BY LIFE OF PI

• Is this book worth reading?1 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is it wort...1 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?1 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Abby D.
Chillicothe , OH
I'm not sure if I had to read this book as summer reading for school, but I honestly did not like at all. I read a lot of books, so I am in touch with all different types of literacy. This book just felt like it dragged on, and the story was not very exciting or relatable in a way.
Kimberly M.
Temecula, CA
Pi had an amazing life if you believe his incredible stories are fact. It is never really clear, because the writer wants you to believe what you want. I think the stories are real. Read the book before you watch the movie. Although the movie is great, the book is better.
Morghan F.
Philo, California
I read this as a required summer reading before my junior year of high school. I had an amazing teacher who taught it incredibly well and helped everything to make sense. To me the book dragged on, and if I had to have read it myself I don't think I could have made sense of it
Curtis E.
Where to begin. Ever since this book was released in 2001 on one of the most terror filled days in american history, it has given us an unwavering view of world religions and many aspects of these religions. While exploring many different symbols and discovering hidden clues, readers will be enthralled in Pi's character and how he kept his sanity those 227 days stranded out at sea.
Arliss A.
Georgetown, IN
Bookworm Expert Level 3
My daughter had to read this book for summer reading in high school. We ended up getting the audio version and I listened with her. We had difficulty stopping at times. This is a wonderful story and so good at keeping your interest. The movie made later is also wonderful!
Gaby I.
Wilmington, DE
It took me a bit to get into this book - but once I did, I couldn't put it down. I literally stayed home to finish it! I'm someone who likes concrete endings, so I'm was a bit bummed about this one, but it did not at all take away from the beauty of the book.
Erin E.
Great read! A boy gets wrecked onto a boat with a live tiger in the middle of the ocean. The two learn to survive, however, he has to remember the tiger is a wild animal. Amazing story as the two live in a small boat until they find land! Somewhat magical!
Ashley W.
This book was booring!!! I checked this book out of the library twice to attempt to read it before I finally gave up and quit within the first few chapters. The movie was good though.
Suzanne R.
Versailles, OH
I read the book years before the movie came out. It's such a strange story- but very enjoyable and thought provoking. Easy to read. The movie does a very good job of capturing the essence of the book, in my opinion, and the cinematography is amazing.
Kathryn M.
Durham, NC
Life of Pi was a mandatory reading book for a American Literature class in college. I enjoyed the book - it took you on a thrill and i always wanted to know what happened.

The movie was also really good! it had two different endings in the movie - but you'll have to watch it to know why there are two different endings that were both amazing!
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Katherine A.
Saint Petersburg, FL
I've heard many pros and cons about this book. I've heard that the Movie is great.. what is with this "certain people should only read this" and its "targeted for certain people". does this book really pertain to racism? In your honest opinion, without ANY racism, please tell me why i should or shouldn't buy this book.
Amy W.
Los Angeles, CA
I saw the movie and loved it so much that I bought the book but never got around to reading it - is it worth it?