BY LEGO

LEGO The Lord of the Rings
  • "Wandering around Middle Earth in search of your next quest is so much fun, and with all the quests and mini-games in between, its hard not to get hours upon hours of fun in there." in 8 reviews
  • "It lives up to everything you've come to expect from previous lego games, but the depth of collectables, unlocks, and the exploration of the open world makes it addicting." in 8 reviews
  • "Not only does it do a excellent job keeping true to the story line it has its fun quirks to bring new viewers entertained." in 7 reviews
  • "I especially enjoy how well the movies were translated to the video game - scene-by-scene recreations and all the dialogue taken from the original cast." in 6 reviews
  • "The entire Lego franchise is very fun and quirky without that just for kids feel, and they're more puzzle based rather than your typical hack and slash or shooter game." in 5 reviews
michael m.
Beacon, NY
Lego lotr is very fan based and by that i mean if you never watch lotr and just like Lego or not even lego then you probably wont like this game. the game is much more serious than the other Lego games and may come across as scary to younger players. me being a huge lego and lotr fan i loved this game. my favorite part was just exploring middle earth, it was beautiful, the hole game is. each part of the game was exactly like the movie and was full of exciting battles and puzzles that kept me entertained up to the very end. even after i beat it i wanted more and decided to explore the open world in search for the hidden unlock able charters. this is the first lego game that has dialog from the actually movie it was based off of. i rate this game a 9 out of 10 and is highly recommended!
Heather G.
Ok,I'm mom to a 7 year old boy. I love video games and I'm a LOTR geek from way back. So, I could've gone either way with this. However, they did an EXCELLENT job with this game. It is, by far, the best Lego game yet. I can't believe how they keep improving them. The fact tht they used the dialog from the movies for the game took it over the top. I loved it. We've made it through the game but now we're going back and getting all the stuff we missed. I can't seem to find a game guide.....and there are quite a few hidden goodies out there. I suggest this to all gamers. It's awesome!
Sara L.
I absolutely love the Lego video games and I am a really big LOTR fan. Unfortunately this game has flaws. I don't know how many times I fell in the swamp and just kept falling down, down, down. I have to restart the game in order to continue playing. Besides this very annoying flaw, I enjoyed this game a lot. I recently beat it but I have a lot more achievements and items to find in order to achieve the 100% accomplishment.
Meldin G.
Gamer Expert Level 1
I love all of the Lego games. The LOTR edition take smells back to the movies and wvwrythitng I loved about them. It's fun when you've seen the movies and then you get to relive them in a fun, entertaining game. You don't need to have seen the movies to play this but I think it helps and it's more enjoyable. This was the first of the league games with an expanded world map that you could explorer and complete alternative missions
Laimarie A.
Carmel, IN
I love The Lord of the Rings and I love Legos and this game has both! I played this game on the XBOX, the PS3 and the Nintendo 3DS and they were all great, but each of the games had different ways of telling the story! Anyways if you don't feel like watching all three movies and want to know what happens before watching th movie the Hobbit, then this is the game for you! Not only does it summarize the three movies well, but you also get to have a lot of FUN! I highly suggest it for someone who loves figuring things out! Enjoy! Fly, you Fools! (Gandalf)!!!! :)
Tiffaney C.
Jefferson Hls, PA
I have played all of the different LEGO games that have been released so far and I have to say that this is one of the favorite ones. The game can be a little glitchy at times though. I have it on the Wii and I have had to restart my game two times so far after the game froze and I am only about 40% done with the game. There is so much to do with this game though so it more than makes up for the freezing problems. I really like how closely it follows the three movies but adds in funny changes to make the game unique.
Danielle C.
Coram, NY
I have to say that I love the Lego franchise, well, save Batman, that game sucked lol.

I was so happy with the fact that they used voice over from the movie. While most might be upset that it wasn't the usual mumble from the characters, I see it as a way to get a new generation into LOTR. My little cousin played, then DEMANDED that we watched the trilogy.. (in one weekend). LOVE IT. Totally recommend it to anyone that has a sig. other that might not have any desire to watch the films, get them to play... trust me.
Anthony F.
Dublin, CA
I was pleasantly surprised when I began playing Lego:LOTR. It lives up to everything you've come to expect from previous lego games, but the depth of collectables, unlocks, and the exploration of the open world makes it addicting.

Play as literally any of your favorite characters from the movies, plus a few from the novels (Tom for one!)

Graphically it looks great, could be a little more challenging, but I understand the demographic it's shooting for.

9/10 Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.
Lauren R.
Saint Peters, MO
My husband and I love to play all the Lego games and The Hobbit is no exception. We definitely laughed and enjoyed playing the game as some of the obscure characters. There are a few levels we hated because they were just annoying with certain unskippable cut scenes or because they reminded us how horrible the Hobbit movies are (barrel scene for example). I would recommend this game for any family who enjoy playing games together. Great for all ages.
Natacia Z.
Maybe it was the game I got, but it was tad glitchy. But other than that the game was great. Very funny. It had my 2 year old daughter laughing her head off. My husband loves to play these Lego games for her. Love how the used the orginal voices from the movies. One the best lego games yet. It is a fast play like it could be done 2-4 days, but if you take your time to enjoy the humor with other people like it was a movie than it can take longer.
Amber M.
Belton, TX
Do you find the LEGO version as entertaining as the many other LOTR games?
Miguel A.
Glendale, AZ
I've been eyeing this every time I go to walmart and I just want to know if it's any fun?
Amanda P.
Utica, NY
Do u like lego games
Tiffaney C.
Jefferson Hls, PA
Which character do you like to be the most?
Meghan H.
Tacoma, WA
How much is it and is it worth the price?