BY LIFE OF PI #97 in Books

Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Jaleasa A.
Jaleasa A.
Providence, RI
Bookworm Expert
This was such a cute sad book with the boy and the lion. I thought it was sad how the boy treated the lion but also how he cares for it
Sarah H.
Sarah H.
Smithfield, IL
Just started reading this over the weekend and so far I like it. I'm not sure why others had issues with it being slow, because I have that issue too sometimes, but this book didn't have that for me. Not so far anyway.
Callie K.
Callie K.
LOVE this book. Read it last year for a book project and it was so interesting to delve deeper into the book and find the deeper meaning. This book is full of symbols and figuring them out is really fun.
Chrysten T.
Chrysten T.
Saint Paul, MN
I've seen the movie. I thought it was an okay film. I should've read the book first before the movie, but now that I've seen the film first...no point of me getting the book, unless I should...
Carla H.
Carla H.
Charleston, WV
This is such a magical adventure. i am not one to read adventure stories but this one was definitely different.
Catheryn C.
Catheryn C.
Not the worst, but not the best book I've read. I do like the mystery it leaves the reader and the comparisons of what is told and what could be true.
Samantha R.
Samantha R.
Old Bridge, NJ
Can seem slow movie but ultimately a great book and a magical, wonderful story. I loved the movie as well.
Kirsten A.
Kirsten A.
Round Rock, TX
Loved this book when I read it in high school. At first it was slow, but it picked up and became one of those books I had to finish right away.
Saba C.
Saba C.
Brooklyn, NY
Incredibly well written and thought-provoking. The elegant language used to express emotions in the novel really give it depth.
Lacy L.
Lacy L.
Thorndale, TX
I really like the narrative in this novel. It is an interesting story that held my attention the whole way through!
Hannah S.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Amy W.
Amy W.
Los Angeles, CA
I saw the movie and loved it so much that I bought the book but never got around to reading it - is it worth it?
Katherine A.
Katherine A.
Saint Petersburg, FL
I've heard many pros and cons about this book. I've heard that the Movie is great.. what is with this "certain people should only read this" and its "targeted for certain people". does this book really pertain to racism? In your honest opinion, without ANY racism, please tell me why i should or shouldn't buy this book.