Lightlife Gimme Lean Veggie Protein Ground Sausage Style uploaded by Kat M.Lightlife Gimme Lean Veggie Protein Ground Sausage Style uploaded by Sally G.

BY LIGHTLIFE #9 in Vegetarian Meals

Lightlife Gimme Lean® Veggie Protein Ground Sausage Style.
7 grams of protein per serving. Zero Fat.
Naturally Cholesterol Free. see more...

• How good do these taste? Are they worth the price? Where do you f...2 Answers
  • Does anyone know what I can add to this to make it less bland? 1 Answers
Michelle G.
I have not eaten red meat in 12 years. Recently, my fiancé and I decided to start moving toward more vegetarian and vegan diets. We came across this sausage substitute in our health food aisle and picked it up. This has been one of the best meat substitutes I have had to date. I have been a vegetarian in the past for many years and I often dabbled in meat substitutes. At the time, there were fewer options and only a handful were good. This has now become a staple in our house. It tastes delicious and the texture is just right. The nutritional facts are unbelievable and I highly suggest reading them over. For the taste and value, it's surprising how healthy this product is. When it's on sale, it's only $2.99 and feeds us both for 3 dinners. I absolutely love this.
Sally G.
Fairview Hts, IL
Foodie Expert
I was able to purchase this for free with a coupon and I was really wanting to try a healthy baked egg roll, so I browned it like I would a hamburger meat, added my veggies, baked them in egg roll wrappers, and they were amazing! It doesn't have the spice that some sausages have, but it also didn't taste like fake sausage either!
Markela H.
Foodie Expert
I’ve been vegan for almost a year now & im not one of those people that really crave having meat in my life anymore. One of the reasons is because it’s hard to find “meat” that tastes or feels like real meat. This is no different, it has an OKAAAY flavor but it’s nothinv like the real thing, if that’s what you want I would not recommend this to you.
Justiney R.
Oxford, MS
okay when I used to eat meat I never did breakfast sausage but I am obsessed with this product! I've been having it with breakfast everyday. It's not super unhealthy and tastes so great. Even my meat eating friends like it. I would prefer if it came in pre-formed patties instead of in the tube but other than that great!
Elizabeth R.
Allegan, MI
Foodie Expert
So good. A lot of people complain about the texture difference between this and meat-based sausage but I honestly prefer the smoother texture of this. I hate the idea of eating animal flesh and chomping down on a gross ball of fat, but hey to each their own.

This stuff is amazing though and I highly recommend to anyone.
Amanda G.
St Petersburg, FL
Foodie Expert
This veggie sausage is great for making sausage gravy for bisquets and gravy! And the best part is that meat lovers can’t even tell! I make it all the time for my friends who aren’t vegetarian and they don’t even notice until it’s all gone and realize I’ve been eating something they thought had real meat in it.
Stephanie A.
Raleigh
We love this product in our household! I've used it both to make patties or to crumble and fry for soups or scrambles. Tastes great and is a good and healthier alternative to pork sausage. I think it has a nice, somewhat smoky flavor. Would be interested to learn some other recipes that it would work well with.
Emma B.
Foodie Expert
I really enjoyed this. It was a little different in the beginning compared to ground beef/sausage texture, but you get used to it. It tasted good. I used it to make a chili and it turned out great! I would definitely buy it again. It was a good vegan replacement for me.
Anna L.
Springfield, MO
Foodie Expert
As a vegan it is really exciting to find a product that closely resembles the foods that I use to eat. These Sausages are amazing. They are easy to make, quick, and really tasty. I recommend them to anyone interested in trying lean plant based sausages.
Eliza C.
Philadelphia
I love this stuff for omelettes and casseroles. It comes out of the tube in kind of a mush so I just dump however much I want into a pan and chop it up with a spatula while it cooks. It tastes better and is more chewy than the veggie crumbles that come frozen.
Nur A.
Foodie Expert
How good do these taste? Are they worth the price? Where do you find them?
Yoshino J.
Long Beach, CA
Does anyone know what I can add to this to make it less bland?