BY LIFE OF PI

• Is this book worth reading?2 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is...2 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?2 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Jaydie T.
Sioux Falls
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This book is already one of literary merit and it's only from The early 2000s! It's rich in detail and symbolism. The story is so vivid and intense, and you can't help but connect everything. You really need to do some reflecting after this book. It's been over a year since I read it and I'm still processing it.
Brooke G.
Union Grove
Bookworm Expert Level 2
I had to read this book 3 times before I got it on that 3rd try. 1st I took it literal and he was on a boat with zoo animals and I could get all the way thru it. The second time I also thought literal but duh into the story a bit more. Didn’t finish it the second time. I hate not finishing a book even if it’s bad and I really hate not getting the story of the book. It doesn’t happen often but when it does I go nuts. On the 3rd and final try it clicked. I got it and was amazed by the story. It’s a great read and wonderful story if you let your imagination flow with the story instead of thinking too hard.
Kayla R.
Social Circle , GA
I saw the movie first & loved it but I always wanted to read the book. I finally did & it was better. This book has a really basic plot, it's literally in one location but it's so well written that it never gets boring. I would recommend this book to everyone.
Slr L.
Newcastle , Newcastle upon Tyne
This book is out standly well written!! The way the author makes it more than just a book but and actual story told by someone is incredible. Overall the book is very nice and even though it is a bit slow when it ends it makes you wonder a lot. I think having watched the movie first also help with the imagery and entertained in the parts that were a bit unnecessarily dragged  because they are really not that much different
Sonia D.
New haw , Surrey
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This is such a beautifully written book with a beautiful storyline and a moving ending. I would recommend to anyone who enjoys being transported with books to adventures and new discoveries. Much better than the movie that recently came out about it
Chantal C.
Verdun , QC
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This is a great existential book that deals with life and spiritual journey through metaphor. It will make you laugh and cry and keep you engulfed in the epic journey at sea that the main character faces.
Amy R.
Alpharetta, GA
So, I am not thinking "life changing" or anything but a very good story. It was almost like you are on an adventure with Pi and it's a very creative adventure. I can only think to compare it to those old Disney Sunday movies. Pi's time on the life boat was the most interesting to me. Before that, I felt like the book was dragging a bit and in the end I was slightly disappointed but I think overall it was a really good read! Fun, if nothing else and you get to learn a lot about animals! :)
Britney A.
Gresham, OR
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I watched the movie and I've been wanting to read the book too! It looks like it is so well written! Maybe I'll go to the library and ask if they have the book :)
Jeraly P.
Excelente. Tanto el libro como la película me dejaron un poco de incertidumbre... La verdad es que deja un mensaje increíble acerca de la creencia en Dios. Independientemente de la religión en la que prediques. Muchas veces la gente va a creer en algo que sea comprobable o tangible que en algún testimonio de otra persona, sin poder comprobar si es cierto o no. Este libro y la película, son excelentes.
Leticia L.
BURLINGTON, MA
I loved this book and was so happy when it was made into a movie. This book is so pretty and well written. It tells the story of Piscine Molitor "Pi" Patel, an Indian boy who explores issues of spirituality and practicality from an early age. Pi is raised as a Hindu who practices vegetarianism. At the age of fourteen, he investigates Christianity and Islam, and decides to become an adherent of all three religions, much to his parents' dismay, saying he "just wants to love God." He tries to understand God through the lens of each religion, and comes to recognize benefits in each one - I found this particularly interesting.
A few years later Pi's father decides to sell his zoo and emigrate with his wife and sons to Canada. Pi survives 227 days after a shipwreck while stranded on a lifeboat in the Pacific Ocean with a Bengal tiger named Richard Parker. Both the book and the movie will make you laugh, cry and will melt your heart all at once.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Katherine A.
Saint Petersburg, FL
I've heard many pros and cons about this book. I've heard that the Movie is great.. what is with this "certain people should only read this" and its "targeted for certain people". does this book really pertain to racism? In your honest opinion, without ANY racism, please tell me why i should or shouldn't buy this book.
Amy W.
Los Angeles, CA
I saw the movie and loved it so much that I bought the book but never got around to reading it - is it worth it?