BY LIFE OF PI #90 in Books

• Is this book worth reading?1 Answers
  • I have this on my bookshelf but haven't got to it yet, is it wort...1 Answers
  • Is the book better then the movie ?1 Answers
Life of Pi
  • "I remember reading this book for summer reading for high school and at first I couldn't get into it and after the first chapter I didn't want to put the book down." in 6 reviews
Kayla C.
Kayla C.
I read this book two years ago, but when we discussed it this month for book club, I remembered how much I liked it. A good discussion always ups my appreciation of a novel as does an ending that makes me requestion my givens in the story. I find myself reading contradictory interpretations and agreeing with both sides. That's the beauty of symbolism: as long as you back up your cause, it's plausible.
Natalie M.
Natalie M.
Shakopee, MN
This book is very intelligently written. I love the idea that the main character loves god so much that he practices all religions. There is a lot of symbolism in this book and deep thinking at the end. I am not sure the movie really did it justice. If you like smart books this is for you.
Miranda W.
Miranda W.
North Port, FL
I read this book in high school and I must admit it was one of those books where I didn't really want to read it so I didn't start until halfway through. But what I did read was pretty good. It was interesting enough to make me go watch the movie so I could catch up on what was going on.
MaryCaroline G.
MaryCaroline G.
St Petersburg, FL
This book is difficult to get into. It was required my freshman year, and honestly I just read the spark notes. A few years later I heard there was a movie coming out, so I thought I would give it a shot. Two chapters in I couldn't stop reading, go read it.
Arianna Z.
Arianna Z.
This is one of my all time favorites. The story line was so unique and honestly, refreshing. The main character was so dynamic. The one part that really stuck with me is when he was discussing religion with his mother. I still quote this book to this day.
Ginnine K.
Ginnine K.
Lewiston, ID
What a journey this book takes you on! Don't give up when you're spending many pages adrift but take in the feeling and be one with the main character. This one will keep you guessing even after you finish it and close the book!
Shea C.
Shea C.
Tellico Plns, TN
It took me several tries to get into this book. The beginning is just unbelievable slow and bogs you down like quick sand. However I finally fought my way thru and the book became enjoyable after my rough start. Very good read.
Bianca A.
Bianca A.
This book is a great read. Yes it can be pretty slow at times but other than that it is a great book. It takes you on such an amazing journey I'm glad I picked it up at Barnes in noble. I highly recommend.
Brittany R.
Brittany R.
Grove City, PA
I read this book in high school and thought is was okay. Some parts move extremely slow (he is the only character on the boat after all). The only part that really makes this book good is the ending.
Ashley B.
Ashley B.
I loved this book - full of adventure and mystery and masterful storytelling. But I don't like the ending....sorry, no spoilers!
Hannah S.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Which story do you believe and why?
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Holyoke, MA
Would you recommend this book? Should I read it?
Victoria A.
Victoria A.
Warren, OH
Loved the movie, is the book just as good....or better? or hopefully not worse ?
Migdalia Q.
Migdalia Q.
Is the book better than the movie, like it usually is?
Gracie G.
Gracie G.
Was this a good book? Was it a good movie?