BY LIFE OF PI

• Is this book worth reading?1 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is it wort...1 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?1 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Rosemary H.
Great book.
Sonia D.
New haw , Surrey
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This is such a beautifully written book with a beautiful storyline and a moving ending. I would recommend to anyone who enjoys being transported with books to adventures and new discoveries. Much better than the movie that recently came out about it
Slr L.
Newcastle , Newcastle upon Tyne
This book is out standly well written!! The way the author makes it more than just a book but and actual story told by someone is incredible. Overall the book is very nice and even though it is a bit slow when it ends it makes you wonder a lot. I think having watched the movie first also help with the imagery and entertained in the parts that were a bit unnecessarily dragged  because they are really not that much different
Chantal C.
Verdun , AL
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This is a great existential book that deals with life and spiritual journey through metaphor. It will make you laugh and cry and keep you engulfed in the epic journey at sea that the main character faces.
Jeraly P.
Excelente. Tanto el libro como la película me dejaron un poco de incertidumbre... La verdad es que deja un mensaje increíble acerca de la creencia en Dios. Independientemente de la religión en la que prediques. Muchas veces la gente va a creer en algo que sea comprobable o tangible que en algún testimonio de otra persona, sin poder comprobar si es cierto o no. Este libro y la película, son excelentes.
Sydney H.
Such an amazing story of resilience, survival, and self discovery. This was such a beautiful story. The metaphors were so brilliant and well thought out. It was a little slow at the beginning but it was important to set the scene. Once you finish the book, you look back on what you've read and everything becomes more clear and if you read it a second time knowing what happens you find so many little details you missed the first time around.
Kappy N.
Stouffville, Ontario
I like the book but i think i prefer the movie more. Its unusual because i normally loveee books more than movies because they really describe events and characters really well. Other than that, I loved this story :)
Iako P.
Montreal
I read this over the summer in high school because a teacher recommended it to me. I read the first page and it seemed to drag on forever, I honestly had to push myself to get through the first chapter. But after that, I am telling you I couldn't put the thing down. Now for anyone that asks, yes the book is better than the movie. It always it!
Christine D.
Toronto, Ontario
I read this book after watching the movie. The movie had me fighting back tears at time so I knew I needed to pick up the book too! I like the book a lot better than the movie, the movie concentrated too much on graphics rather than the actual storyline. Hearing Pi's thoughts and fears made the book extremely intense for me.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Katherine A.
Saint Petersburg, FL
I've heard many pros and cons about this book. I've heard that the Movie is great.. what is with this "certain people should only read this" and its "targeted for certain people". does this book really pertain to racism? In your honest opinion, without ANY racism, please tell me why i should or shouldn't buy this book.
Amy W.
Los Angeles, CA
I saw the movie and loved it so much that I bought the book but never got around to reading it - is it worth it?