BY LIFE OF PI #90 in Books

• Is this book worth reading?1 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is it wort...1 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?1 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Jenna B.
Jenna B.
This book can be hard to get into as it starts out a little slow, but give it a true chance and finish it to the end and you will be surprised at how beautifully written it is and the powerful message it conveys!
Abbie C.
Abbie C.
South Hadley, MA
I watched the movie and then read the book and let me tell you the book is 100 times better than the movie. The characters are so much more developed and complex. The details are amazing. It's masterful
Guadalupe C.
Guadalupe C.
Tucson, AZ
One of my favorite books by far. Read it after watching the movie and the book is way better providing si much detail. Not hard to read and can be a bit inspiring for some people like me. Must read book.
Audra H.
Audra H.
Gainesville
A book that showcases what the human mind and body can endure. Our ability to use our brains is what puts us at the top of the food chain but our hearts sometimes gets the best of us.
Ashley K.
Ashley K.
I read this back in high school, and though the beginning was a little slow, it turned into a page turner once Pi got stuck out on the boat! I definitely liked the book better from the movie because you get to hear Pi's thought process as he struggles to survive out in the ocean. The books that focus on survival in extreme situations can be hit or miss, and this one is one of the ones that succeeds, once you get through the beginning (which is necessary for back story and establishing characters).
Del Marie G.
Del Marie G.
Durango, CO
Beautifully written and incredibly powerful book about the strength of the human spirit and survival. Symbolic and creative! I would highly recommend this book to anyone
Arliss A.
Arliss A.
Georgetown, IN
Bookworm Expert
My daughter had to read this book for summer reading in high school. We ended up getting the audio version and I listened with her. We had difficulty stopping at times. This is a wonderful story and so good at keeping your interest. The movie made later is also wonderful!
Britney A.
Britney A.
Gresham, OR
Bookworm Expert
I watched the movie and I've been wanting to read the book too! It looks like it is so well written! Maybe I'll go to the library and ask if they have the book :)
Rachael A.
Rachael A.
Didnt think the story was line was going to bw good but it really was. It kept me on my toes of whata going to happen next and i was very interested in it
Erin E.
Erin E.
Great read! A boy gets wrecked onto a boat with a live tiger in the middle of the ocean. The two learn to survive, however, he has to remember the tiger is a wild animal. Amazing story as the two live in a small boat until they find land! Somewhat magical!
Hannah S.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Migdalia Q.
Migdalia Q.
Is the book better than the movie, like it usually is?
Gracie G.
Gracie G.
Was this a good book? Was it a good movie?