BY LIFE OF PI #98 in Books

• Is this book worth reading?2 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is...2 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?2 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Jordan W.
Wonderful, wonderful book! I would recommend to anyone looking for a total heartwarming page-turner.
Ashley K.
I read this back in high school, and though the beginning was a little slow, it turned into a page turner once Pi got stuck out on the boat! I definitely liked the book better from the movie because you get to hear Pi's thought process as he struggles to survive out in the ocean. The books that focus on survival in extreme situations can be hit or miss, and this one is one of the ones that succeeds, once you get through the beginning (which is necessary for back story and establishing characters).
Chantal C.
Verdun , QC
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This is a great existential book that deals with life and spiritual journey through metaphor. It will make you laugh and cry and keep you engulfed in the epic journey at sea that the main character faces.
Jeraly P.
Excelente. Tanto el libro como la película me dejaron un poco de incertidumbre... La verdad es que deja un mensaje increíble acerca de la creencia en Dios. Independientemente de la religión en la que prediques. Muchas veces la gente va a creer en algo que sea comprobable o tangible que en algún testimonio de otra persona, sin poder comprobar si es cierto o no. Este libro y la película, son excelentes.
Megan P.
Buffalo, NY
I remember picking up this book on a whim not expecting much, and finishing it wanting more. The Life of Pi is as quirky as it is captivating. Although the book is a bit gruesome and takes some nasty turns, overall the story of perseverance you see is one that keeps you engaged and reading until the very end!
maty s.
I love this book! Its even more beautifulreading it thsn watching the movie. I have given several copies as gifts!
Tina H.
Van Nuys , CA
So I saw the movie first but did not really pay any attention to it. I discussed some movies with a co-worker and as she explained this movie's plot, I knew I had to read the book. Although I knew the storyline, it was still intriguing to read.
Kappy N.
Stouffville, Ontario
I like the book but i think i prefer the movie more. Its unusual because i normally loveee books more than movies because they really describe events and characters really well. Other than that, I loved this story :)
Bridget W.
Telluride, CO
This was a beautifully written and inspiring book that made me think. I loved every second of it.
Amanda P.
Aldergrove, BC
I had to read this book for an English class in high school. I remember not being too thrilled but overall I ended up enjoying the book.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Katherine A.
Saint Petersburg, FL
I've heard many pros and cons about this book. I've heard that the Movie is great.. what is with this "certain people should only read this" and its "targeted for certain people". does this book really pertain to racism? In your honest opinion, without ANY racism, please tell me why i should or shouldn't buy this book.
Amy W.
Los Angeles, CA
I saw the movie and loved it so much that I bought the book but never got around to reading it - is it worth it?