Life Game Ages 9+

You ve gotta go where life leads you-and this Life leads to lotsa laughs! Spin the wheel of fate, then drive your car token along the hilarious game path of fortune.  Your goal is to dodge bad luck and make a buck! Retire with the biggest fortune, and you ll win! On the way, pick up valuable Life Tiles for good deeds. Find out if you ll go to college... have children... produce a rock video... get tattoos removed... or go on a tropical vacation! You never know what Life has in store for you-it s different every time you play! For 2 to 6 players. A 2002 Parents Choice Classic Award Winner.

Iss it good boardgame?
Is this game good for younger kids?
I love board games and always looking for a good once. Could you please advice, if this game is interesting?
Start your review of Life Game Ages 9+!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“I played this when i was younger ,It is so much fun to play fun night with friends............................” in reviews
Gilbert
 loved this game as a child and figured I would loved to play this with my daughter on our game night.
The game is great and the Action cards make players dance, sing, tell funny jokes and some other fun things.
Overall I love the game.
Only reason I gave it only 4.5 stars in one my wheel(picture above) is out of line with the numbers, red and black squares...which makes it difficult to play when you have to pick between red and black. I have tried fixing but it keeps going back to same position it came in.
Second per picture above I recieved 2 pink cars...according to the cardboard place markers(picture above) one car should of been silver...which isnt a big deal. Until you have to girls playing and both want pink. Then during playing game both land on same square and they can't figure which game piece belongs to them.
I hoping my game was a glitch and others don't have this problem
Overall fun game. Worth the price.
Overall I love the game.
I hoping my game was a glitch and others don't have this problem
Overall fun game. Worth the price.
Holdenville, OK
In order to enjoy this game do not compare it to the original one. My kids (ages 6 and 9) love this game. They love a lot of the newer aspects like the different careers, the night school option to get a new career and the family path that gives more opportunities for having babies. The action cards are fun because some of them have start family conversation which is fun. One says "You started a band" (you either earn some money or have to pay for starting the band I forgot) and then it says what instruments does everyone play? Those questions just add to the fun. There are only a couple cons in my opinion. I am sad it is only 4 players and not 6. If you choose not to go to college you are probably not going to win. The jobs without college make $70,000 or less and the college jobs make $80,000-$120,000 or $130,000. I wish there was more of a chance for a career without college to make more money. I do miss the car and house insurances too! Overall it is a very fun game and my kids love to play it over and over again.
Keizer
I bought this as we love to play games with our kids at least every other night to build a sense of togetherness and to have fun. It's a bit more complicated than the original version and the banker should definitely be an adult as there seems to be an awful lot of nuances in this complex game. Just be sure to read the 'manual' that comes inside of it, front to back, because there are alot of things you get money for, you have to stop on stops to get your wife/kids/decide on night school and then proceed with the rest of your spaces. That part can be confusing if you land on a stop that requires you to spin because you have to remember your original spaces. I suggest having everyone remember what you spin and how many spaces you have moved before doing the Stop activities. Still, a fun game and good for decision making and having kids deal with consequences of their decisions.
When you are a child playing Life is the most original experience. There have been digitized versions that SIMulate Life. But we need to get back to Board Games. I recommend Life to other parents and children. We are a screen addicted society and we need family and social interaction. The Game of Life briefly and in understandable terminology serves as as introduction of the demands and joys of a human life span. You get married, get divorced, have children, have none. You pay bills, buy cars, houses. Children can be introduced to what typically happens when you grow up. They use their imagination as they move around the board using simplistic people pegs and cars. The Game of Life inspires children and families to communicate while also serving as a teachable moment.
The newer version of the Game of Life is not my favorite. I grew up with the classic game, spinner choose cards, life cards and loved it. We had bought one of these and played it all the time with my family. But sadly the dog liked it too, but not to play, to eat! So we purchased the "new" version and I don't care for it as much, there are still some of the original things I like about it there but now it takes sooo long, you have to do an activity and sometimes physical activities too which is fine but sometimes take alot of time and room. It can be a little long and can get a little boring at times. Life Game Ages 9++
I have always loved this game since childhood and still play it on occasion now. The newer version has a more flimsy spinner that often jams due to the paper background. The red and black disks used to mark selected numbers in a action card get slid all around the spinner so we dont bother using them and just pick numbers outloud. Overall its a great fun game. You get to get married, pick a career, pick a house, have lots of babies and a pet. My friends daughter loves to see how many babies she can get and often fills her car full especially with twins. One recommendation for hasbro is bigger cars with more pegs.
Woodbury, MN
I was not very impressed while playing   , It might be because I am a little older than their demographic age but still, I found the game a little too repetitive and not in a good way. You start off with either going to college or just into the workforce, but as we played we all realized that it didn't really matter whether you had attended college or not. Then the rest of the game is up to chance. I'm a very strategic gamer and I like to plan ahead, with this game it's all up to chance and what number you roll. So if you like that, this would be the game for you ut definitely not the game for me or my family.
Millington, MI
It's ok. The Game of Life was literally my favorite as a child. This one has some reminiscent aspects of it but I'm not a fan of the "improvements". It feels like you fly through the game much faster and that there are fewer obstacles to getting to the end. There also feel like there are fewer choices for the directions of "your life" to go in. Just less fun and exciting overall. Nice graphics and colorful, fun pegs and board. Cute touch adding pets. I just miss more from the old one than what I like from the new one. I'd recommend finding a vintage version and get that instead. That's my plan anyway!
I loved playing Life Game Ages 9++ growing up, admittingly, I was less than 9 when doing so. I remember being SO intrigued with the little car pieces and pegs you initially get then add on to as you marry and have kids. It was a fun way of playing pretend. Additionally you can go to college, have a career, build a family...and see what happens when plot twists are introduced, up until retirement. The newer games now feature "Payday Bonus" spaces, which helps players to earn extra cash. To win you must retire as the wealthiest player. Do YOU have what it takes to win The Game of Life game? ;)
Calera, AL
My little ones asked for this game for Christmas and they had a ball playing with it. Life is a fun game because it doesn't quite start the fights you get from Monopoly or Risk. By the time you get to the end, everybody is pretty much ready to be done playing. The other thing is that even if you lose, you usually retire with several million dollars, so you figure you'll be okay. The only in game assault on another player is when they roll your magic number and you have to pay them 20k, or the occasional fine from an action card. But the numbers on these are minimal and don't cause hard feelings.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...