BY LIFE OF PI #94 in Books

• Is this book worth reading?1 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is it wort...1 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?1 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Kathryn M.
Durham, NC
Life of Pi was a mandatory reading book for a American Literature class in college. I enjoyed the book - it took you on a thrill and i always wanted to know what happened.

The movie was also really good! it had two different endings in the movie - but you'll have to watch it to know why there are two different endings that were both amazing!
Shannon D.
I loved this book (and it was a very well done movie as well if you haven't checked that out). I love books that aren't straight forward or black and white with their conclusions. This one leaves the conclusion up to the reader. So cool.
Christine S.
Somerset, NJ
I feel that while this book can be interesting to read in High school, it is better suited for those who have experienced the world and hardship. Dealing with hardship, faith, and overcoming challenges are the heart of this story. While these topics may not appeal to everyone's taste, I certainly found the book intriguing.
Callie K.
LOVE this book. Read it last year for a book project and it was so interesting to delve deeper into the book and find the deeper meaning. This book is full of symbols and figuring them out is really fun.
Jackie M.
This has been at the top of my list for some of my favorite books read! It is such an amazing adventure and seen through the eyes of a child but really through the story of an adult possibly remembering his childhood.
Alicia R.
Trenton, KY
I haven't read the book yet :-( but did have an opportunity to watch the film. I did really enjoy the film and have high expectations for the book, which I plan on reading soon. Seems the book is always better.
Ren M.
Homestead, PA
This book really took me for a trip. The ending completely threw me for a loop. I had no idea what to think by the end. I sat for days thinking about it and I still haven't settled on what actually happened.
Jacqui W.
Skokie, IL
I would like to read the book now after seeing the movie. Well, I've always wanted to read it but somehow never got around to it. Filled with adventure, spirit, sadness, and thought provoking analysis.
Kristy P.
Saginaw, MI
Great book (and beautiful movie) that tells the story from such a unique perspective. There's nothing not to like about a book that's easy to read yet still tells such a deep story about relationships.
Amanda S.
Gastonia, NC
I thought this was a good book, but it was kind of boring. There wasn't a whole lot of action and I can't figure out how they made a movie out of it. It doesn't seem like it would be an exciting movie.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Katherine A.
Saint Petersburg, FL
I've heard many pros and cons about this book. I've heard that the Movie is great.. what is with this "certain people should only read this" and its "targeted for certain people". does this book really pertain to racism? In your honest opinion, without ANY racism, please tell me why i should or shouldn't buy this book.
Amy W.
Los Angeles, CA
I saw the movie and loved it so much that I bought the book but never got around to reading it - is it worth it?