BY LIFE OF PI

• Is this book worth reading?1 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is it wort...1 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?1 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Suzanne R.
Versailles, OH
I read the book years before the movie came out. It's such a strange story- but very enjoyable and thought provoking. Easy to read. The movie does a very good job of capturing the essence of the book, in my opinion, and the cinematography is amazing.
Amanda N.
This book was just okay for me. I read it many years ago and I enjoyed the unique story that was told. Obviously it was an allegory and it can spark some good discussion. Not my favorite book and it can be a bit slow in places, but worth a read.
Shannon D.
I loved this book (and it was a very well done movie as well if you haven't checked that out). I love books that aren't straight forward or black and white with their conclusions. This one leaves the conclusion up to the reader. So cool.
Christine S.
Somerset, NJ
I feel that while this book can be interesting to read in High school, it is better suited for those who have experienced the world and hardship. Dealing with hardship, faith, and overcoming challenges are the heart of this story. While these topics may not appeal to everyone's taste, I certainly found the book intriguing.
Jackie M.
This has been at the top of my list for some of my favorite books read! It is such an amazing adventure and seen through the eyes of a child but really through the story of an adult possibly remembering his childhood.
Sarah H.
Smithfield, IL
Just started reading this over the weekend and so far I like it. I'm not sure why others had issues with it being slow, because I have that issue too sometimes, but this book didn't have that for me. Not so far anyway.
Alicia R.
Trenton, KY
I haven't read the book yet :-( but did have an opportunity to watch the film. I did really enjoy the film and have high expectations for the book, which I plan on reading soon. Seems the book is always better.
Ren M.
Munhall, PA
This book really took me for a trip. The ending completely threw me for a loop. I had no idea what to think by the end. I sat for days thinking about it and I still haven't settled on what actually happened.
Callie K.
LOVE this book. Read it last year for a book project and it was so interesting to delve deeper into the book and find the deeper meaning. This book is full of symbols and figuring them out is really fun.
Jacqui W.
Skokie, IL
I would like to read the book now after seeing the movie. Well, I've always wanted to read it but somehow never got around to it. Filled with adventure, spirit, sadness, and thought provoking analysis.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Katherine A.
Saint Petersburg, FL
I've heard many pros and cons about this book. I've heard that the Movie is great.. what is with this "certain people should only read this" and its "targeted for certain people". does this book really pertain to racism? In your honest opinion, without ANY racism, please tell me why i should or shouldn't buy this book.
Amy W.
Los Angeles, CA
I saw the movie and loved it so much that I bought the book but never got around to reading it - is it worth it?