BY LIFE OF PI

• Is this book worth reading?1 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is it wort...1 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?1 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Ellen M.
Kingston, ON
This was the worst book I have ever read. I tried to use it for my independent study, and it was a nightmare trying to read it. it was so beyond boring, I barely got through it.
Erin G.
Halifax, KY
I remember reading this in junior high (even though it was only about 7 years ago), it was targeted towards my age group but I have found after a second reading that I understood what was being said a lot better now that I'm older.
Celeste C.
Toronto, ON
I love Life of Pi. It's really interesting. The book is about as equally as good as the movie. This book is definitely not for everybody but a select few will love it.
Krissy L.
I hated this book quite a bit. I found it boring, and hard to get through. I think it does raise some good questions, and the discussion around the book can be a good thing, but I had a very hard time getting into this.
Evie G.
England
A very heartfelt book in which is now a film! I personally think the book is much more detailed even though it doesn't contain photos. An amazingly symbolic story based upon a Indian boy and his working class family.
Danielle D.
A wonderful and enlightening read that is kind of like a metaphor for life, loss, and facing yourself, because you can really be your own worst enemy. There are happy/funny moments too though, don't get me wrong!
Nicole W.
Kingston
Took me forever to get through this book! Found it fairly boring and all the metaphors went right over my head because I found it so boring ūüėĚ
Amanda P.
Aldergrove, BC
I had to read this book for an English class in high school. I remember not being too thrilled but overall I ended up enjoying the book.
Suzie B.
Winnipeg , MB
I really liked this book; very easy read but one that really paints a strong picture in your mind of the events taking place.
Mahjabin C.
This is great both as a book and a movie. This background sound, choreograph, setting and cinematography will touch your heart!
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Katherine A.
Saint Petersburg, FL
I've heard many pros and cons about this book. I've heard that the Movie is great.. what is with this "certain people should only read this" and its "targeted for certain people". does this book really pertain to racism? In your honest opinion, without ANY racism, please tell me why i should or shouldn't buy this book.
Amy W.
Los Angeles, CA
I saw the movie and loved it so much that I bought the book but never got around to reading it - is it worth it?