Lies For The Liars (Explicit Version)

by Reprise

Personnel: John Feldmann (vocals, keyboards, percussion, programming); Ashley Grobmeyer, Joe Manganiello, Danny Feinberg, Feldy, Arin Older, Jeph, Julianne Feldman, Monique Powell, Dan Whitesides (vocals); Bert McCracken (piano); Dean Butterworth (drums, percussion).Audio Mixer: Chris Lord-Alge. Recording information: Foxy Studios, Los Angeles, CA; Pacific Ocean; Terrance Ave, Moss Beach, CA. Photographer: Alex Pardee. Just as My Chemical Romance considerably expanded its sonic scope with 2006's THE BLACK PARADE, fellow brooding emo act the Used opted to expand its sound with '07's LIES FOR THE LIARS, the band's first studio album since '04's IN LOVE AND DEATH. Evidence of this change is immediately apparent on the album's lead single, "The Bird and the Worm," which is heralded by ominous Wagnerian strings, and impressively showcases frontman Bert McCracken's dynamic vocals. Clearly eager to shed the "emo" tag, the Utah-based group unabashedly moves into metal territory throughout much of LIES, a notion reinforced by the slinky, hard-rock-like "Pretty Handsome Awkward." Though some Used fans may long for the ensemble's angsty earlier work, most listeners will be too floored by this record's aggressive and visionary new aesthetic to care.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Lies For The Liars (Explicit Version)!
How would you rate this product?
Riah W.
2,039 reviews
I love this album. The Used is an amazing band and I used to listen to them all of the time. I love the lead singers voice and I've been listening to The Used for years. All of their albums are great. They're a great band if you're into darker themes and great instrumentals.

Looking for your answer?