Light Mountain Henna uploaded by Kendro T.Light Mountain Henna uploaded by Sheli N.Light Mountain Henna uploaded by M K.

BY LIGHT MOUNTAIN

Natural hair color & conditioner - Auburn 100% Pure Botanical Hair Color Chemical Free Cruelty Free No animal ingredients No animal testing Complete Application Kit Illustrated instructions. Includes cap & gloves. Our Auburn haircolor contains only pure botanicals and nothing else. We use 100% NOP/USDA certified organically grown Lawsonia inermis, Cassia auriculata, Indigoferae tinctoria see more...

Buy on Amazon
Kendro T.
Review for: Red more...
Oh henna! Definitely not going to do this again lol. Since I’ve opted for a more natural lifestyle, I decided to get henna instead of box dye for a pop of color for last spring. I hennaed my hair before, the previous year, with Light Mountain’s Light Brown color. The color didn’t show that well. I decided to test out Red. Not only did I use the red but I also attempted to boost it with lemon juice, pomegranate juice, hibiscus flowers, and beets. Still no color! I left it on overnight and it made a big mess too lol. While it did strengthen my hair, I won’t be using henna again or I may just use henna from Indian stores. Not even upset with the brand per say, I just feel like henna just doesn’t work on my hair haha. Light Mountain Henna
stacy P.
So I've been using this for about two years the thing I like is it's never obvious when I've colored my hair because it's not harsh so what's good about it is you always look refreshed when you do it from others perspectives, however if you wand to hide gray hair you will have to do it a few times in order to gradually cover it. But you can use it as many times as you like it won't damage or dry out your hair.👩
B S.
As a natural redhead whose hair color is fading as I get older, I want to keep my red gingerish color as long as possible. I did my research and found Light Mountain to be the right boxed henna for me. I've only colored my hair twice but I really like the results and it blends in well with my natural color. I have been using the Light Red color, but plan on mixing some Auburn in over the winter to deepen the color for this season.
Leah K.
Lincoln, NE
I have used this brand of dye for about two years switching from the light red to red. I love this dye. The pros is that it shows pictures of what your hair will be. If you are new at the henna process, watch YouTube videos or go online to look up how to dye your hair with the dye. When you first get the dye there is an instructions paper and tips. The dye does come with gloves to put over your hands, so you won't dye your hands and a plastic bag to put over your hair after done putting the dye in you hair. The dye originally comes powder form. Once you open the bag, you have to put in 6 Tablespoons of water and other essentials. There are a few things that I don't like about it: the smell, which is kinda of grassy, probably due to the fact that it is henna dye and the process of getting the dye perfect. It took me numerous tries until I finally found the right consistency I wanted the dye to be at when I put it in my hair. Overall, I would highly recommend this brand to anyone, whether they want a natural dye or chemical dye. I find that once you find the right consistency, you are set!
Josie K.
Star Prairie, WI
I love this company for so many reason but one thing I love the most is a company that creates cruelty free hair dyes. As a person that colors my hair more times than I can count; unprofessionally as well...it's also nice to find a coloring system that doesn't damage the hell out of your hair.
Henna is great for people looking for a nice color as well as a conditioning one as well.
I bought their reddest color they have and it was super awesome! It was bright and rich and my hair was super healthy looking which I've never experienced with a chemical dye and never would because box dyes are super filthy for your hair.
The only reason I give this a B is because the color fades kinda fast and henna is super "earthy" smelling and is hard to tolerate at times. Another thing I would suggest is Vaseline the hell out of your skin because this will stain! Everything! One last thing-read the directions thoroughly as these dyes are really in depth and can be hard to understand.
Megan S.
Austin, TX
Smells like matcha green tea so if you are not into earthy smells, this will bother you. I love the scent though and really enjoy the process of henna. I stopped chemically dying my hair last year after i shaved my hair off and i only need to use henna maybe twice a year to add some shine, volume and a pinch of color to my light roots while they grow in (they get dark blond after growing in)
Lejla M.
San Pedro, CA
I love this brand. I just wish that the package contained more henna for long haired people. It gives a beautiful color and a good coverage. The smell is not very pleasing, but it is a typical henna smell. I always buy henna from this brand and I am very happy with it.
Lacey R.
Mobridge, SD
Colors hair while conditioning the hair. It gives great coverage to the hair and roots. The great thing is you can color hair more often with Henna because of it not having harsh chemicals.
Sheli N.
San Juan
Review for: Other more...
I loved it!! ❤❤
First of all, the ends of my hair were like a medium brown and the rest was dark brown so i bought medium brown because i wanted my ends to stay the same color but better. After i used the henna my hair was darker, i know that henna doesn't lighten but i thought it was going to stay the same. The reason i say that i love henna is because my hair feels soft, moisturized and just really healthy which is one of the reasons i decided to use henna instead of a regular drugstore hair dye. Henna does get messy but I don't mind. I would definitely purchase it again but not in the same shade maybe I should try neutral.
M K.
Several years ago, I lost the color in my hair due to a near-death experience. Since then, I've used henna to color my hair. I've used several brands, and this one has shaken out as my go-to product. I use it monthly to maintain the fiery red in my hair. Everywhere I go, I'm complimented on the color of my locks. People assume it grew out of my head exactly this color. With a little practice, it's become easy to use, but I do have some tips and some notes.
1) I use a teapot to boil the water I will use. That way, I have extra water set aside if I need it. I start with less water and move up.
2) I use the following mix-ins; olive or coconut oil, and about 2 T. of shampoo (my hair is long), and occasionally a drop or two of essential oil for scent. The shampoo allows the henna to work more thoroughly through my hair.
3) I use a silicone whisk to mix the henna and gently break up any clumps. You want a smooth product, and metal cannot touch henna.
4) I mix in a glass bowl. Again, metal cannot touch henna.
5) I wait for the product to cool a bit before I put it on my hair. I like to give it a few hours if I have time. If not, minutes are okay.
6) I leave it on my head for at least an hour (never less) and up to 3-4 hours if I have time.
7) I cover with the enclosed plastic cap and place a shower cap over that.
8) When I started using henna, I placed the mix in a color applicator with a funnel tip (like you would use for chemical color). It made it easy for me to make sure I got all of the part lines. I don't use this method anymore, but when I started, it made a big difference. You can buy one of these very cheap at Amazon.
9) I use a color brush (wide/flat) to make sure I get my whole hairline. Don't want to miss any spots!

This looks like a lot, but they're just some tips to increase your satisfaction. As others have mentioned, henna has a distinct smell. It sort of smells like mown hay. I'm not a big fan of it, but my husband loves it. It fades within a few hours. The color is like nothing you can get from a chemical product. It does fade, but it does not leave. You must cut it out of your hair, so be sure you want to commit to the color. Since I'm a dedicated redhead, I'm fine with this.
I sometimes use the one with the fox on the front. I sometimes use the one with the parrot on the front. I'm also not scared to mix henna. In other words, I sometimes mix two colors together, and that works out fine. I think the color below was created by mixing two colors. When I recolor, it will blend in nicely.
Samantha T.
Fremont, NH
Has anyone used the light red color? Does it come out more of a gingery shade?
Sheli N.
San Juan
Does it fade away easily?
Leticia P.
Kissimmee, FL
I always wanted to use this, my hair is kinky curly 3b/3c and i want to know if anyone has used the red hair color and has it worked on curly hair?