BY LIFE OF PI

• Is this book worth reading?1 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is it wort...1 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?1 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Diana H.
I loved the book, until I got to the ending. I'm not sure why, but I was so mad at how the book ended. I read it about five years ago, but still remember that the author was great at sucking you into the boat with Pi. You really believe you are on the boat with him. I loved the detail in the beginning and his curiosity with religion. Pi is a peculiar narrator and that's what makes the book enjoyable.
shipra M.
Jersey City, NJ
I loved movie better....the magnitude of the story hits you in the end the story. The book story doesn't grip me in the beginning...the actual adventure start on the boat. The beautiful narration of the boat part till the end keeps you hooked. the movie was engaging from beginning to the end. After the movie ends your thoughts take u deep a potentially horrific story portrayed excellently
Rachael P.
When i read this a few years ago it was hard for me to get into at first, but after about 50 pages i couldn't stop reading it. I loved the story and it raised a lot of questions for me. I think I could have really long discussions on this book and the meaning and analyzing the text. I know it's used in high school for summer reading now, but I think it's a light read that anyone can enjoy.
Roxy G.
Rochester, NY
I picked up this book about 10 years ago while my family was on a skiing trip in NH. It was on the top seller shelf and I was drawn to the word Pi in the title so I curled up with a blanket next to the fire and learned quickly it was a beautifully clever story of a man named Pi. When the preview aired I called out "Life of Pi" moments into the clip and my son asked how I knew the name. I told him that this book deserved to be seen by all. Although the book is always better, I feel that the movie was worthy.
MaryCaroline G.
St Petersburg, FL
This book is difficult to get into. It was required my freshman year, and honestly I just read the spark notes. A few years later I heard there was a movie coming out, so I thought I would give it a shot. Two chapters in I couldn't stop reading, go read it.
Arianna Z.
This is one of my all time favorites. The story line was so unique and honestly, refreshing. The main character was so dynamic. The one part that really stuck with me is when he was discussing religion with his mother. I still quote this book to this day.
Jennifer W.
Wilmington, DE
O M G, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this novel. I read it one summer, while lounging at the pool. I could not put it down. It does start out slow in the beginning but keep pushing through it and when the story really starts to pick up, it's amazing!
Tamara S.
A lot of people talked about how the beginning was slow, but I loved Pi's journey through the different religions, piecing together the idea that the three main religions of the world are connected--because they are all Abrahamic religions. And then when the shipwreck happened, things got even more amazing. If you've read the book and loved it, then watch the movie because it puts everything into a beautiful perspective that you would've never imagined.
Ginnine K.
Lewiston, ID
What a journey this book takes you on! Don't give up when you're spending many pages adrift but take in the feeling and be one with the main character. This one will keep you guessing even after you finish it and close the book!
Shea C.
Tellico Plns, TN
It took me several tries to get into this book. The beginning is just unbelievable slow and bogs you down like quick sand. However I finally fought my way thru and the book became enjoyable after my rough start. Very good read.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Katherine A.
Saint Petersburg, FL
I've heard many pros and cons about this book. I've heard that the Movie is great.. what is with this "certain people should only read this" and its "targeted for certain people". does this book really pertain to racism? In your honest opinion, without ANY racism, please tell me why i should or shouldn't buy this book.
Amy W.
Los Angeles, CA
I saw the movie and loved it so much that I bought the book but never got around to reading it - is it worth it?