BY LIFE OF PI #99 in Books

Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Amanda S.
Amanda S.
Aiea, HI
I liked this book because it was one of those that make you think. The story was compelling, full of adventure, and I liked the characters. The only thing I didn't care for was that the progression was a bit slow, especially in the beginning. Stick with it, it gets better! :)

Karrie S.
Karrie S.
I've read thousands of all kinds of books, and there are only a few that I have put down because I couldn't get through the slow part. This is one of them. I remember the novel being very wordy and not interesting. Some people like this kind of writing, but I was bored and I couldn't concentrate to get through it. I picked it up because it has received awards and a friend recommended it to me, but there was something about it that bored me to tears. I give it a D because there are people who think it's a great book, unfortunately I couldn't get through it to say it was.
Rosemary H.
Rosemary H.
Charlotte, NC
What an amazing story :)
Sarah B.
Sarah B.
Temple, TX
The overall impression of this book in the beginning is boring and slow; it takes reading it twice to realize the genius of the entire novel. It is incredible. I read it once for pleasure and re-read it again when it was assigned for school and it was amazing how much more I understood and enjoyed the book. I was literally sitting in awe as I read and understood the true depths of the "boring" intro. If you must, skim through the first part of the book, but go back after you have read the story and you will finally understand why it is absolutely brilliant.
Krystal G.
Krystal G.
Pataskala, OH
I enjoyed Life of Pi because it was such a unique tale. It was times thrilling, other times heartbreaking, occasionally funny, and heartwarming. Pi definitely takes you through the emotional wringer, but it's worth it.
monica h.
monica h.
Brooklyn, NY
Such a heartbreaking movie! i loved it and cry like a baby on it! definitely entertaining a
Virginia L.
Virginia L.
Lewisberry, PA
This book was just ok. It was really boring at first, but then it got better the last 3/4s of the book. ok, not a bad read, but not the best!
Brittni S.
Brittni S.
Milwaukee, WI
Both the book and the movie were good to watch and read. Quite entertaining.
Becky S.
Becky S.
Tacoma, WA
This has to be one of the best books I've ever read. I've never read a book more than once, except for this one. The movie was okay, but the book is a personal favorite.
Brittany G.
Brittany G.
Arlington, VA
Fantastically written story and beautiful book. One that will leave you thinking for a long time after you put it down.
Hannah S.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Gracie G.
Gracie G.
Was this a good book? Was it a good movie?
Migdalia Q.
Migdalia Q.
Is the book better than the movie, like it usually is?