BY LIFE OF PI #97 in Books

Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Rebecca B.
Rebecca B.
Bedford, OH
I didn't get to read this book I saw the movie though. My brother, however had to read this book for class and i was able to read a part that went perfect along with the movie.
Erika M.
Erika M.
Excellent movie. Have not read the book yet but I assume the story line is just as amazing and inspirational.
Danielle S.
Danielle S.
Staten Island, NY
Great book! It is really well written. I felt it was a little slowgoing in the beginning, but I am glad I did not write it off completely; the ending made it worth it!
Audrey G.
Audrey G.
If you haven't read Life of Pi, get on it. It's a wonderful book with an exciting premise, wonderful writing and a completely thought-provoking and consuming ending.
Amanda T.
Amanda T.
I guess I just don't get it. I t it was all pretty ridiculous and cheesy. The start of the book was interesting, but it turned south fast and at the end I was actually disappointed I had invested my time to read this book. Obviously the majority loves it, so I'm in the minority and I recognize that.
Sophia L.
Sophia L.
San Antonio, TX
I read this book for a school assignment, but ended up really liking it...still need to see the movie though
Keara S.
Keara S.
This book was good, however I had a bit of trouble getting into it at first. I put it down for a few months and then read it again and I liked it!
Amber H.
Amber H.
Capodichino, Naples
Very interesting and engaging book but not worthy to be listed among my absolute favorites.
Christine S.
Christine S.
Somerset, NJ
I feel that while this book can be interesting to read in High school, it is better suited for those who have experienced the world and hardship. Dealing with hardship, faith, and overcoming challenges are the heart of this story. While these topics may not appeal to everyone's taste, I certainly found the book intriguing.
Iako P.
Iako P.
Montreal
I read this over the summer in high school because a teacher recommended it to me. I read the first page and it seemed to drag on forever, I honestly had to push myself to get through the first chapter. But after that, I am telling you I couldn't put the thing down. Now for anyone that asks, yes the book is better than the movie. It always it!
Hannah S.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Amy W.
Amy W.
Los Angeles, CA
I saw the movie and loved it so much that I bought the book but never got around to reading it - is it worth it?
Katherine A.
Katherine A.
Saint Petersburg, FL
I've heard many pros and cons about this book. I've heard that the Movie is great.. what is with this "certain people should only read this" and its "targeted for certain people". does this book really pertain to racism? In your honest opinion, without ANY racism, please tell me why i should or shouldn't buy this book.