BY LIGHT MY FIRE #43 in uncategorized

Light my fire swedish firesteel - army model see more...

Joshua L.
Lansing, MI
I have purchased a couple of these over the years. Light my fire is a good brand because their products work. I've been able to light many fires with this after shaving some bark into a pile. It only takes a simple strike with the steel against the flint and you have a fire. However the cord is short that connects the steel to the flint. You would normally want to hold the steel steady and pull the flint towards you to make a bigger spark shower. That is not easy to do with the length of cord they provide. However you can replace the cord and do that still. I do however love the light weight and compactness to the tool. It's so light weight that I almost forget it in my wallet, pack, and even first aid kit. Like I mentioned, this is perfect for disaster preparedness. If a disaster happens, you would have a great tool for starting fires. I have also tried using this in the winter with shaky hands. It did take longer and was harder to do, but I was able to light it and warm my fingers. I highly recommend you buy more than one of these, through out the months. So if it does run out for what ever reason, you will have a spare or two.
Sarah V.
Union City, NJ
I ordered one of these online once I planned on doing some longer overnight hiking and camping trips and didn't want to have to lug around a bunch of fire starting supplies. This slipped easily onto one of my clips and was perfect - it takes some practice but it works very well! And it's also waterproof, so no more worrying about getting matches wet when it rains. A must-have on the trail!
Chris B.
Oakdale, CA
The Light My Fire Swedish Firesteel is an awesome toll to have at your disposal when you are out in the boonies. To me, using a lighter or matches just takes all of the fun out of camping or hiking. I usually don't use the tiny striker that comes with the firesteel; I use the back of my knife.
Lauren H.
Athens, GA
I usually have a lighter as well as matches when I go out camping, but I always take this with me too. It works well as a back up. Fire is very important when outdoors and its great to have a backup like this.
Mally F.
Fayetteville, AR
Well made and lightweight. Able to withstand rigorous handling and starts your fire every time. I'd recommend buying more than one for different occasions and for several packs.
crystal j.
I highly recommend this product if you're going camping the price can be good to come be bad when it's worth it