BY LIFE OF PI #97 in Books

Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Brittany R.
Brittany R.
Grove City, PA
I read this book in high school and thought is was okay. Some parts move extremely slow (he is the only character on the boat after all). The only part that really makes this book good is the ending.
Ashley B.
Ashley B.
I loved this book - full of adventure and mystery and masterful storytelling. But I don't like the ending....sorry, no spoilers!
maty s.
maty s.
I love this book! Its even more beautifulreading it thsn watching the movie. I have given several copies as gifts!
Julia F.
Julia F.
The beginning started a little slow but I stuck with it. The Life of Pi is a surprising tale about survival .
Ashley P.
Ashley P.
Slow to start but if you keep reading you will get caught up in the story. I really liked it.
Brittney S.
Brittney S.
Rainsville, AL
I personally feel that the book is not there to give a good feeling. I read it to the end but I admit there were some points in the book where I felt impatient. However, this is a good reason to continue reading it rather than put it down! I feel like it gets better as it goes along (most of the first part of the book was a little bit pointless in my opinion) and most definitely the third part of the book is extremely crucial to the entire story. I urge you to find the time to fit it in your schedule as you will find out that it is more than just a boy stuck on a boat with a tiger.
Ana C.
Ana C.
I haven't read the book yet :-( but did have an opportunity to watch the film. I did really enjoy the film and have high expectations for the book, which I plan on reading soon. Seems the book is always better.
katherine c.
katherine c.
miami, FL
esta pelicula sin duda alguna me conmovio muchisimo es de esas peliculas que vale la pena ver miles de veces ya que te hace llamado a reflexion!!! es buenisima para verla con toda la familia chicos se las recomiendo con los ojos cerrados es bellisima
Maria M.
Maria M.
Latham, NY
I loved this book! I watched the film before reading the book and I loved both of them. It's a smart, deep and allegorical story. I enjoy short chapters so this was good for me. Best scene was the three religious men arguing about Pi's religion. Found it really smartly done and funny. Loved that bit the most.
Abigail T.
Abigail T.
Newark NY
Bookworm Expert
I read this book in high school and I really enjoyed it. I later watched the movie but I like the book a lot better because I feel like you understand more the struggle Pi goes through. I would definitely recommend reading this book.
Hannah S.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Gracie G.
Gracie G.
Was this a good book? Was it a good movie?
Migdalia Q.
Migdalia Q.
Is the book better than the movie, like it usually is?