BY LIME CRIME #82 in Lipstick

Long lasting matte liquid lipstick.
Lime Crime products are PETA verified vegan and Leaping Bunny certified cruelty free. Our products do not contain any animal-derived ingredients. As part of the Leaping Bunny pledge, our suppliers also certify that no animal testing is ever performed at any point in our supply chain.
Ingredients (vary by color): Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Kaolin, Dimethicone, Synthetic Beeswax, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Talc, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Flavor. May Contain [+/-]: Red 28 Lake CI 45410, Iron Oxides CI 77499, Red 30 CI 73360, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891.

• Lime Crime Matte Velvetines Liquid Lipstick how do y'all like th...3 Answers
  • Favorite Liquid Lipstick Brand? Mine is Lime Crime Matte Velvetin...6 Answers
  • I LOVE matte finish lip colors, but I haven't found one that trul...1 Answers
Anna M.
LONG BEACH, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Beet It (deep berry pink)
I got the shade “Beet It” which is a berry red color. At the time I bought it, proceeds of the sale went to hurricane victims which was an amazing cause. This was my first time trying the brand as I’ve heard mixed reviews about it, but I didn’t want to judge without trying it myself. They also had an amazing Black Friday sale with free shipping on all items (no minimum) and up to 85% off I believe so it was the perfect opportunity for a newbie to try a product. This matte lipstick was much better than I expected—it lasts a long time and applies easily. It’s also not hard to take off and isn’t as drying as other matte lipsticks I’ve tried. The packaging was super cute too.
Cíara N.
Washington, DC
Review for: Other
I bought this product as a part of Lime Crime's black Friday sale; I got this and two other lip products for $15, which I thought was a steal. I was a little concerned about the color Dreamgirl, at first; I love vampy lipsticks, but some of the photos in the online reviews looked almost black, which does not fit in with my color scheme/aesthetic. I was pleasantly surprised, however. It has a lovely smell, applies evenly, does not bleed, and matches my pale skin/cool undertones well. I like to wear it with the Cheap Thrills Diamond Crusher for a sparkly holiday look. It lasts for awhile, too; it's been 18 hours since I last applied it, and I still have some pigmentation on my lips-- enough to get a compliment from a stranger who wrote down the brand and color so she could buy it. Overall, very happy!
Stephanie N.
Independence, MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Saint (cranberry red)
I got this during a sale in a 3 pack. I usually use colourpop because it’s so cheap but I wanted to try limecrime and the price was about the same at the time. I have to say first off, it smells so good! Not like “I want to lick it off” good but just nice and pleasant and not like chemicals. It goes on really smoothly.. I couldn’t feel it on my lips at all! The shade really worked for me and it lasted all day. I definitely would recommend if you have money to spend. It’s pretty pricey unless they’re having a sale.
Diana A.
Chandler , AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Teddy Bear (lilac brown)
Lime Crime Matte Velvetines Liquid Lipstick in the color Teddy Bear is the first lip product that I have used from Lime Crime. Everyone was talking about it and I decided to try it. It was on sale on Black Friday, 50%off on their website, so why not. It comes with a sponge tip applicator that makes it so easy to glide on the lips. It has a very pleasant light smell, a little sweet. It takes a little till it dries, but once it is dried, it stays on and even if you touch your lips, you barely see color coming off. The color is perfect for the fall and especially for fair skin. I would get that again, both the color and the formula.
Stacey A.
Gassville, AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Salem (true brown), Beet It (deep berry pink), Cindy (terracotta brown), Other
My Holy Grail liquid lipstick! I can't say enough amazing things they stay on all day, pigmented, amazing range of colors, my lips feel like velvety rose petals while they are on. My husband loves kissing me when I'm wearing these because he likes how they make my lips feel, they smell like cake batter but it's not overwhelming, easy to apply the best way to explain the consistency is almost gel like, not quit liquidous but not mousse like either. One dip can apply more than enough so the bottle lasts for forever. Can't wait to get more of these.
Madison M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Elle (apricot nude), Lulu (peachy beige), Saddle, Faded (light mauve), Other
I love these. I LOVE THEM. It's my favorite liquid lipstick formula. They're comfortable to wear, not drying, transfer-proof, they last ages, and when they finally do fade it's incredibly gracefully and the consistency is so thin that you can layer them to reapply. There's also a wide range of colors available; from nudes to reds to more unusual colors, like a bright neon green. Out of all the colors of these that I own, the formula is consistent. I just adore them. These are an absolute gem.
Carrliitaahh M.
Medford, OR
Review for: Cashmere, (01) Cashmere, Jinx, Beet It, Other
I remember when liquid lipstick were starting to become popular. Kat Von D, as a major brand, was one of (if not) the founding father of this trend and Lime Crime being the forerunner for independent brands. I must say velvetines have continued to remain a force to reckon with. I love the smooth application as well as the staying power and pigment quality of the product. I ordered many of times from Lime Crime and have had no issues. Shipping was always timely as well as the packaging of my items being good. I have a few of velvetines, some of my faves include Teddy Bear, Cashmere, Riot, Salem, Polly, Peacock, Beet It, Jinx, Faded, Utopia & Fetish just to name a few. I will continue to buy velvetines as I see them as a good investment in my makeup bag. 100% recommended!!
Kasey L.
Piscataway , NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
The pigmentation, variety of shades, and wear time of these liquid lipsticks are all great, but it just never feels like they fully dry down when I wear them. They appear matte after a short period of time, but even after an hour it’ll still feel tacky on my lips and will still transfer. If the formula did a better job of drying down I might enjoy it more. Also wish there was better value—these are pretty pricey if you consider the price per ounce of product you get.
Michelle K.
Columbus, OH
Review for: Lime Crime Mini Velvetines Three-Piece Set-PINK ROSE-30 ml
I'm always on the hunt for my perfect liquid lipstick formula. I had heard so much about these, both good and bad, but when they were on clearance at my local Nordstrom Rack I figured I would try them out. The formula is very thick and creamy, enough that I don't need to put on multiple coats for the Elle (nude) and Lola (pink) colors in this set. The Pink Champagne (sparkly light pink) is a unique color with a whole lot of sparkle- but the base color is very sheer and patchy. I was honestly impressed at the staying power of all of these (especially the glitter- it doesn't budge!) They are comfortable but till noticeable, and they do feel a little waxy and pile up on the inside corners of my lips. The colors are beautiful and given the range available I see why they're popular, especially the glitter and metallic shades. If you need a unique color I say go for it, but for your basic shades there's probably a comperable alternative.
Katlynne H.
Fresno
Review for: Other
Hands down the best liquid lips I have gotten my hands on. I need to own every single color. I’m always skeptical about ordering from online brands...especially one that’s higher end. These liquid lips go on so well and are not drying at all! The Lime Crime website constantly has sales, so you never have to pay full price! You can now even order them through Ulta!
Krista M.
Hanford, CA
I just bought Red Velvet because I've seen Lime Crime pop up here and there and figured I'd give it a try, and was wandering how good the product is before I gave it a try?
Scarlet O.
Los Angeles, CA
I have one of these and I love it! It stays on great so my question is... what's the best thing to use to actually take it off!!?
Jessica H.
Which one is your favorite shade?
Valerie T.
I've been a little bit skeptical about purchasing this just because I heard about a fraud that they had before on the website is it true?
Annamaria C.
Ive heard so much about Lime Crime does it really last?and is it drying on the lips?