Lg LG 55LN5700 55" 1080p Smart TV LED with LG NB3530A Sound Bar

BY LG #1 in Televisions

LG's LN5400 delivers stunning picture quality. With LED backlighting you get amazing brightness, clarity and color detail. With TruMotion 120Hz your action movies and sports will look crystal clear with virtually no motion blur. see more...

• Does anyone else have this mounted on the wall?3 Answers
  • My boyfriend desperately wants to buy a smart tv, but I d...3 Answers
  • Is this a great TV for a bedroom6 Answers
Lg LG 55LN5700 55
Lg LG 55LN5700 55" 1080p Smart TV LED with LG NB3530A Sound Bar
Anthony M.
Columbia Hts, MN
Ok so buying a T.V. can be maddening. There are a lot of choices out there. I have looked at massive reviews both professional and customer. I went into the store to buy the new Panasonic 55 St60. Cnet gave this Panasonic it's highest recommend. So with me excited about purchasing this T.V., watching Blu-ray's, playing video games (which is very important to me) and seeing some awesome technology my wife turned my day upside down. She started pointed to this television which was next to the Panny. Then I played with the remote and used the Picture Wizard II which is a self help calibration tool that should be the standard for all televisions. I kid you not I had this set looking better than any T.V. in the store. Other customers noticed and even the employees were a little taken aback. So we purchased it. After two weeks I was having remorse because every review is talking about the St60 Panasonic. So I was going to return it but my wife again stepped in lol. And people she has never really cared about what the picture looks like. Especially to those of us who do the research and want the Best. Period. Tonight I thanked her and told her she had an eye for a great picture. I talked my Dad into buying the Panasonic St50 last year and we were over today watching it. Great T.V. don't get me wrong. But here is the deal..
The colors Pop on this LG. When you calibrate it and please play with the settings and use the PICTURE WIZARD the blacks are black, the white's are white and the Contrast is near perfect. Video Games look amazing and no BLUR. Blu-ray's are jaw dropping. And I had a 2008 Sony XBR LCD that looked good. This blows it away.
Smart T.V. is huge for us. We were using the PS3 for Vudu, Amazon, etc. Now we stream right from the television. And the LG's smoke the competition when it comes to using this feature. We just finished Game of Thrones in HDX and amazing picture. Also the update feature is key. You can either manually do it or you have the option to do automatic updates. Sweet Feature for us. So if you want a smart T.V. go look at the reviews on the LG's.
Sound: This television has the best sound on the market. Period. We have it on 6 or 8 for regular TV and 13 to 14 for movies. It goes much, much higher than that. No Sound Bar required unless that's a must for you. Amazing sound.
4 HDMI Ports. This is VERY important for someone like myself. Cable box, Ps3, Xbox 360, and Wii-U. So many televisions even in 2013 only come with three ports. so the 4th port was huge.
So: I'm not trying to talk anyone out of buying a Panasonic Plasma. They are a sweet television in my opinion. Sweet. But I surprised myself and other people when they see this picture. My dad is bummed because he likes the Pop of Contrast colour's this T.V. turns out. The plasma's are amazing at getting that true black I love it. However when looking at these two Televisions side by side, the Plasma looked a little greyed out compared to this.
It really comes down of course to what do you like. What are your needs and what benefit does the T.V. your buying have to meet those. And of course does it look great watching it. This television is AMAZING and priced great. For those reviews of those who have had problems I'm sorry. As consumers we are all rolling the dice and it's unfortunate to me. My opinion is every store should honor a two year or one year return policy no questions asked. The reason is technology is moving so fast that the life-span is not long and they are all tempermental. Burn in issues, power block problems, etc, etc. We should not have to suffer as consumers when we are all basically beta-testers while they make more advanced sets. AKA 4K which has arrived already. So when we spend our hard earned money on these fun Toy's at least when they fail switch them out and take care of us as customers.
So Glad my Wife put her foot down on this television. Great buy you won't be disappointed I hope. Good luck I hope this review helps.
Claudette M.
Brooklyn, NY
Techie Expert Level 1
Looooove this tv. Although I try not to watch tv too often and I purposefully don't have cable to lessen the distraction. When I want to watch a nice movie having Netflix app already on the tv is pretty cool.
Mackenzi Y.
Shelby, NC
Great TV we don't use it for much other than Netflix but it's great not having to switch between TV and PlayStation. Just have to press a button and there it is!

UPDATE: I've changed my review from 5 stars to 2.

The reason for this is the TV is just a few years old and will randomly shut off or reset. I've called LG about it and they had no answers and no solution except to send an expensive technician out just to look at it. The remote is also awful. It doesn't work most of the time. I thought it may have been the batteries dying in it but it wasn't; I changed the batteries and still had the problem of the remote not working. Turns out you have to have it pointing in exactly the right spot at the right angle or it will not work.

I loved this TV at first but I now hate it and can not wait to get a new one.
Aaliyah S.
Warren, AR
Techie Expert Level 1
You can never go wrong with the LG smart TV this TV has so many cool features from Netflix to YouTube! Is awesome that they have HD it exceeded my expectations I hope to purchase one of my own I definitely recommend this TV
Brooke E.
This is my first smart TV, so I really don't really have any experience to compare this TV with others. However, I researched the internet and compared the picture to other TVs in the store. In my opinion, this TV is the best value out there. I've seen other "non-smart" TVs with the same picture resolution for about the same price. Setup was pretty much a no-brainer. It detected and connected to my wireless easily, although I later connected via wired Ethernet. I'm definitely not a TV "purest," and the picture and sound are definitely more than adequate for my family. I would certainly recommend this to anyone looking for a value-priced smart TV.
Jennifer M.
Van Wert, OH
I didn't understand why my husband wanted a smart TV until he got this LG. Everything is onscreen for you and it comes internet ready. So if you want to get on social media or watch Netflicks it's all on one page for you to choose. The LED makes the picture clearer, the color more vibrant, and it has amazing brightness. It's full hd 1080p, so the clarity can't be beat. It also is Energy Star certified. When we built our home we bought all of our appliances with the same certification, which for some reason lowers our home owners insurance as well as saves money on our utilities. Win-win.
Shanebrandy H.
Belton, KY
Not a very happy camper with this purchase. We had it up for two and a half months and the main board went out. It was a gift so we had to pay out of pocket to get it fixed. It was $265 to repair it. When you think we didn't have to pay for and $265 for this size TV isn't that bad but for two and a half months it was a rip off. We looked online and noticed that others had this problem also I would recommend looking for another brand and reading all reviews before spending big money before buying!
Luzi C.
pleasant grove utah
My perfect TV i love it we love it at home and the surrounding sound is just awesome i am so happy this TV is on my room and when i want to watch some TV with my hubby is just great quality hd is like perfect color and blighting just wonderful. My kid loves to come in the morning to watch her cartoons on my bed and she has always a blast and she loves how the color are bright and pop to get her attention and all the usb cables u are able to plug and stuff super worth it.ūüėė
Tyler B.
Grandview, TX
Techie Expert Level 1
I love this tv. It is so conveniently spacious for my living room. I thought getting something this big was going to be obnoxious but it is so amazing to have. The sound is amazing, picture makes you feel like you are there as the movies and such are made. It is definitely high definition. I love all the extra plug ins in the back of the TV for other devices. And the touch screen buttons at the bottom are nice. Recommend for others.
Shanenroxi D.
Wausau, WI
Love our tv! We have this TV mounted on our living room wall and the color has held tru. We have never had a problem with the way the product works. We have it hanging and are able to tilt it up and down when kids r watching a show from the floor and tilt it up when we are watching from the furniture. We can see the screen clearly from al angles of our home with on blurriness
Ashlyn A.
Orlando,Fl
Is this a great TV for a bedroom
Jan L.
I am in the market for a new flat screen , can anyone tell me what exactly do you like abut this brand? I hear so many things about Lg.
Cori C.
My boyfriend desperately wants to buy a smart tv, but I don't want to spend the money since we already have a working tv, an Apple TV, and a PS3. Is there anything that smart tvs offer that I don't already have with my other streaming capable products?
Paola M.
Alexandria , Va
How much is the TV .. where I could it
Brooke S.
Does anyone else have this mounted on the wall?