BY LIFE OF PI

• Is this book worth reading?1 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is it wort...1 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?1 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Christina S.
Red Bank, NJ
This was so slow, but I'm still glad I read it. The ending was pretty great, but it's tough to get there.
Jessica M.
Martinsville, VA
I really liked this book and the writing. The ending was very open to interpretation and I really liked that
Brittany W.
To be honest, when I first read this book after being assigned it for school, it absolutely freaked me out. The first bit of it was somewhat slow, but manageable. I did have to keep taking breaks, but for a school assignment, it wasn't bad. Then, the ending. Wow. I have to say, there are few books where I don't guess the plot twist or the "surprise" ending. This book was one of them. I still haven't seen the movie, so I can't compare it to the book yet, but this is definitely worth a read.
Kasey J.
Woodville, WI
I found this book okay I think it would have been better if I hadn't started reading it and a family member turned to me and told me what happens in the middle of the book
Caroline F.
Wilmington, NC
Life of Pi is a rumination on human nature, the ways of faith, and what can be called "truth." This book is highly spiritual and beautifully written--but it is not adventure-filled. A lot of the book is filled with detail of the grueling day to day life of someone lost at sea...and then there's all the stuff about the tiger, too. Too many people saw the movie and expected something very different from the book than what it is, but if you appreciate great writing by an author who can make you believe something as fantastical as what takes place in this book, do yourself a favor and pick it up (and then maybe watch the movie. Or don't. It's really not that good).
Kourtney B.
Definitely read this book! It's very eye-opening and really makes you think.
Abby D.
Chillicothe , OH
I'm not sure if I had to read this book as summer reading for school, but I honestly did not like at all. I read a lot of books, so I am in touch with all different types of literacy. This book just felt like it dragged on, and the story was not very exciting or relatable in a way.
Lindsay H.
I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down. There are definitely unexpected moments.
Ashleigh B.
Plymouth, MA
This book was slow, I think this is a rare case where I liked the movie better. I just couldn't get into it, and by the time it started to pick up I had just lost interest.
shay b.
Naperville, IL
I watched this on my way back from Singapore. I cried a lot. Not the best for while in flight, but it was definitely entertaining and really makes you think.
Curtis E.
What was your favorite example of symbolism from this novel?
Chrysten T.
Saint Paul, MN
Has anyone read the book?
Colleen b.
Yucaipa, CA
I really enjoyed the movie but was the book that much better ?
LaToya T.
Stoughton, MA
Bookworm Expert
Which do you prefer? the film or the movie?
Janet L.
Chevy Chase, MD
Did anyone see the movie ? And how did you find it compared to the book?