BY LIFE OF PI

• Is this book worth reading?1 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is it wort...1 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?1 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Rebecca B.
Bedford, OH
I didn't get to read this book I saw the movie though. My brother, however had to read this book for class and i was able to read a part that went perfect along with the movie.
Beta H.
Norfolk, VA
Such a beautiful written book. It's a book filled with beautiful imagery that really makes you think. It also makes you question what you believe in as well. It's a must read.
Amanda L.
Eau Claire, WI
I did not enjoy this book at all. However, the movie was amazing! It's usually the other way around for me, but something about this book fell flat for me. When the amazing visuals were added to it I started to enjoy it much more.
Ashley C.
I read Life of Pi after a friend recommended it to me. The story is interesting, and the writing is beautiful. I loved it. Then, I got to the end, and it crushed my soul.
Ashleigh B.
Plymouth , MA
This book was slow, I think this is a rare case where I liked the movie better. I just couldn't get into it, and by the time it started to pick up I had just lost interest.
Katherine W.
Deerfield Beach, FL
Beginning the book was kind of hard. I felt it was slow. As the book progressed it got better, but I'm the type that if I'm not hooked right away, it'll be hard to finish.
Traci S.
Rexburg, ID
This book is a little slow and hard to get into at first. If I wasn't reading it
for a book club I probably wouldn't have finished it. I am glad I did though
as it did finally get interesting and gave the reader lots to think about.
Danielle S.
Staten Island, NY
Great book! It is really well written. I felt it was a little slowgoing in the beginning, but I am glad I did not write it off completely; the ending made it worth it!
Erin O.
Lakewood, OH
Excellent book. It grabs your attention and doesn't let go...compelling, well-written, colorful. I definitely enjoy the "survival skills" aspect - very interesting!
Kimberly L.
Life of Pi is a great read - Yann Martel paints an incredible picture with his words, and you're hooked on the story until the very end. I have not seen the movie but am totally satisfied with the story without it!
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Katherine A.
Saint Petersburg, FL
I've heard many pros and cons about this book. I've heard that the Movie is great.. what is with this "certain people should only read this" and its "targeted for certain people". does this book really pertain to racism? In your honest opinion, without ANY racism, please tell me why i should or shouldn't buy this book.
Amy W.
Los Angeles, CA
I saw the movie and loved it so much that I bought the book but never got around to reading it - is it worth it?