BY LIFE OF PI

• Is this book worth reading?2 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is it wort...2 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?2 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Ellen M.
Kingston, ON
This was the worst book I have ever read. I tried to use it for my independent study, and it was a nightmare trying to read it. it was so beyond boring, I barely got through it.
Krissy L.
I hated this book quite a bit. I found it boring, and hard to get through. I think it does raise some good questions, and the discussion around the book can be a good thing, but I had a very hard time getting into this.
Abby D.
Chillicothe, OH
I'm not sure if I had to read this book as summer reading for school, but I honestly did not like at all. I read a lot of books, so I am in touch with all different types of literacy. This book just felt like it dragged on, and the story was not very exciting or relatable in a way.
Katie P.
Just as boring as the movie. I did not like this at all!
Nicole W.
Kingston
Took me forever to get through this book! Found it fairly boring and all the metaphors went right over my head because I found it so boring ūüėĚ
Amina R.
Silver Spring , MD
I had a really hard time getting into this book and never finished it. I don't see what all the hype was about.
Amanda T.
I guess I just don't get it. I t it was all pretty ridiculous and cheesy. The start of the book was interesting, but it turned south fast and at the end I was actually disappointed I had invested my time to read this book. Obviously the majority loves it, so I'm in the minority and I recognize that.
Kimberly B.
Germantown, MD
BUT it never happened. I gave it the old college try, but this book just never got there for me. I found it boring, hard to follow, and hard to get through. I read books voraciously, so after hearing all the rave reviews, I tried so hard to get through it. I actually felt kind of bad about myself when I was done with it, because I just didn't get it and I felt like I should have gotten something out of it, the way people were talking about this book. Just my opinion, but this was not for me.
Karrie S.
I've read thousands of all kinds of books, and there are only a few that I have put down because I couldn't get through the slow part. This is one of them. I remember the novel being very wordy and not interesting. Some people like this kind of writing, but I was bored and I couldn't concentrate to get through it. I picked it up because it has received awards and a friend recommended it to me, but there was something about it that bored me to tears. I give it a D because there are people who think it's a great book, unfortunately I couldn't get through it to say it was.
Brittany R.
Grove City, PA
I read this book in high school and thought is was okay. Some parts move extremely slow (he is the only character on the boat after all). The only part that really makes this book good is the ending.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Katherine A.
Saint Petersburg, FL
I've heard many pros and cons about this book. I've heard that the Movie is great.. what is with this "certain people should only read this" and its "targeted for certain people". does this book really pertain to racism? In your honest opinion, without ANY racism, please tell me why i should or shouldn't buy this book.
Amy W.
Los Angeles, CA
I saw the movie and loved it so much that I bought the book but never got around to reading it - is it worth it?