BY LIME CRIME #58 in Lipstick

Long lasting matte liquid lipstick.
Lime Crime products are PETA verified vegan and Leaping Bunny certified cruelty free. Our products do not contain any animal-derived ingredients. As part of the Leaping Bunny pledge, our suppliers also certify that no animal testing is ever performed at any point in our supply chain.
Ingredients (vary by color): Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Kaolin, Dimethicone, Synthetic Beeswax, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Talc, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Flavor. May Contain [+/-]: Red 28 Lake CI 45410, Iron Oxides CI 77499, Red 30 CI 73360, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891.

• Lime Crime Matte Velvetines Lipstick how do y'all like these ? D...3 Answers
  • Favorite Liquid Lipstick Brand? Mine is Lime Crime Matte Velvetin...6 Answers
  • I LOVE matte finish lip colors, but I haven't found one that trul...1 Answers
Buy on Cult Be...*
Rajni D.
Rajni D.
I have been trying to get my hands on their Wicked color for months now! The few places in NYC that sell the brand are always sold out of it so I finally ordered mine on Amazon. Can I just tell you, the color was well worth it!

I have brown skin with yellow undertone and lips that frequently darken out of dehydration, so it's hard for me to get that vampy red with a single product. But Wicked did it for me! This color is stunning!!

The product goes on liquid, feels creamy while it dries and then bam- sealed. Gorgeous red lips achieved! 10 out of 5 for color.

The bad? It doesn't stay on (boooooo). The lipstick is quick to disappear as you eat or drink something, collecting to the edge of your lips and, in effect, looking like a dramatic lip liner. It also feathers out a lot---despite my having used liner---which can look unattractive/unkempt. Hey man, a serious vamp red is nothing to play around with-- it's gotta stay in place!

Buy it for color, not longevity.
Shazi L.
Shazi L.
Brooklyn, NY
This is my go-to brand for liquid lipsticks. I do eventually want to try other high end brands, but right now, Limecrime has my heart! I love their formula and their range of colors. I personally find it awesome that the shades adjust differently on different skin tones, although that can make it hard to guess from the swatches on the website if a shade will really fit you. I'd definitely recommend researching swatches for people with your skin tone, or borrowing from a friend before purchasing, considering these are pretty pricey. Normally, you wouldn't find me paying $20 for one thing, but I love these lipsticks and am simply addicted! They don't budge, they don't dry out my lips, you don't need much product to spread over your lips (and trust me, I have thick lips), and they smell amazing! I can't wait to add to my collection.
Jessica C.
Jessica C.
Indianapolis , IN
I heard about Lime Crime a few months back through a friend and she was super excited to try out her velvetine. I researched the company because I never heard of them and saw that the brand is super controversial. I gave it time to see if I wanted to try the products out and caved!

I bought Riot, Cashmere, and another. The name is escaping me. Lol I absolutely love these liquid lipsticks! The packaging is what drew me in at first, it is beautiful. I did find that the formula took a while to dry and was a little tacky at first, but not a big deal. I gave this 4 stars due to the tackiness of the product... but it could have been from the lip balm I had underneath? Somehow? Just giving the benefit of the doubt. Haha

I would definitely recommend these lipsticks to anyone wanting a product that stays on throughout the day!
Vanna L.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Review for: Wicked
I have so many mixed feelings about this product! I do love it and use it regularly; the color is a gorgeous vampy red and it lasts such a long time. However, it requires a LOT of touch up. When I wear this, I exfoliate my lips, moisturize, prime, line, and THEN apply. It's quite a bit of work to get it looking right, but since it's such a pretty color, I do it anyway. I don't have trouble with it bleeding like some girls do, but the formula is a bit thick so it takes a graceful hand to apply well. It's also incredibly drying, dear god. So moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Before applying and after removing it. This was my first LC Velvetine purchase, and when I went to message Doe Deere (Lime Crime's CEO) with questions, she basically said "It doesn't work for everyone". So I guess that's something to keep in mind.
Kaitlin B.
Kaitlin B.
Washington, IL
Despite the controversy over Lime Crime, there's no denying that this lipstick is satisfactory. I purchased it a few months ago in "Wicked" along with the Venus palette. When it arrived, I was automatically in love with it's packaging, as it is absolutely stunning. However, I was concerned about the size, as the container is quite small. It goes on as a true liquid, so you have to be careful with it. However, a little goes a long way, and it dries fast. It isn't very drying on my lips, and the color is stunning. It stays on with minimal wear all day, which is also a positive. I will certainly be purchasing this product again within the future.
Sandy S.
Sandy S.
I LOVE my Lime Crime Velvetine!! I have it in "Wicked" which is a very dark red. This is a liquid that goes on similar to a gloss, and dries to a matte finish. Yes, it's drying - it's MATTE however, I don't feel like the drying is noticeable at all for me. I don't even feel like I'm wearing anything on my lips. Since this is so dark, one coat MAYBE two is definitely sufficient for me. I didn't line my lips at all since I don't have a color close to this, and I still managed to get a good shape and I do NOT have a lot of makeup experience at all. You can use concealer around your lip line to help correct and lock it in, and that's what I did.
September R.
September R.
San Jose, CA
My coworkers were wearing this lipstick. I noticed that a couple of the girls were chatting about some new product, and asked what it was. They showed me, and told me it had a matte finish and stayed all day. I was doubtful, but after using it for a couple of weeks, This stuff is the bomb!! You put it on once and it dries to a silky, matte finish (all the rage right now, right?) and it lasts through food and drink! It is great stuff!!! I wear it every day. It has great color, no yucky smell, and it's not priced too badly. I really love this product! I wish I could buy it locally, but currently am only able to find it on Amazon.
Cindy B.
Cindy B.
Tulare , CA
I usually stray away from liquid lipsticks because they're drying and very uncomfortable for the most part but these are surprisingly comfortable. I love this product! I have the color cement that I got on sale off Dolls Kill and I want more of these. They're beautiful comfortable and wear nicely. I swear every time I wear this it feels like I have nothing on my lips and reapplication is easy it doesn't ball up and get all weird. They also have a wonderful range of colors so there's bound to be something for everyone. They also have a yummy vanilla scent! Overall a wonderful product that I will certainly repurchase.
Emily F.
Emily F.
Jericho, NY
these are easily my favorite liquid lipstick formula. i have at least ten shades (mostly nudes) from this formula and i'm obsessed. they're really fairly priced for what you get and the packaging is so cute. these feel so lightweight on your lips and don't wear off by flaking or crumbling, after a whole day of eating and drinking they just slowly fade from the inside of your lips to the outer in a flattering way. these don't emphasize my dry or cracked lips so i enjoy them in the colder weather as well!! i really recommend these, the formula is like no other. i'm wearing the nude "buffy" in the photo i attached!
Sam P.
Sam P.
Milwaukee, WI
The first to break into liquid-to-matte lipstick fame (and from the indie side to boot), Lime Crime's Velvetine Matte Liquid Lipsticks reign supreme as one of the best (and my hands-down favorite) liquid lip formulas on the market. They're more lightweight than the competition with a quirky shade range that still features a lot of accessible nudes. They really run the gamut from bold to nude: Bleached is my favorite MLBB shade but come on, Black Velvet is incomparable with any other black LL available. Seriously, there's no misses in this line. I'd recommend the Velvetines above any other lipstick. Period.
Krista M.
Krista M.
Hanford, CA
I just bought Red Velvet because I've seen Lime Crime pop up here and there and figured I'd give it a try, and was wandering how good the product is before I gave it a try?
Scarlet O.
Scarlet O.
Los Angeles, CA
I have one of these and I love it! It stays on great so my question is... what's the best thing to use to actually take it off!!?
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
Which one is your favorite shade?
Valerie T.
Valerie T.
I've been a little bit skeptical about purchasing this just because I heard about a fraud that they had before on the website is it true?
Annamaria C.
Annamaria C.
Ive heard so much about Lime Crime does it really last?and is it drying on the lips?