BY LIFE OF PI #94 in Books

• Is this book worth reading?1 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is it wort...1 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?1 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Bridget W.
Telluride, CO
This was a beautifully written and inspiring book that made me think. I loved every second of it.
Frish Q.
This is one of my favorite books. The story is amazing and it's so discriptive I could imagine everything in my mind. It made me laugh and cry very good book . The movie made no sense they cut out so much and added the stupid girl
Celeste C.
Toronto, ON
I love Life of Pi. It's really interesting. The book is about as equally as good as the movie. This book is definitely not for everybody but a select few will love it.
Nicole W.
Kingston
Took me forever to get through this book! Found it fairly boring and all the metaphors went right over my head because I found it so boring ūüėĚ
Jeraly P.
Excelente. Tanto el libro como la pel√≠cula me dejaron un poco de incertidumbre... La verdad es que deja un mensaje incre√≠ble acerca de la creencia en Dios. Independientemente de la religi√≥n en la que prediques. Muchas veces la gente va a creer en algo que sea comprobable o tangible que en alg√ļn testimonio de otra persona, sin poder comprobar si es cierto o no. Este libro y la pel√≠cula, son excelentes.
Chantal C.
Verdun , QC
This is a great existential book that deals with life and spiritual journey through metaphor. It will make you laugh and cry and keep you engulfed in the epic journey at sea that the main character faces.
Sydney H.
Such an amazing story of resilience, survival, and self discovery. This was such a beautiful story. The metaphors were so brilliant and well thought out. It was a little slow at the beginning but it was important to set the scene. Once you finish the book, you look back on what you've read and everything becomes more clear and if you read it a second time knowing what happens you find so many little details you missed the first time around.
Iako P.
Montreal
I read this over the summer in high school because a teacher recommended it to me. I read the first page and it seemed to drag on forever, I honestly had to push myself to get through the first chapter. But after that, I am telling you I couldn't put the thing down. Now for anyone that asks, yes the book is better than the movie. It always it!
Christine D.
Toronto, Ontario
I read this book after watching the movie. The movie had me fighting back tears at time so I knew I needed to pick up the book too! I like the book a lot better than the movie, the movie concentrated too much on graphics rather than the actual storyline. Hearing Pi's thoughts and fears made the book extremely intense for me.
Nola G.
Winnipeg, MB
A lot of people focus on whether the stories in this book were supposed to be true (in the context that they occurred in the world that the book does) or if it was hallucinations or imagination, but I honestly don't care! The book's imagery was so beautiful and well written. It's just a beautiful story and I will read this book a few more times before I'm done. The movie was also beautifully done!
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Katherine A.
Saint Petersburg, FL
I've heard many pros and cons about this book. I've heard that the Movie is great.. what is with this "certain people should only read this" and its "targeted for certain people". does this book really pertain to racism? In your honest opinion, without ANY racism, please tell me why i should or shouldn't buy this book.
Amy W.
Los Angeles, CA
I saw the movie and loved it so much that I bought the book but never got around to reading it - is it worth it?