BY LIFE OF PI #97 in Books

Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Amina R.
Amina R.
Silver Spring , MD
I had a really hard time getting into this book and never finished it. I don't see what all the hype was about.
Anna G.
Anna G.
Bookworm Expert
Michelle P.
Michelle P.
Pikeville, NC
I love this book better than the movie even though they did a really great job on the movie too.
Anne H.
Anne H.
Durham, NC
I had to read this book in high school and everyone loved it so much. I'm not a fiction person but i did enjoy it (despite being forced to read it)
Dinorah R.
Dinorah R.
N Arlington, NJ
Read this freshman year of high achool. At first I didn't like it, but it started to grow on me. Wonderful story and I believe everyone should read this at least once in their lifetime.
Chanda E.
Chanda E.
Artesia, NM
I haven't read this book yet but one of my friends did and he said it was really good.
Tiffany P.
Tiffany P.
Jenkinsburg, GA
This is one of my all time favorite books. To me it is not too slow to start. It gets interesting very quickly. I read this in my AP english class, and wrote one of my best papers on it. I was so exited to see it coming out as a movie, The movie was great too. If you like adventure stories this one is for you. It is definitely sad, and you might shed a few tears, I know I did. The tale is amazing and I like the fact that you get to pick which story you believe. I think it shows you you truly are when picking a side.
Megan P.
Megan P.
Buffalo, NY
I remember picking up this book on a whim not expecting much, and finishing it wanting more. The Life of Pi is as quirky as it is captivating. Although the book is a bit gruesome and takes some nasty turns, overall the story of perseverance you see is one that keeps you engaged and reading until the very end!
Malibu R.
Malibu R.
Clearwater, MN
The book is much better than the movie. It's one of those books that I can return to again and again to re-read.
Tina H.
Tina H.
Van Nuys, CA
So I saw the movie first but did not really pay any attention to it. I discussed some movies with a co-worker and as she explained this movie's plot, I knew I had to read the book. Although I knew the storyline, it was still intriguing to read.
Hannah S.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Amy W.
Amy W.
Los Angeles, CA
I saw the movie and loved it so much that I bought the book but never got around to reading it - is it worth it?
Katherine A.
Katherine A.
Saint Petersburg, FL
I've heard many pros and cons about this book. I've heard that the Movie is great.. what is with this "certain people should only read this" and its "targeted for certain people". does this book really pertain to racism? In your honest opinion, without ANY racism, please tell me why i should or shouldn't buy this book.