BY LIFE OF PI

• Is this book worth reading?1 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is it wort...1 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?1 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
I actually havnt read the book, but after seeing the movie I really would like to. This film was so well done and so beautiful. I loved it. I love everything I got from it. It left a lot worthy questions. One of those movies you need to watch more than once so you can see get two different perspectives of it.
Jessica P.
Romeoville, IL
The beginning of the book is slow moving and very had to continue reading. I finally did finish it. I preferred the movie over the book.
Camille S.
Really good book this is a book you will never stop reading until its over love it
Milena R.
Richmond, VA
In high school, I read this book for my Advanced Placement English Literature class. Initially, I loved reading this book because it had an amazing plot line, but then I fell in love with the symbolism. It truly changed my view on the world and humanity. A must read!
Ashley W.
This book was booring!!! I checked this book out of the library twice to attempt to read it before I finally gave up and quit within the first few chapters. The movie was good though.
Minerva S.
I love this book. It is a great read for a relaxing day off!
Lindsay H.
I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down. There are definitely unexpected moments.
Morghan F.
Philo, California
I read this as a required summer reading before my junior year of high school. I had an amazing teacher who taught it incredibly well and helped everything to make sense. To me the book dragged on, and if I had to have read it myself I don't think I could have made sense of it
Abby D.
Chillicothe , OH
I'm not sure if I had to read this book as summer reading for school, but I honestly did not like at all. I read a lot of books, so I am in touch with all different types of literacy. This book just felt like it dragged on, and the story was not very exciting or relatable in a way.
Caroline F.
Wilmington, NC
Life of Pi is a rumination on human nature, the ways of faith, and what can be called "truth." This book is highly spiritual and beautifully written--but it is not adventure-filled. A lot of the book is filled with detail of the grueling day to day life of someone lost at sea...and then there's all the stuff about the tiger, too. Too many people saw the movie and expected something very different from the book than what it is, but if you appreciate great writing by an author who can make you believe something as fantastical as what takes place in this book, do yourself a favor and pick it up (and then maybe watch the movie. Or don't. It's really not that good).
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Migdalia Q.
Is the book better than the movie, like it usually is?
Gracie G.
Was this a good book? Was it a good movie?