BY GREG BERLANTI

In the romantic comedy "Life as We Know It," Holly Berenson (Katherine Heigl) is an up-and-coming restaurateur and Eric Messer (Josh Duhamel) is a promising network sports director. After a disastrous blind date, the only thing they have in common is their dislike for each other and their love for their goddaughter, Sophie. But when they suddenly become all Sophie has in the world, Holly and Messer are forced to put their differences aside. Juggling career ambitions and competing social calendars, they'll have to find some common ground while living under one roof.

Buy on Jet.com
  • "Such a cute movie and I definitely like all of Katherine Heigls movies." in 8 reviews
  • "sad but sweet movie about two relative strangers trying to raise some kiddos.. cute romantic comedy/drama.." in 7 reviews
  • "It's a great movie however I hate that Katherine Heigl plays the same character in every movie pretty much." in 6 reviews
Elizabeth H.
Kent, WA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love these actors.... they have great chemistry on screen... not to mention the movie was funny (like i expected it to be) and also had those sad moments that made you wanna cry. I own this movie and would lend it out to any of my friends looking for something to watch!
Bethany I.
Springfield, MO
A cute romantic comedy with a baby-sized plot twist. The movie was a more realistic, yet funny take on "surprise" parents. I liked how it showed sadness and real grieving in the movie and ended with triumph.
Vanessa M.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I thought this movie was a very sweet one. it had me wanting to see what will happen with the baby. must admit tho it was predictable. you would already know the outcome of who the baby stays with and why.
Lauren N.
Pekin, IL
This movie is beautiful. It shows how these two people who are total opposites come together to raise a baby, even though they cant stand each other. In the end they fall in love and its just the best movie. Melissa is an amazing actress and did a great job playing her role.
kathy W.
Bullhead city , AZ
I thought this movie was very cute. It was heart warming in how they came together in loss and became a family with the love of a child! My husband even liked it. Some of the "struggles" as new parents hit close to home! =)
Racheal H.
MARYVILLE, TN
Such a great movie! Enjoyed it through the tears and laughter. I truly believe this would express pretty accurately if two adults were thrown into this situation together. It's a must watch!
Kristina W.
Rochester, NH
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Great actors. Great plot. I honestly feel like this is a great movie to watch on a cuddly night in with your significant other. Really makes you realize what's important in life.
Sam G.
This movie was awesome! I am not much of a "chick flick" fan, but this was a great movie. The main characters worked really well together, it was a very interesting take on a romantic comedy. Really enjoyed it, and highly recommend it.
Christina M.
Livermore, CA
Such a great movie! This movie can come on any channel and although I've seen it a million times I will sit and watch it again and even sit through all of the commercials.
Kayce C.
Love this movie! I really think Katherine Heigl does an amazing job in it. I was laughing (and crying a bit too) throughout the entire movie. It's a perfect romantic comedy.
Vanessa c.
Who doesn't love this movie?