BY LIFE OF PI #100 in Books

• Is this book worth reading?2 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is...2 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?2 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Shea C.
Tellico Plns, TN
It took me several tries to get into this book. The beginning is just unbelievable slow and bogs you down like quick sand. However I finally fought my way thru and the book became enjoyable after my rough start. Very good read.
Janet L.
Chevy Chase, MD
The book is rather slow, not much really happens (if you've seen trailers of the movie that recently came out, you might understand why). However, Martel describes everything with such detailed language. This was one of those books I had to put down and pick back up to reread before I really understood the book.
Krystal G.
Pataskala, OH
I enjoyed Life of Pi because it was such a unique tale. It was times thrilling, other times heartbreaking, occasionally funny, and heartwarming. Pi definitely takes you through the emotional wringer, but it's worth it.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
I actually havnt read the book, but after seeing the movie I really would like to. This film was so well done and so beautiful. I loved it. I love everything I got from it. It left a lot worthy questions. One of those movies you need to watch more than once so you can see get two different perspectives of it.
Amanda T.
I guess I just don't get it. I t it was all pretty ridiculous and cheesy. The start of the book was interesting, but it turned south fast and at the end I was actually disappointed I had invested my time to read this book. Obviously the majority loves it, so I'm in the minority and I recognize that.
Julie H.
COATESVILLE, PA
This book is fantastic. I actually listened to the audiobook version which was wonderfully narrated. I couldn't "put it down" ! I could visualize everything the narrator was describing, and feel all the sorrow and pain he feels as he's adrift in the ocean. The twist at the end is jaw dropping!
Samantha D.
Dothan, AL
While this book had some interesting parts, the majority of it was long descriptions. Even as an avid reader, I sometimes found myself drifting off while I was reading. The book also was a bit confusing in its talk of Pi's spirituality, as he has so many different, conflicting spiritual ideals.
Kristine P.
Lafayette , IN
Bookworm Expert Level 3
I had to read this for one of my college literature classes. I really enjoyed the discussions we had and the book brought out great dialogue between classmates. The movie was good too, but I typically don't enjoy the movies near as much as the books. I would highly recommend this read!
Angela D.
W Hollywood, CA
I was required to read this in lit class my junior year of high school, so I wasn't expecting to enjoy it. Boy was I wrong! "Life of Pi" is spectacular. It was the only book that I read cover-to-cover :) the plot twist at the end is so unexpected that I just wanted to re-read the whole book.
Bianca A.
This book is a great read. Yes it can be pretty slow at times but other than that it is a great book. It takes you on such an amazing journey I'm glad I picked it up at Barnes in noble. I highly recommend.
Carolyn H.
Is this book worth reading?
Janet L.
Chevy Chase, MD
Did anyone see the movie ? And how did you find it compared to the book?
Michelle P.
Pikeville, NC
Is there any other books by this author that you recommend?
Shauna M.
Manchester
Bookworm Expert Level 2
I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is it worth the read?
Lisa H.
Shiloh
Bookworm Expert Level 3
Yay or nay? Watch movie first or read book?