BY LIFE OF PI #99 in Books

Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Kelsie M.
Kelsie M.
Pleasant Hls, PA
This book will either hook you or bore you.

For me, I'm personally not a huge religious person so the first part of the book was really slow for me. I just wanted to get to the boat. I just couldn't get into it.

I have many friends who loved his religious journey throughout the beginning of the book and then were hooked to finish it. I think that if you think you would enjoy Part 1 of the book then go for it!
Amber H.
Amber H.
Awesome book and awesome movie. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it at first, but I recommend this to anyone!
Molly C.
Molly C.
Bowling Green, KY
I loved Life of Pi!!! I remember rereading the ending chapter a couple of different times trying to find more clues as to what really happened. Great read!
Megan W.
Megan W.
This book will keep you thinking way beyond the final page of the story. This is a wonderfully written tale that is hard to put down.
Kaleigh B.
Kaleigh B.
Chenoa, IL
I thought this book was decent. However, it did start out slow and I did not like the ending. This was on of the VERY rare times where I preferred the movie to the book...
Kylie T.
Kylie T.
Life of Pi is imaginative and a great tale about the human psyche. What you believe is up to you, and even if you don't enjoy a philosophical mind-game this is still a beautiful story.
shay b.
shay b.
Naperville, IL
I watched this on my way back from Singapore. I cried a lot. Not the best for while in flight, but it was definitely entertaining and really makes you think.
Katie P.
Katie P.
Just as boring as the movie. I did not like this at all!
Haley A.
Haley A.
Washington, DC
The first time I read it I'll have to admit, I was a little confused. Still loved it though. However the second time I read it, things fell into place. Amazing, unique, and a page turner.
Tamara S.
Tamara S.
A lot of people talked about how the beginning was slow, but I loved Pi's journey through the different religions, piecing together the idea that the three main religions of the world are connected--because they are all Abrahamic religions. And then when the shipwreck happened, things got even more amazing. If you've read the book and loved it, then watch the movie because it puts everything into a beautiful perspective that you would've never imagined.
Hannah S.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Amy W.
Amy W.
Los Angeles, CA
I saw the movie and loved it so much that I bought the book but never got around to reading it - is it worth it?
Katherine A.
Katherine A.
Saint Petersburg, FL
I've heard many pros and cons about this book. I've heard that the Movie is great.. what is with this "certain people should only read this" and its "targeted for certain people". does this book really pertain to racism? In your honest opinion, without ANY racism, please tell me why i should or shouldn't buy this book.