BY LIFE OF PI #94 in Books

• Is this book worth reading?1 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is it wort...1 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?1 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Lucia R.
BIG time Confusing!!! Just like the movie itself. Sometimes it made sense and others just completely lost me. Other than that it was quite interesting.
Brianna  P.
Durham, NC
I liked this book but I wouldn't read it again. The story seemed strange and at some points hard to follow
julie p.
Van buren, AR
I read this book in high school and it was so confusing but once u got into it it turned out to be a good book.
Lindsay T.
Orchard Park, NY
This is a beautifully written novel. If you like a lot of imagery when you are reading you would probably enjoy this book. There is a lot of interesting symbolism. This novel really makes you think.
April G.
Lafayette, LA
Amzing book much more detailed than the movie. the movie does help enhance the visual gratification but the book is better
Gracie B.
The book is a bit boring at times, and drags in forever, but it really shows you the meaning of love and acceptance, the stages of grief.
Sarah G.
Westminster, CO
This was such a fun read. Very creative, very exciting. It sparks your imagination. I really like open endings that you can decide for yourself what happened. Worth the read for sure.
Amanda N.
This book was just okay for me. I read it many years ago and I enjoyed the unique story that was told. Obviously it was an allegory and it can spark some good discussion. Not my favorite book and it can be a bit slow in places, but worth a read.
Brittany J.
This was a great book! I watched the movie and it didn't even compare to the book. The book is genius and so descriptive. Such a great novel!
Ann M.
Gainesville, FL
The ending gets me every time. Such an interesting premise, Life of Pi is like no other book out there.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Katherine A.
Saint Petersburg, FL
I've heard many pros and cons about this book. I've heard that the Movie is great.. what is with this "certain people should only read this" and its "targeted for certain people". does this book really pertain to racism? In your honest opinion, without ANY racism, please tell me why i should or shouldn't buy this book.
Amy W.
Los Angeles, CA
I saw the movie and loved it so much that I bought the book but never got around to reading it - is it worth it?