BY LIFE OF PI

• Is this book worth reading?1 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is it wort...1 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?1 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Sonia D.
New haw , Surrey
Bookworm Expert
This is such a beautifully written book with a beautiful storyline and a moving ending. I would recommend to anyone who enjoys being transported with books to adventures and new discoveries. Much better than the movie that recently came out about it
Chantal C.
Verdun , QC
Bookworm Expert
This is a great existential book that deals with life and spiritual journey through metaphor. It will make you laugh and cry and keep you engulfed in the epic journey at sea that the main character faces.
Amy R.
Alpharetta, GA
So, I am not thinking "life changing" or anything but a very good story. It was almost like you are on an adventure with Pi and it's a very creative adventure. I can only think to compare it to those old Disney Sunday movies. Pi's time on the life boat was the most interesting to me. Before that, I felt like the book was dragging a bit and in the end I was slightly disappointed but I think overall it was a really good read! Fun, if nothing else and you get to learn a lot about animals! :)
Britney A.
Gresham, OR
Bookworm Expert
I watched the movie and I've been wanting to read the book too! It looks like it is so well written! Maybe I'll go to the library and ask if they have the book :)
Jeraly P.
Excelente. Tanto el libro como la película me dejaron un poco de incertidumbre... La verdad es que deja un mensaje increíble acerca de la creencia en Dios. Independientemente de la religión en la que prediques. Muchas veces la gente va a creer en algo que sea comprobable o tangible que en algún testimonio de otra persona, sin poder comprobar si es cierto o no. Este libro y la película, son excelentes.
Leticia L.
BURLINGTON, MA
I loved this book and was so happy when it was made into a movie. This book is so pretty and well written. It tells the story of Piscine Molitor "Pi" Patel, an Indian boy who explores issues of spirituality and practicality from an early age. Pi is raised as a Hindu who practices vegetarianism. At the age of fourteen, he investigates Christianity and Islam, and decides to become an adherent of all three religions, much to his parents' dismay, saying he "just wants to love God." He tries to understand God through the lens of each religion, and comes to recognize benefits in each one - I found this particularly interesting.
A few years later Pi's father decides to sell his zoo and emigrate with his wife and sons to Canada. Pi survives 227 days after a shipwreck while stranded on a lifeboat in the Pacific Ocean with a Bengal tiger named Richard Parker. Both the book and the movie will make you laugh, cry and will melt your heart all at once.
Guadalupe C.
Tucson, AZ
One of my favorite books by far. Read it after watching the movie and the book is way better providing si much detail. Not hard to read and can be a bit inspiring for some people like me. Must read book.
Jaleasa A.
Providence, RI
Bookworm Expert
This was such a cute sad book with the boy and the lion. I thought it was sad how the boy treated the lion but also how he cares for it
Abigail T.
Newark , NY
Bookworm Expert
I read this book in high school and I really enjoyed it. I later watched the movie but I like the book a lot better because I feel like you understand more the struggle Pi goes through. I would definitely recommend reading this book.
Sydney H.
Such an amazing story of resilience, survival, and self discovery. This was such a beautiful story. The metaphors were so brilliant and well thought out. It was a little slow at the beginning but it was important to set the scene. Once you finish the book, you look back on what you've read and everything becomes more clear and if you read it a second time knowing what happens you find so many little details you missed the first time around.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Migdalia Q.
Is the book better than the movie, like it usually is?
Gracie G.
Was this a good book? Was it a good movie?