Lightlife Smart Ground Original

by LightLife

Lightlife™ Original Smart Ground®.
Life is a Journey...Live Long, Travel Light™.
Veggie protein crumbles.
11 grams of protein per serving.
Vegan.
Zero fat.
Made with non GMO soy.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Lightlife Smart Ground Original!
Lightlife Smart Ground Original uploaded by Lynn B.
Purchased at: Kroger
I don’t eat many fake meat products. My fiancé bought this for me to try. It looks like ground beef, but it has an odd texture. The texture is like clumps of fat in meat. I used it to make tacos. I think that the seasoning helped mask the flavor. It’s just ok and not great. I could live without it. I probably wouldn’t recommend it unless someone wanted something that looked like ground beef. It come packaged in plastic like my photo. It crumbles easily for use. It has zero fat and it has 70 calories for 1/3 c serving size.
London
LightLife’s Smart Ground is a great way to substitute meat in many meals, like in burritos and spaghetti with “meat” sauce. It’s super easy to use and absorbs flavor well. I’m Puerto Rican, so I use Adobo, “sofrito” and other spices when I make it. I also chop onions and sauté them a bit before adding the smart ground. I buy this regularly for my house and would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to try something different.
Vegetarian, Vegan, Organic
I love this stuff so much! It's priced comparably to a pound of ground meat and looks just like and mimics of the texture of ground beef. I'm not sure what it tastes like unseasoned so I can't comment on that. But it takes very well to seasoning so you can essentially make it taste like whatever you want it to! I will never buy ground meat again so long as I have access to this stuff.
Vegetarian, Low Carb
Union , NJ
i’ve been meat-free since the beginning of this year (2018) and let me tell youuuuuu... finding this “meatless meat” was a life saver! in my household we i guess consider ourselves pescatarian, but i can NOT eat fish all the time! so finding this was like heaven! i’ve made stuffed peppers, spaghetti , loaded nachos, lasagna, the list goes on! def a great replacement for ground meat!! (my son doesn’t even know the difference! 😝)
Ford City, PA
Purchased at: Walmart
Got this the other day and made vegetarian tacos with it! Cooked up great and the texture was awesome, you can't even tell it's not real. Also doesn't make me feel bogged down like I did when I used to eat meat!
Vegetarian, Vegan, Organic
The first time I had this it tasted amazing I love this brand and I love the way they make their food taste the price could be cheaper but I know it's expensive to make it especially because it's vegetarian
Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy Free
Merced, CA
My Other half is Vegan. So this is the go to. I love how It is so similar to real meat. It takes seasoning well. It is a great plant based substitute for beef. Tacos, spaghetti, rolled tacos, sloppy Joes, chili, you name it.
Vegetarian, Vegan, Organic
This is one of the best fake meat products available and has almost exactly the same consistency as ground beef and I've used them for  pasta and tacos and it came out great
Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy Free
Fort Wayne, IN
This product tastes great and cooks up very similarly to ground meat but without the cruelty, and it's much better for you! The price is not bad at all for a meat replacement product. A little pricier than the frozen versions, but that is for a reason. There are often coupons on Meijer's mperks app for these products. My carnivorous husband was happy with it!
Deerfield Bch, FL
Recently had to switch my diet to vegetarian. Unfortunately for my boyfriend that means he is too. I told him I made him his own chili with meat! He loved it and said he had missed meat..... Little did he know! 😂 will be buying again
Organic, Sugar Free, No Special Diet