BY LIFE OF PI

• Is this book worth reading?2 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is...2 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?2 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Maury Jackeline Silva M.
Pittsburgh, PA
I haven't read the book yet :-( but did have an opportunity to watch the film. I did really enjoy the film and have high expectations for the book, which I plan on reading soon. Seems the book is always better.
Shea C.
Tellico Plns, TN
It took me several tries to get into this book. The beginning is just unbelievable slow and bogs you down like quick sand. However I finally fought my way thru and the book became enjoyable after my rough start. Very good read.
Janet L.
Chevy Chase, MD
The book is rather slow, not much really happens (if you've seen trailers of the movie that recently came out, you might understand why). However, Martel describes everything with such detailed language. This was one of those books I had to put down and pick back up to reread before I really understood the book.
Krystal G.
Pataskala, OH
I enjoyed Life of Pi because it was such a unique tale. It was times thrilling, other times heartbreaking, occasionally funny, and heartwarming. Pi definitely takes you through the emotional wringer, but it's worth it.
Hannah S.
Redlands, CA
I actually havnt read the book, but after seeing the movie I really would like to. This film was so well done and so beautiful. I loved it. I love everything I got from it. It left a lot worthy questions. One of those movies you need to watch more than once so you can see get two different perspectives of it.
Amanda T.
I guess I just don't get it. I t it was all pretty ridiculous and cheesy. The start of the book was interesting, but it turned south fast and at the end I was actually disappointed I had invested my time to read this book. Obviously the majority loves it, so I'm in the minority and I recognize that.
Samantha D.
Dothan, AL
While this book had some interesting parts, the majority of it was long descriptions. Even as an avid reader, I sometimes found myself drifting off while I was reading. The book also was a bit confusing in its talk of Pi's spirituality, as he has so many different, conflicting spiritual ideals.
Julie H.
Coatesville, PA
This book is fantastic. I actually listened to the audiobook version which was wonderfully narrated. I couldn't "put it down" ! I could visualize everything the narrator was describing, and feel all the sorrow and pain he feels as he's adrift in the ocean. The twist at the end is jaw dropping!
Bianca A.
This book is a great read. Yes it can be pretty slow at times but other than that it is a great book. It takes you on such an amazing journey I'm glad I picked it up at Barnes in noble. I highly recommend.
Kristine P.
Lafayette , IN
Bookworm Expert Level 3
I had to read this for one of my college literature classes. I really enjoyed the discussions we had and the book brought out great dialogue between classmates. The movie was good too, but I typically don't enjoy the movies near as much as the books. I would highly recommend this read!
Curtis E.
What was your favorite example of symbolism from this novel?
Colleen b.
Calimesa , CA
I really enjoyed the movie but was the book that much better ?
LaToya T.
Stoughton, MA
Bookworm Expert Level 3
Which do you prefer? the film or the movie?
Chrys T.
Saint Paul, MN
Bookworm Expert Level 3
Has anyone read the book?
Pamela N.
Hamilton , ON
Is the book better then the movie ?