BY LIFE OF PI

• Is this book worth reading?1 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is it wort...1 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?1 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Amy R.
Alpharetta, GA
So, I am not thinking "life changing" or anything but a very good story. It was almost like you are on an adventure with Pi and it's a very creative adventure. I can only think to compare it to those old Disney Sunday movies. Pi's time on the life boat was the most interesting to me. Before that, I felt like the book was dragging a bit and in the end I was slightly disappointed but I think overall it was a really good read! Fun, if nothing else and you get to learn a lot about animals! :)
Leticia L.
BURLINGTON, MA
I loved this book and was so happy when it was made into a movie. This book is so pretty and well written. It tells the story of Piscine Molitor "Pi" Patel, an Indian boy who explores issues of spirituality and practicality from an early age. Pi is raised as a Hindu who practices vegetarianism. At the age of fourteen, he investigates Christianity and Islam, and decides to become an adherent of all three religions, much to his parents' dismay, saying he "just wants to love God." He tries to understand God through the lens of each religion, and comes to recognize benefits in each one - I found this particularly interesting.
A few years later Pi's father decides to sell his zoo and emigrate with his wife and sons to Canada. Pi survives 227 days after a shipwreck while stranded on a lifeboat in the Pacific Ocean with a Bengal tiger named Richard Parker. Both the book and the movie will make you laugh, cry and will melt your heart all at once.
Brittney S.
Fort Payne, AL
I personally feel that the book is not there to give a good feeling. I read it to the end but I admit there were some points in the book where I felt impatient. However, this is a good reason to continue reading it rather than put it down! I feel like it gets better as it goes along (most of the first part of the book was a little bit pointless in my opinion) and most definitely the third part of the book is extremely crucial to the entire story. I urge you to find the time to fit it in your schedule as you will find out that it is more than just a boy stuck on a boat with a tiger.
Megan P.
Buffalo, NY
I remember picking up this book on a whim not expecting much, and finishing it wanting more. The Life of Pi is as quirky as it is captivating. Although the book is a bit gruesome and takes some nasty turns, overall the story of perseverance you see is one that keeps you engaged and reading until the very end!
Ana C.
I haven't read the book yet :-( but did have an opportunity to watch the film. I did really enjoy the film and have high expectations for the book, which I plan on reading soon. Seems the book is always better.
Tina H.
Van Nuys , CA
So I saw the movie first but did not really pay any attention to it. I discussed some movies with a co-worker and as she explained this movie's plot, I knew I had to read the book. Although I knew the storyline, it was still intriguing to read.
katherine c.
miami, FL
esta pelicula sin duda alguna me conmovio muchisimo es de esas peliculas que vale la pena ver miles de veces ya que te hace llamado a reflexion!!! es buenisima para verla con toda la familia chicos se las recomiendo con los ojos cerrados es bellisima
Maria M.
Latham, NY
I loved this book! I watched the film before reading the book and I loved both of them. It's a smart, deep and allegorical story. I enjoy short chapters so this was good for me. Best scene was the three religious men arguing about Pi's religion. Found it really smartly done and funny. Loved that bit the most.
Abigail T.
Newark , NY
Bookworm Expert
I read this book in high school and I really enjoyed it. I later watched the movie but I like the book a lot better because I feel like you understand more the struggle Pi goes through. I would definitely recommend reading this book.
Xen H.
Bookworm Expert
I love this book.. i've watched the film also with family and it's one of our favorite.. it has a very good story and it will keep you curious and interested.. beautiful beautiful story and will def recommend this
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Migdalia Q.
Is the book better than the movie, like it usually is?
Gracie G.
Was this a good book? Was it a good movie?