BY LIFE OF PI #97 in Books

Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Olivia N.
Olivia N.
Just as with the movie, I found myself not quite understanding the hype that surrounded this book. It's definitely different, shocking at times, but that didn't make it as impacting a read for me.
Blanca G.
Blanca G.
Kissimmee, FL
Awesome...such a great story. If you don't enjoy reading (can't imagine how) at least watch the movie. Inspiring.
Curtis E.
Curtis E.
Where to begin. Ever since this book was released in 2001 on one of the most terror filled days in american history, it has given us an unwavering view of world religions and many aspects of these religions. While exploring many different symbols and discovering hidden clues, readers will be enthralled in Pi's character and how he kept his sanity those 227 days stranded out at sea.
Traci S.
Traci S.
Rexburg, ID
This book is a little slow and hard to get into at first. If I wasn't reading it
for a book club I probably wouldn't have finished it. I am glad I did though
as it did finally get interesting and gave the reader lots to think about.
Melisa H.
Melisa H.
Oak Lawn, IL
It was hard for me to get into, but I'm glad I finally finished it.
Stephanie H.
Stephanie H.
This is a really good book! I loved it way better than the movie and often suggest it to people when looking for a good read.
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Perrysburg, OH
I read Life of Pi after a friend recommended it to me. The story is interesting, and the writing is beautiful. I loved it. Then, I got to the end, and it crushed my soul.
Kimberly B.
Kimberly B.
Germantown , Md
BUT it never happened. I gave it the old college try, but this book just never got there for me. I found it boring, hard to follow, and hard to get through. I read books voraciously, so after hearing all the rave reviews, I tried so hard to get through it. I actually felt kind of bad about myself when I was done with it, because I just didn't get it and I felt like I should have gotten something out of it, the way people were talking about this book. Just my opinion, but this was not for me.
Debra M.
Debra M.
North Augusta, SC
SUCH A GOOD BOOK. A must read, I was very excited that they turned it into a movie but I'm always much happier with the original book.
Roxy G.
Roxy G.
Rochester, NY
I picked up this book about 10 years ago while my family was on a skiing trip in NH. It was on the top seller shelf and I was drawn to the word Pi in the title so I curled up with a blanket next to the fire and learned quickly it was a beautifully clever story of a man named Pi. When the preview aired I called out "Life of Pi" moments into the clip and my son asked how I knew the name. I told him that this book deserved to be seen by all. Although the book is always better, I feel that the movie was worthy.
Hannah S.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Amy W.
Amy W.
Los Angeles, CA
I saw the movie and loved it so much that I bought the book but never got around to reading it - is it worth it?
Katherine A.
Katherine A.
Saint Petersburg, FL
I've heard many pros and cons about this book. I've heard that the Movie is great.. what is with this "certain people should only read this" and its "targeted for certain people". does this book really pertain to racism? In your honest opinion, without ANY racism, please tell me why i should or shouldn't buy this book.