BY LIFE OF PI

• Is this book worth reading?1 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is it wort...1 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?1 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Amanda S.
Gastonia, NC
I thought this was a good book, but it was kind of boring. There wasn't a whole lot of action and I can't figure out how they made a movie out of it. It doesn't seem like it would be an exciting movie.
Kristy P.
Saginaw, MI
Great book (and beautiful movie) that tells the story from such a unique perspective. There's nothing not to like about a book that's easy to read yet still tells such a deep story about relationships.
Lindsay T.
Orchard Park, NY
Bookworm Expert Level 3
This is a beautifully written novel. If you like a lot of imagery when you are reading you would probably enjoy this book. There is a lot of interesting symbolism. This novel really makes you think.
Milena R.
Richmond, VA
In high school, I read this book for my Advanced Placement English Literature class. Initially, I loved reading this book because it had an amazing plot line, but then I fell in love with the symbolism. It truly changed my view on the world and humanity. A must read!
Olivia N.
Just as with the movie, I found myself not quite understanding the hype that surrounded this book. It's definitely different, shocking at times, but that didn't make it as impacting a read for me.
Chrysten T.
Saint Paul, MN
I've seen the movie. I thought it was an okay film. I should've read the book first before the movie, but now that I've seen the film first...no point of me getting the book, unless I should...
Dinorah R.
N Arlington, NJ
Read this freshman year of high achool. At first I didn't like it, but it started to grow on me. Wonderful story and I believe everyone should read this at least once in their lifetime.
Kylie T.
Life of Pi is imaginative and a great tale about the human psyche. What you believe is up to you, and even if you don't enjoy a philosophical mind-game this is still a beautiful story.
Sarah G.
Westminster, CO
This was such a fun read. Very creative, very exciting. It sparks your imagination. I really like open endings that you can decide for yourself what happened. Worth the read for sure.
Adrian G.
Lancaster, CA
Of the book I had to read for English over the summer, Life of Pi was my favorite. very good writing overall and I loved the theme of religious tolerance that permeates the novel.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Katherine A.
Saint Petersburg, FL
I've heard many pros and cons about this book. I've heard that the Movie is great.. what is with this "certain people should only read this" and its "targeted for certain people". does this book really pertain to racism? In your honest opinion, without ANY racism, please tell me why i should or shouldn't buy this book.
Amy W.
Los Angeles, CA
I saw the movie and loved it so much that I bought the book but never got around to reading it - is it worth it?