BY LIFE OF PI

• Is this book worth reading?1 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is it wort...1 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?1 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Abigail T.
Newark , NY
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I read this book in high school and I really enjoyed it. I later watched the movie but I like the book a lot better because I feel like you understand more the struggle Pi goes through. I would definitely recommend reading this book.
Xen H.
Bookworm Expert Level 2
I love this book.. i've watched the film also with family and it's one of our favorite.. it has a very good story and it will keep you curious and interested.. beautiful beautiful story and will def recommend this
Jenna B.
This book can be hard to get into as it starts out a little slow, but give it a true chance and finish it to the end and you will be surprised at how beautifully written it is and the powerful message it conveys!
Abbie C.
South Hadley, MA
I watched the movie and then read the book and let me tell you the book is 100 times better than the movie. The characters are so much more developed and complex. The details are amazing. It's masterful
Guadalupe C.
tucson , AZ
One of my favorite books by far. Read it after watching the movie and the book is way better providing si much detail. Not hard to read and can be a bit inspiring for some people like me. Must read book.
Karrie S.
I've read thousands of all kinds of books, and there are only a few that I have put down because I couldn't get through the slow part. This is one of them. I remember the novel being very wordy and not interesting. Some people like this kind of writing, but I was bored and I couldn't concentrate to get through it. I picked it up because it has received awards and a friend recommended it to me, but there was something about it that bored me to tears. I give it a D because there are people who think it's a great book, unfortunately I couldn't get through it to say it was.
Audra H.
Gainesville
A book that showcases what the human mind and body can endure. Our ability to use our brains is what puts us at the top of the food chain but our hearts sometimes gets the best of us.
Ashley K.
I read this back in high school, and though the beginning was a little slow, it turned into a page turner once Pi got stuck out on the boat! I definitely liked the book better from the movie because you get to hear Pi's thought process as he struggles to survive out in the ocean. The books that focus on survival in extreme situations can be hit or miss, and this one is one of the ones that succeeds, once you get through the beginning (which is necessary for back story and establishing characters).
Del Marie G.
Durango, CO
Beautifully written and incredibly powerful book about the strength of the human spirit and survival. Symbolic and creative! I would highly recommend this book to anyone
Britney A.
Gresham, OR
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I watched the movie and I've been wanting to read the book too! It looks like it is so well written! Maybe I'll go to the library and ask if they have the book :)
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Katherine A.
Saint Petersburg, FL
I've heard many pros and cons about this book. I've heard that the Movie is great.. what is with this "certain people should only read this" and its "targeted for certain people". does this book really pertain to racism? In your honest opinion, without ANY racism, please tell me why i should or shouldn't buy this book.
Amy W.
Los Angeles, CA
I saw the movie and loved it so much that I bought the book but never got around to reading it - is it worth it?