BY LIFE OF PI #99 in Books

Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Ashleigh B.
Ashleigh B.
Plymouth, MA
This book was slow, I think this is a rare case where I liked the movie better. I just couldn't get into it, and by the time it started to pick up I had just lost interest.
Kasey J.
Kasey J.
Woodville, WI
I found this book okay I think it would have been better if I hadn't started reading it and a family member turned to me and told me what happens in the middle of the book
Kristy P.
Kristy P.
Saginaw, MI
Great book (and beautiful movie) that tells the story from such a unique perspective. There's nothing not to like about a book that's easy to read yet still tells such a deep story about relationships.
Kathryn M.
Kathryn M.
Durham, NC
Life of Pi was a mandatory reading book for a American Literature class in college. I enjoyed the book - it took you on a thrill and i always wanted to know what happened.

The movie was also really good! it had two different endings in the movie - but you'll have to watch it to know why there are two different endings that were both amazing!
Jackie M.
Jackie M.
This has been at the top of my list for some of my favorite books read! It is such an amazing adventure and seen through the eyes of a child but really through the story of an adult possibly remembering his childhood.
Samantha D.
Samantha D.
Dothan, AL
While this book had some interesting parts, the majority of it was long descriptions. Even as an avid reader, I sometimes found myself drifting off while I was reading. The book also was a bit confusing in its talk of Pi's spirituality, as he has so many different, conflicting spiritual ideals.
Kourtney B.
Kourtney B.
Definitely read this book! It's very eye-opening and really makes you think.
Tenison R.
Tenison R.
P C Beach, FL
This book started out slow, but got very good.
Danielle N.
Danielle N.
Alma, AR
Fantastic movie and even greater book! This is one I enjoy reading annual because I always feel like I discover something new each and every time I read it.
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
Martinsville, VA
I really liked this book and the writing. The ending was very open to interpretation and I really liked that
Hannah S.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Gracie G.
Gracie G.
Was this a good book? Was it a good movie?
Migdalia Q.
Migdalia Q.
Is the book better than the movie, like it usually is?