Lightlife Organic Tempeh Soy uploaded by Jessica R.Lightlife Organic Tempeh Soy uploaded by Carrie S.

BY LIGHTLIFE #14 in Tofu, Tempeh & Seitan

Lightlife Organic Tempeh Soy.
From the sunny islands of Indonesia comes an ancient food that is as savory as it is versatile. Made from organically grown soybeans, tempeh (pronounced "tem-pay") is high in protein and a good source of calcium and iron. Tempeh is naturally a low sodium food. Each serving contains 19g soy protein. Enjoy!
USDA organic. see more...

• I've had so many friends recommend tempeh, and I was very...3 Answers
  • Where can I purchase these?5 Answers
Karen E.
Salisbury
Love! I slice it thin, fry it in a tiny bit of oil (canola because it's flavorless) and eat it like bacon. Even my husband, the world's pickiest vegan eater, loves it. It's great on a vegan BLT, but it's also excellent with a tofu scramble and piece of toast - it's definitely the best supporting actor in my favorite vegan breakfast.
Taylor M.
Kettering, OH
This is amazing. I cut these up into strips and fry them up on a pan- and then I use them with lettuce, spinach, and vegan mayo to make a vegan friendly BLT. I wish they came with a bit more per packaging but they are not exceedingly pricey either. The macros are really great and it is an easy way to get a ton of protein in!
Michelle S.
Prunedale
Just tried this tempeh for the first time the other night and it was pretty good. The texture is definitely not meat like it’s more oat like. I marinated it in teriyaki sauce for a couple hours and then cooked it with some fresh veggies and served it over coconut rice. All in all, it was good.
Brittany W.
Doraville, GA
This is a superb quality of Tempeh! I like that I can flavor it any way that I want. I can marinate it and make it taste like maple bacon for breakfast. I can also use savory spices and turn it into a fajita like "meat" that tastes great in tacos or over a bed of brown rice and veggies.
Ashley B.
Newport, RI
I could live off this tempeh! This brand is my preferred brand over any other. The texture and taste are perfect! It's delicious straight out of the package - or cooked! Sometimes I just snack it! Absolutely delicious! Would highly recommend!
Carrie S.
Placerville, CA
A delicious meat alternative this one is made with fermented soy beans and wild rice. It's organic. they taste great. I fried this up put some lemon on it and it tastes a lot like fish fingers to me a good source of protein. I put some lemon juice on it and salt. it was supposed to be for my lunch but I couldn't stop eating at this morning.
Brenda R.
Very good product. It is just the right consistency for adding to any Veggie meal. It is nutty and very tasty. I have used in soups and even tacos! It's so versitle and let's you put together a great meal in a flash. It also makes a good bacon Substitute if you broil it. Would recommend.
Jennifer Z.
I love fermented foods but tempeh is hard for me to like. I love that it's healthy and plant based but it was a bit harsh in flavor even though I cooked it in a sauce for a good while. Maybe I will try again and cook it in a stronger sauce.
Diana S.
Riverdale, GA
All their tempeh’s are really good. Love using these because the texture is so different, yet so delicious. These are my favorite when I make Reuben sandwiches or cube them up and pan fry with seasoning for a quick dinner.
Destine L.
Abita Springs, LA
A lot better tasting than I expected! I first tasted it at a convention in New Orleans, and now I'm hooked. This soy tastes GREAT - very flavorful, and doesn't have a texture that makes you feel weird.
Tiffany L.
Tampa, FL
Where can I purchase these?
Menaka S.
I've had so many friends recommend tempeh, and I was very excited to try it out. Yet, despite following a teriyaki tempeh recipe that smothered it in sauce, I was still unable to pallet it. Does anyone have any recipes that they love? Considering how healthy it is, I want to give it a second shot.