BY LIFE OF PI #90 in Books

• Is this book worth reading?1 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is it wort...1 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?1 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Perrysburg, OH
I read Life of Pi after a friend recommended it to me. The story is interesting, and the writing is beautiful. I loved it. Then, I got to the end, and it crushed my soul.
Kimberly B.
Kimberly B.
Germantown , Md
BUT it never happened. I gave it the old college try, but this book just never got there for me. I found it boring, hard to follow, and hard to get through. I read books voraciously, so after hearing all the rave reviews, I tried so hard to get through it. I actually felt kind of bad about myself when I was done with it, because I just didn't get it and I felt like I should have gotten something out of it, the way people were talking about this book. Just my opinion, but this was not for me.
Debra M.
Debra M.
North Augusta, SC
SUCH A GOOD BOOK. A must read, I was very excited that they turned it into a movie but I'm always much happier with the original book.
Roxy G.
Roxy G.
Rochester, NY
I picked up this book about 10 years ago while my family was on a skiing trip in NH. It was on the top seller shelf and I was drawn to the word Pi in the title so I curled up with a blanket next to the fire and learned quickly it was a beautifully clever story of a man named Pi. When the preview aired I called out "Life of Pi" moments into the clip and my son asked how I knew the name. I told him that this book deserved to be seen by all. Although the book is always better, I feel that the movie was worthy.
Kelsie M.
Kelsie M.
Pleasant Hls, PA
This book will either hook you or bore you.

For me, I'm personally not a huge religious person so the first part of the book was really slow for me. I just wanted to get to the boat. I just couldn't get into it.

I have many friends who loved his religious journey throughout the beginning of the book and then were hooked to finish it. I think that if you think you would enjoy Part 1 of the book then go for it!
Amber H.
Amber H.
Awesome book and awesome movie. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it at first, but I recommend this to anyone!
Molly C.
Molly C.
Bowling Green, KY
I loved Life of Pi!!! I remember rereading the ending chapter a couple of different times trying to find more clues as to what really happened. Great read!
Megan W.
Megan W.
This book will keep you thinking way beyond the final page of the story. This is a wonderfully written tale that is hard to put down.
Kaleigh B.
Kaleigh B.
Chenoa, IL
I thought this book was decent. However, it did start out slow and I did not like the ending. This was on of the VERY rare times where I preferred the movie to the book...
Kylie T.
Kylie T.
Life of Pi is imaginative and a great tale about the human psyche. What you believe is up to you, and even if you don't enjoy a philosophical mind-game this is still a beautiful story.
Hannah S.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Migdalia Q.
Migdalia Q.
Is the book better than the movie, like it usually is?
Gracie G.
Gracie G.
Was this a good book? Was it a good movie?