longer & fade gracefully. Unicorn Hair is a vegetable dye formulated with only the purest, vegan ingredients that are gentle on the hair. Comes in Full Coverage and Tint formulas. Vegan & Cruelty-Free.

Introducing: Unicorn Hair, hyper-performance hair color from Lime Crime that leaves hair feeling silky-smooth and smelling like a meadow!

Lime Crime Unicorn Hair is a 100% cruelty-free and vegan hair dye.

What it does: Turns you into a real-life unicorn! Conditions hair while depositing clean, vibrant color that lasts longer, fades gradually & gracefully.

What it won't do: Damage your hair. Turn into a dull shade unworthy of a unicorn!

• How does this compare to like, Manic Panic? Staying power? True t...1 Answers
  • Coffee!!4 Answers
  • Does the dye bleed out a lot during washes?1 Answers
Gretchen N.
Gretchen N.
Kingston
We are not new to dying hair in our house with four teenagers. It has become an incredibly fun time with our kids.   However, our recent experience with Lime Crime Unicorn Hair Dye has been the absolute worst.  My true feelings are there is NO TIME FOR LIME CRIME.  What a joke!   I want other unsuspecting folks to be ware of this incredibly faulty product.   We carefully bleached my daughter's hair and lifted it four levels over two processes and with a one day break in between bleach processes.  The evening we put on the Lime Crime Unicorn Sext dye we followed directions to the letter and let the dye remain on the hair for the recommended 2 hours.  When she finally rinsed her hair the entire top layer was champagne colored at best and the remainder a ruddy strawberry not the dusty pink as shown in the photos.   So I contact Lime Crime for advice and receive the the following response "use a different color!   Like Strawberry jam or leeloo.  Oh, and no, we cannot overnight our product to you.  You will have to purchase it from a retailer that carries our brand."  WHAT IS THAT ABOUT???   So, we ordered more dye, had it overnighted and in the mean time my daughter washed her hair with color-safe shampoo.  GUESS WHAT?  A MAJORITY OF THE COLOR WASHED OUT OF HER HAIR.  We basically have to completely re-dye her hair.  We are sending back the two jars of SEXT I had overnighted from the retailer, going with Pravana because I know we will have successful complete coverage and strong color.   Prom is tonight - wish us luck!  I will never order from Lime Crime again nor should you.

Danielle M.
Danielle M.
Let me preface with how my hair is ombre bleached, and I've been dying my hair this color (though not using limecrime) for about 2.5y now. I might not be a professional hairstylist but I know the drill. Typically I use Pravana or Punky Colors (and have tried other brands) and the darker less bleached parts of my hair turn out a darker (but still distinct) purple and the bleached parts are a very vibrant magenta-y purple like what this dye looks like in the bottle.
However...every dye I've used from pharmacy grade to professional is a thicker paste. That's how dye is and how it really needs to be frankly. Limecrime dye is like a very liquidy soup, and doesn't stick to your hair at all even if you leave it in for an absurdly ridiculous 1-2 hours. It left my hair barely dyed: natural color on top and where it was most bleached the only pieces that had any vibrancy at all were parts where past dye hadn't totally come out yet.
I was hoping this dye would be good as it's a slightly larger bottle of the color I mix from 2 bottles of punky colors dye....less plastic in the world would be nice even if it's a little bit, and the pre-mixed color I wanted is appealing...but not if it doesn't work at all. I'm going to have to head to Ulta now and completely redye my hair. What a total waste.
I'm pretty sure all the "reviewers" you see on IG are being paid and are just mixing this with their own colors now because there's no way this gets any color on their hair. It's garbage.
Olivia Marie A.
Olivia Marie A.
Saint Leo
Review for: Gargoyle
PATCH TEST THIS FIRST! I BEG YOU!! Don't let what happened to me happen to you! This was a hugely expensive mistake that I won't ever make again.
It's advertised in all of the promotional photos to be a dark almost purple grey. My hair was already dark roots with silver at the time of dying it, so there wasn't any blond/brassy color to affect the outcome. As directed, I left it in for two hours on clean hair that had been previously bleached (albeit months ago, no recent bleaching - but it was already light). I literally used grey on top of silver & somehow got dark GREEN. Not only is it nothing like it's advertised as a final product, but it didn't evenly turn my hair green - it's only green in random patches, in other places it's dark blue. If this had been advertised as some kind of dark mermaid color, then I would be happy with this result. I am so, so upset - & now I have to go spend hundreds of dollars getting this gross color out of my hair. So disappointed with this hair dye - wish I would have patch tested instead of blindly trusting Limecrime's promotional photography. I have since looked up this issue & it isn't just me - LOTS of people have reported their hair turning green! I wish I had thought to look it up before using it! Also during the rinse process, it ruined the manicure I had just spent 60$ on - it turned my pink/white this nasty grey blue & now I have to go get those done again as well. I've dyed my hair myself for many years & never had my manicure ruined by a dye during the rinse process. In total this $16 bottle of dye is going to cost me $200 more dollars to recover from. I'll be staying away from the Limecrime hair line.
Drenda D.
Drenda D.
Bakersfield , CA
This product is absolutely fantastic. I find it quite affordable especially since they give you a jar full of hair dye. I used the colors sext and chocolate cherry and made it an ombré and it was absolutely beautiful. My hair is naturally blonde so since my hair is light, the product absorbed amazingly into my hair. I did have to put it in for two hours like instructed on the box for best results. This product is vegan and has no bleach or harsh chemicals. It's semi permanent but if you care for your hair the right way such as using sulfate free shampoo, it lasts longer than 3 weeks.
Lauren V.
Lauren V.
Little York
Let me preface this by saying I have tried 18 different brands of semi-permanent crazy colors. This dye is now in my top 5. I used chocolate cherry. It did not turn out as dark as the swatch, but it's still a very deep raspberry. It has great coverage. My hair was patchy faded pastel pink with level 9 bleached roots. It came out as one solid shade after washing out. The application was easy and not too messy. Bleeding is below average. It did turn my fingetrips a little pink after playing with my hair for a while before the first wash.
My tip is to wash hair with clarifying shampoo to wash away silicones before applying the dye to dry hair. The darker colors don't require fresh bleaching, but I wouldn't try it on hair that has never been bleached or colored. The damage helps it stick.
Tori T.
Tori T.
Bowling Green, KY
This is the most vibrant color of hair dye I've ever used. There is no chemical smell and for $16 you get a lot of product. You can't beat that it's vegan and cruelty free either! After applying, I let it sit for 1 hour on bleached (but already had faded green) and when I washed it out, there was super minimal bleeding and my hair is the prettiest shade of green you've ever seen! I used Jello and will continue to use this product in the future! Lime Crime Unicorn Hair Dye
Eli B.
Eli B.
Charleston, WV
Review for: Bunny
DO NOT BUY THE SHADE BUNNY. I was wanting a pastel pink and I started out with already very bleached hair and left the color on for 2 HOURS, and this was the result after I washed the dye out. It did not stick to the ends of my hair AT ALL. I am pretty familiar with hair dye and I know I did it perfectly, but the dye did not work at all. I don't know about the more pigmented colors but I would definitely pass on any of the tints, and from this experience I have no interest in trying the other colors. Would never repurchase this since it doesn't actually stay in your hair. It makes me sad because I do enjoy other Lime Crime products and I believe those things are great quality but this is a hard pass from me.
Amanda S.
Amanda S.
S Hackensack, NJ
Review for: Pony
I was worried about trying this based off the reviews I saw on here but it's been two weeks now and I'm still super happy with my color and pay off . I had purple hair prior and bleached my roots and tried to wash as much of the previous color out as I could but there was still a good bit left over . I put this dye on left it on for two Hours and washed it off . If came put a strong vibrant purple which was great . But since then it's turned an even better purple pink color which I love . Some tips I have for keeping this color and any semi permanent color Is always wash your hair wish cold water and try to not wash your hair as often as you can .
Nicole H.
Nicole H.
Las Vegas
I used the shade Neon Peach. I applied it to clean, completely dry hair and kept it on for a full 2 hours. Immediately after dying, I was so happy with the color; it was vibrant and exactly what I was going for. A week later, I shampooed my hair for the first time (with a color safe, sulfate free shampoo and cold water) and the color COMPLETELY washed out.
Taylor D.
Taylor D.
Santa Clarita
The shade gargoyle, described as a stone grey, turned my hair green. It also did not stick in some places, even after I reapplied it twice. My hair was pre bleached to a white blonde before application. Both times I applied the dye on clean, unconditioned hair, as directed. I am very disappointed. 25 bucks down the drain. Ladies, take my advice, forget this wonky formula. Save yourself from patchy, green hair.
Astrid D.
Astrid D.
Brownsville , TX
Lime crime or manic panic?
Heaven B.
Heaven B.
How long does this semi dye last?Is it pigmented or now?Do you like pervan better or this?
Samantha L.
Samantha L.
Toronto , ON
Lime Crime Unicorn Hair Dye has any used this product? How does the colour look? Is it worth to buy? 🦄
Victoria F.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
How damaging is this on hair?
TrisTa B.