BY LIFE OF PI #98 in Books

• Is this book worth reading?1 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is it worth ...1 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?1 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Julie K.
Julie K.
Coatesville, PA
This book is fantastic. I actually listened to the audiobook version which was wonderfully narrated. I couldn't "put it down" ! I could visualize everything the narrator was describing, and feel all the sorrow and pain he feels as he's adrift in the ocean. The twist at the end is jaw dropping!
Malibu R.
Malibu R.
Clearwater, MN
The book is much better than the movie. It's one of those books that I can return to again and again to re-read.
Cindy H.
Cindy H.
Lawrenceville, GA
The book is an adventurous story and the movie keeps you on your feet too (: !! I recommend this to anyone that can read and haven't read it yet !
Michelle P.
Michelle P.
Pikeville, NC
I love this book better than the movie even though they did a really great job on the movie too.
Anne H.
Anne H.
Durham, NC
I had to read this book in high school and everyone loved it so much. I'm not a fiction person but i did enjoy it (despite being forced to read it)
Kristine P.
Kristine P.
Lafayette , IN
I had to read this for one of my college literature classes. I really enjoyed the discussions we had and the book brought out great dialogue between classmates. The movie was good too, but I typically don't enjoy the movies near as much as the books. I would highly recommend this read!
Megan P.
Megan P.
Buffalo, NY
I remember picking up this book on a whim not expecting much, and finishing it wanting more. The Life of Pi is as quirky as it is captivating. Although the book is a bit gruesome and takes some nasty turns, overall the story of perseverance you see is one that keeps you engaged and reading until the very end!
Janet L.
Janet L.
Chevy Chase, MD
The book is rather slow, not much really happens (if you've seen trailers of the movie that recently came out, you might understand why). However, Martel describes everything with such detailed language. This was one of those books I had to put down and pick back up to reread before I really understood the book.
Paulina R.
Paulina R.
Watched the movie. Amazing story. The way it ends you wont really see it coming.
Tina H.
Tina H.
Van Nuys , CA
So I saw the movie first but did not really pay any attention to it. I discussed some movies with a co-worker and as she explained this movie's plot, I knew I had to read the book. Although I knew the storyline, it was still intriguing to read.
Hannah S.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Gracie G.
Gracie G.
Was this a good book? Was it a good movie?
Migdalia Q.
Migdalia Q.
Is the book better than the movie, like it usually is?