BY LEGO

LEGO The Lord of the Rings
  • "Wandering around Middle Earth in search of your next quest is so much fun, and with all the quests and mini-games in between, its hard not to get hours upon hours of fun in there." in 8 reviews
  • "It lives up to everything you've come to expect from previous lego games, but the depth of collectables, unlocks, and the exploration of the open world makes it addicting." in 8 reviews
  • "Not only does it do a excellent job keeping true to the story line it has its fun quirks to bring new viewers entertained." in 7 reviews
  • "I especially enjoy how well the movies were translated to the video game - scene-by-scene recreations and all the dialogue taken from the original cast." in 6 reviews
  • "The entire Lego franchise is very fun and quirky without that just for kids feel, and they're more puzzle based rather than your typical hack and slash or shooter game." in 5 reviews
Isabel F.
Miami
Uno de los mejores juegos que ha sacado Lego! Haciéndonos poder jugar las historias de The Lord of the Rings con escenas clásicas adaptadas en un tono de humor que ya es conocido entre los juegos de Lego, teniendo también un modo de mundo abierto muy interesante y con misiones secundarias que van bien con la historia.
Nikki D.
Bloomington, IL
I'm not really a LOTR fan, and I found the movies a bit overwhelming, actually. I was wary about this game initially, but I found it a lot easier to follow the story in this form and I enjoyed it tremendously. As with all of the Lego games, it's at a much lower stress level than other games because if you die, you immediately respawn exactly where you were, effectively giving you an infinite number of chances to accomplish a game goal. The hub was enormous and a lot of fun to explore, giving you up to 60 hours of gameplay if you want to discover every secret. I found it's best to complete most of the game levels before really committing to hub exploration, because you'll unlock new characters with skills you need to complete different puzzles.
Mara F.
Concord, CA
I am obsessed with LOTR and Legos so this was an obvious buy for me. The game is very playable aside from that. Like all lego games, you have to play through the entire thing before "unlocking" free play so in order to fully experience the game, you play twice. The "home base" is Middle Earth, traveling around it is very easy. If I'm not mistaken, this is also the first lego game with voices (and they are taken straight from the movies!)
Maritza M.
San Francisco, CA
Gamer Expert Level 2
This is a great game for anybody despite the whole LEGO feel. I'm in my 20s and I'm enjoying the game all the same. It tells the LOTR story that we all love with the dialogue from the movies and the music and all. It has a cool open world aspect where you can explore zones and do quests that I've not seen in a LEGO game before. If you enjoyed other LEGO games or are a LOTR fan you will undoubtedly enjoy this one too. Check it out.
Emery S.
If you're into Legos and love the whole Lord of the Rings storyline this game is definitely for you. However if you play Co-op please be aware if you do not switch the split screen mode you could find yourself with a headache. I was playing with my son and having it on dynamic mode could cause some confussion of going left and right on a split screen. Which ended up causing my son to feel dizzy. So be aware on that part.
Caleb S.
Haskell, NJ
There are some parts that require minor strategizing, but for the most part, this is a great game for when you want to play something fun but don't want to think too hard. The Lego aspect makes this a lot sillier and provides a good laugh, but the dialogue from the movies keeps the feeling of the LotR plot. While I can't say how much of a kids' game this is, this has helped me through some stressful days in college.
Michelle G.
Hendersonvlle, NC
I absolutely LOVE Lego games, but you can tell they rushed to get this one out in time for Christmas 2012. There are so many glitches that I found myself having to restart levels WAY too often for my liking. Other than that, the game is very fun! I love the Lego renditions of the character and the goofiness added to the "movie" parts. I also like that they use actual sound bites from the films.
Dalynn M.
Valley Mills, TX
My kids love the LEGO series of games based on movies, and Lego LOTR is no different. We play on Wii and love how closely the games follow the movies with which we are familiar. The LEGO take is adorable and fun! The game play is incredible, deeper than you'd expect for a kids game but still easy enough for the older kids to grasp and fun enough for the young ones to play and enjoy. Love it!
Shelby P.
Montgomery, IL
I have been a serious fan of all the Lego games since the first Star Wars lego game came out, so as soon as this came out I had to have it, being a total LOTR nerd. It is by far the best Lego game that there is. The open world is amazing, being able to be any character you want is amazing, the challenges are awesome. It is a game that you can play over and over again and never get tired.
Carolyn S.
Eastport , NY
The horizons in Lego The Lord Of The Rings are often stunning. Soft focus and warm lighting combine to offer an impressionistic approximation of the vistas on show in Peter Jackson’s take on Middle-earth, and the skies grow increasingly portentous. Move your gaze to the foreground and characterful versions of familiar faces rendered in glossy plastic are there to greet you, ready to move you through Tolkien’s epic saga.
Amber M.
Belton, TX
Do you find the LEGO version as entertaining as the many other LOTR games?
Miguel A.
Glendale, AZ
I've been eyeing this every time I go to walmart and I just want to know if it's any fun?
Amanda P.
Utica, NY
Do u like lego games
Tiffaney C.
Jefferson Hls, PA
Which character do you like to be the most?
Meghan H.
Tacoma, WA
How much is it and is it worth the price?