BY LG #50 in Smartphones

What makes the Optimus F3 smartphone special? Designed with features like Vu Talk and QSlide, this smartphone is a step above the rest. And for your viewing pleasure, the 4" diagonal touchscreen display puts everything at your fingertips. see more...

Vivian J.
Mc Connellsbg, PA
Techie Expert Level 1
This phone sucks, it just SUCKS. I cant download hardly anything on it. BARELY ANY APPS. I cant download any new things or hardly download apps because they are all too new for this phone. i would not recommend this to others. Go find another BETTER phone than this! I sure am going to.
Kate H.
El Paso, TX
Most of the reviews on this phone are pretty accurate. The F3 is relatively compact and comfy in hand. The screen resolution is far from the sharpest available but photos and text and images seem especially vibrant on this phone compared to most in the same price range on Virgin. Build quality though, while super plistic-y, seems solidly made. 4G speed is as good as promised, it's rather sad storage limitations mean you can't make the best use of heftier apps and games in your library.

The LG skin slid over the Android OS (4.1) is not especially exciting, in fact, it's rather text heavy, yet, very clear and easy to navigate through. It's unlikely you'll get confused locating your apps and the various features of the F3 using it. Speaking of apps, LG must be seriously penalized for shipping a phone with only 1.2GB of useable memory and then blocking users from installing apps on a (up to 32GB!) memory card. Many have blamed the version of Android for this horrific problem- it ain't true. The blame falls squarely in LG for this this terrible design choice as there is no reason for any current Android phone to not be able to store and run apps from a card with ease. Sure, storing music, video and other media on the card is nice. But with so, so many apps available that can easily be run from the space of a SD card, intentionally crippling a good product like this is both insulting and infuriating.

For instance, the F3 comes with Polaris' document viewer. A decent enough program. However, if you should want to want to edit or create such docs in the bus depot- you'll need an app like Polaris Office or QuickOffice. These are comparatively large programs, so, you'll chew up lots of system RAM
Nikki G.
Old Orchard Beach, ME
Honestly it should cost $200 and is as good in Hardware as the Samsung Galaxy S2 and Victory easily. Actually it runs circles around the Samsung S3 MINI @ $249 but its not unlocked (Big advantage there). On Apps to SD card I know for sure every cell has this problem but its ONLY BECAUSE GOOGLE CHANGED IT and never a manufacturer.
It also specs in most areas just like the Iphone 4S too but you get more features and PRICE LOL!!!!!!! Worse thing about LG F3 is the User Interface is very busy and too much in my opinion.
OK so you get a great performer with Huge battery and lots of good features just like Samsung Touchwiz but I don't really like the White Interface in Settings and elsewhere (BIG Deal). ONLY BAD is small user rom of 1.2gig and NO Auto Brite.
Has a stronger black level than my Nexus 4 but I miss the Auto Brightness. But thats it so far. Buy it!! I like it and I use a Nexus 4 also.
After studying the Passmark System I'm getting it down now pretty well so I'm sure of whats here. Remember as more people submit benchmarks they can decrease or increase depending on the OS state.
Performance Benchmarks lets you see EXACTLY where these cells fit in the power and performance range. You can download the Passmark Test from Google Play yourself and run several for an average but make sure all open Apps are closed and reboot once. Then about 15 to 100 people submit these Benchmarks for every phone around and the guys Average them out so they are right on. Individual tests for CPU, Disk and Memory reads & writes, with 2D & 3D Video comprise the OVERALL Passmark System Performance. Seems to be that around 2000 Passmark is the perfect match for great performance overall.
Phillip N.
San Jose, CA
My most recent T-Mobile devices have been an SIII and the LG L9. With the exception of LTE the SIII was superior in every way so this review will focus on the comparing the F3 to the L9. I got mine on here on Amazon for $199 but I've seen the price since come down to $188 on two occasions. The F3 has a slightly lower resolution but the smaller screen makes up for this. The processor is faster at 1.2GHz vs 1.0GHz and is noticeable. It won't blow your doors off but day to day you'll notice the slight lag between similar tasks get smaller. Available space is the same but thats not saying much as I ran into space problems with the L9 and was never able to get it rooted (too difficult). I've read some people have gotten the F3 rooted via motochopper which makes me optimistic. I will try this method and update when complete. As for the battery, there's a lot of talk about the battery size vs the screen size and how it should result in better life. To be honest, I'm only seeing a couple more hours of additional use but I have a heavy user with lots of screen time and data use (unlimited). HSDPA is very power efficient versus LTE and that's becoming apparen't with the F3. The main drawback of the L9 was the inclusion of a 21Mbps radio vs the 42Mbps the SIII had. To me 42Mbps felt as fast as Verizon LTE. I would frequently see 10-15Mbps in the Chicagoland area which is more than enough to be usable and I would have been happy to keep the SIII. Due to marketing necessities T-Mobile had to move to LTE. The day T-Mobile began reframing in Chicago I saw my HSDPA speeds drastically drop and my latency skyrocket epically in the Loop. I've been told these are not related but I doubt it and was very unhappy with my service.
Patrice C.
York, SC
Techie Expert Level 1
This is probably the worst phone. Its memeory itself is a disappointing feature. Thw phone freezes and runs out of memory very quickly. Camera is deplorable. I would say this is a waste of money.
Melissa T.
Topeka, KS
A decent starter smartphone. I liked the camera and editing options it offered. The pre installed apps were okay. However! When I purchased the phone I was not informed that I could not store my apps on my external SD card . So I was left with only 8 megabytes of memory total for application storage. I was constantly having to delete apps. When Google recently updated their programs my phone ran out of memory. As a result of this my phone locked up and would never restarted.
Shannon G.
Pendleton, OR
Overall the phone is okay I have used it for a year now. My BIG problem with it is the storage, it quite honestly is horrible. There is no option to move apps to the SD card so you cant even free up space. I am limited to using 4 apps of my choosing and all others which I don't even use I cant remove. sound on speaker phone is horrid, pictures are just okay. it is frustrating, I will be buying a new phone soon. The up side is the battery is awesome.
demi b.
Orange park, FL
Techie Expert Level 3
I have used the LG Optimus F3 Android for my last phone I had. It had great picture quality, great sound.. actually had amazing sound that a lot of people would ask me what type of phone I had because the volume was so loud on the music part. And I just loved how the keyboard was &the six fit good in my hand. Even thogh I would somtimes like a bigger phone. Thus phone is acutely a very decent size for anyone!
Jennifer R.
Bozrah, CT
This is definitely not the best phone lg has ever put out, but overall, as a brand i stand by lg products. They offer quality products at very reasonable prices. That goes for all of their products/lines and not just their cell phones. The phone itself is a good value for the price you pay although it could stand to come with more internal device storage
destynee h.
Jonesboro, GA
So far I love my new Optimus F3. I upgraded to the LG Optimus F3 from the LG Optimus Elite. It was truly a worthwhile upgrade. Best parts I like about the Optimus F3 is that it have a more powerful processor, more RAM memory, a larger screen, a newer version of jellybean and a front and rear camera. All these new feature gave me no regrets about dropping my Elite for the F3. The Optimus F3 have given me a totally new smartphone experience. Everything downloads faster, all applications load and operate faster and everything looks better.