BY LEINENKUGEL'S

• Is it acceptable to drink summer shandy in the winter? If so wher...1 Answers
  • I am wondering if there is a place to get this when it isn't summ...13 Answers
Leinenkugel Summer Shandy
  • "I am not a huge fan of any kind of beer but I tried this for the first time at a baseball game and I must say it was pretty good." in 5 reviews
Monica W.
Bend, OR
Recently revisited this brew; definitely missed it! The first time I had it was long ago in Texas as it was given to a friend and was leftover after a party; you can imagine my surprise when I was able to find it in a small convenience store in Oregon. So glad I grabbed a six-pack! I have a finicky friend that is quite picky with the alcohol he likes to drink; so I was even more surprised he was into this beer. If is fairly light and bubbly; perfect for a brisk fall day but would definitely be drinkable in the summer months. It tastes like the seasons changing; hints or orange peel and fresh lemon. It’s reminiscent of a Blue Moon but more lemony and more drinkable in my opinion. If you like Blue Moon I think you’ll enjoy this. I’d recommend it to anyone that enjoys fruity beers as well; this beer apparently won a Silver medal at the Great American Beer Festival® in the Fruit Wheat Beer category in 2012!
Emma S.
N Hollywood, CA
This is one of my favorite summer beers!  It's light and refreshing with such a great flavor to it.  And since it's from Wisconsin (my home state) I get to support a "local" company.  So many people go basic with Bud/Miller Light if they need to get a pack for a party or event, but Summer Shandy has often been my beer contribution.  It's nice to drink something that actually has a flavor to it, and a good one at that!
Kaitlyn C.
Paris, TX
My Husband calls it a chick beer... And it is and that is why I love it. Makes bland beer so much more enjoyable. Always my summer favorite. Grapefruit shandy has definately become my all-time favorite.
Janelle J.
Laurium, MI
Foodie Expert
LOVE LOVE LOVE this beer! I have a couple six packs stashed away for a cold snowy day in the middle of winter.  It is def one of the best summer beers ever! I was pregnant with my son during June and July and the only thing I wanted was a summer Shandy.  Needless to say my midwife was awesome and 2 hours after my son was born we were cheersing with one.
Paige M.
Foodie Expert
This was my gateway beer for sure! I had never been a big fan of anything beer related until I tried this, and then from there out I was hooked! I loved that it was a subtle beer, but still got me acquainted with the underlying flavors that make beer, beer.
D'Rsi T.
Thousand Palms, CA
Foodie Expert
This beer is great, but I can only handle one or two at a time. It's sweeter than most beers because of the lemonade, but that also makes it very refreshing on a hot summer day - probably why it's their Summer Shandy. I love this for family picnics or bbqs because it's tasty and refreshing but doesn't encourage overdrinking. Plus, goes well with a charbroiled burger!
Taylor P.
Philadelphia, PA
This is a delicious summer beer! It's light and fruity and crisp but not too sweet. I can drink this all night. It's not a super strong beer so I can have a few and not get trashed. But if I have more than 3 the sweetness starts to be overpowering. I'd recommend this to anyone trying to move away from a Mike's Hard Lemonade or Smirnoff Ice type drink.
Giuseppe L.
This is a great beer for the summer. It’s light and refreshing. I like the hint of lemon that it has but honestly the crisp taste is what gets me. It’s doesn’t have a high alcohol percentage which depending on the person is a pro or a con. I personally like it that it’s not because I can drink this while doing yard work and have a refreshing beer.
Jessie O.
Saint James , NY
Foodie Expert
I love this beer so much. The lemon flavor makes it so refreshing in the summer and it doesn’t feel so heavy. I’m just sad it’s not around all year because it’s one of my absolute favorites! All flavors and seasonal flavors of this beer brand are really good and I would absolutely recommend it to someone who likes beer with some extra flavor to it
Kasey S.
Hamden
This beer is for the drinker that like something light and refreshing. It has a very sweet finish and is not very over-beering. It is a good a good price for the type of beer that it is. The packaging is simple and forward due to the popularity to the brand name. Again, if you prefer a lighter beer with a sweeter finish, you should try this.
Taylre P.
Omaha, NE
Foodie Expert
I am wondering if there is a place to get this when it isn't summer. Do they sell it ANYWHERE in the off season??
Paige B.
Foodie Expert
Is it acceptable to drink summer shandy in the winter? If so where can you buy it I find it hard to find?