BY LIFE OF PI #90 in Books

• Is this book worth reading?1 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is it wort...1 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?1 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Kourtney B.
Kourtney B.
Definitely read this book! It's very eye-opening and really makes you think.
Tenison R.
Tenison R.
P C Beach, FL
This book started out slow, but got very good.
Danielle N.
Danielle N.
Alma, AR
Fantastic movie and even greater book! This is one I enjoy reading annual because I always feel like I discover something new each and every time I read it.
Martinsville, VA
I really liked this book and the writing. The ending was very open to interpretation and I really liked that
Gaby I.
Gaby I.
Wilmington, DE
It took me a bit to get into this book - but once I did, I couldn't put it down. I literally stayed home to finish it! I'm someone who likes concrete endings, so I'm was a bit bummed about this one, but it did not at all take away from the beauty of the book.
Alina L.
Alina L.
Appleton, WI
I thought this book was alright only. When we first started reading this book at school I thought it was super boring, but then also the book went on it was okay.
shipra M.
shipra M.
Jersey City, NJ
I loved movie better....the magnitude of the story hits you in the end the story. The book story doesn't grip me in the beginning...the actual adventure start on the boat. The beautiful narration of the boat part till the end keeps you hooked. the movie was engaging from beginning to the end. After the movie ends your thoughts take u deep a potentially horrific story portrayed excellently
Brittany W.
Brittany W.
To be honest, when I first read this book after being assigned it for school, it absolutely freaked me out. The first bit of it was somewhat slow, but manageable. I did have to keep taking breaks, but for a school assignment, it wasn't bad. Then, the ending. Wow. I have to say, there are few books where I don't guess the plot twist or the "surprise" ending. This book was one of them. I still haven't seen the movie, so I can't compare it to the book yet, but this is definitely worth a read.
Jessica M.
Hated the way this book was written! what a snooze fest. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Caroline F.
Caroline F.
Wilmington, NC
Life of Pi is a rumination on human nature, the ways of faith, and what can be called "truth." This book is highly spiritual and beautifully written--but it is not adventure-filled. A lot of the book is filled with detail of the grueling day to day life of someone lost at sea...and then there's all the stuff about the tiger, too. Too many people saw the movie and expected something very different from the book than what it is, but if you appreciate great writing by an author who can make you believe something as fantastical as what takes place in this book, do yourself a favor and pick it up (and then maybe watch the movie. Or don't. It's really not that good).
Hannah S.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Migdalia Q.
Migdalia Q.
Is the book better than the movie, like it usually is?
Gracie G.
Gracie G.
Was this a good book? Was it a good movie?