BY LEGO

LEGO The Lord of the Rings
  • "Wandering around Middle Earth in search of your next quest is so much fun, and with all the quests and mini-games in between, its hard not to get hours upon hours of fun in there." in 8 reviews
  • "It lives up to everything you've come to expect from previous lego games, but the depth of collectables, unlocks, and the exploration of the open world makes it addicting." in 8 reviews
  • "Not only does it do a excellent job keeping true to the story line it has its fun quirks to bring new viewers entertained." in 7 reviews
  • "I especially enjoy how well the movies were translated to the video game - scene-by-scene recreations and all the dialogue taken from the original cast." in 6 reviews
  • "There are some parts that require minor strategizing, but for the most part, this is a great game for when you want to play something fun but don't want to think too hard." in 5 reviews
Mini M.
The LEGO games are awesome. They're easy to play, but fun for a child or an adult. The open world in LOTR is a bit intimidating in it's size, but the story quests take you through section by section and fast travel helps a lot. If memory serves, this is one of the few LEGO games that has the original sound clips from the movies which added some depth.
Emily F.
Green bay, WI
I found this game challenging which was great, but it just didn't hold up to the other Lego games. I did not find it as fun. Yet, it is a good game.
Carly S.
Vienna, WV
Lord of the Rings fan? Check. Lego fan? Check. These Lego games are SO fun, and if you can find one in your world of choice, you are going to have a blast! So interesting and different, which is perfect for gamers like me!
Madison D.
Marysville, WA
I've always loved Lego's video games and this is another one of it's great products. The gameplay follows the story of Lord of the Rings and it's just fun for the whole family.
Ali S.
Quincy, WA
I've for years been a fan of the Lego games, so when LEgo Lord Of The Rings came out it called to me like the ring called to Smeagul. Yeah, I went there. Once again Lego doesn't disappoint with the adorable kiddish graphics and many things to discover. I'm what my husband calls a "Completionist" and I HAVE to finish all the sidequests before I can plunder on in the main story line. For this, Lego Lord Of The Rings is fantastic. There are many sidequests and things for you to collect along the way to keep your perfectionist happy. That being said, I am also a HUGE fan of the books. I was sad to see things that didn't need to be changed being changed. For instance in the Shire in the book Gandalf casts the ring in to the fire to reveal the lettering on it. However in the game Frodo drops the ring in to some hot tea and the letters are revealed. That must be some super hot tea Frodo, watch your tongue. Aside from that it's a game I've really enjoyed playing so far. The graphics and soundtrack are great and the constant antics of the lego characters keep you chuckling throughout the game.
Laimarie A.
Carmel, IN
I love The Lord of the Rings and I love Legos and this game has both! I played this game on the XBOX, the PS3 and the Nintendo 3DS and they were all great, but each of the games had different ways of telling the story! Anyways if you don't feel like watching all three movies and want to know what happens before watching th movie the Hobbit, then this is the game for you! Not only does it summarize the three movies well, but you also get to have a lot of FUN! I highly suggest it for someone who loves figuring things out! Enjoy! Fly, you Fools! (Gandalf)!!!! :)
Natalie A.
My copy of this game is on the DS rather than the 360, but if it's like the other ones the DS and 360 version is basically the same. The entire Lego franchise is very fun and quirky without that just for kids feel, and they're more puzzle based rather than your typical hack and slash or shooter game. However, if you've played the other Lego games you will notice that this one is not much different from the rest except for it being Lord of the Rings. If you want more of the same thing with a bit of a twist (I did!) then give this a try. If you're not into the more mainstream bro-type games, give this (or any Lego game!) a try.
Melissa R.
Rosenberg, TX
Great game for all ages. So much fun!!
Kristen C.
Franklin, WI
I love the Lego games so much, this was the first I tried. It was easy to learn and fun to play. I think this game is good kids and adults alike.
Rebecca M.
Gulf Breeze, FL
I have loved most of the Lego games, this being no exception. The graphics are great (even though everyone is made of Legos). The quests are fun and entertaining. The game has that typical Lego humor that's a little bit cheesy but still hilarious. The best parts of the game are the little in-jokes for LOTR fans that pop up every now and then in the game.
Amber M.
Belton, TX
Do you find the LEGO version as entertaining as the many other LOTR games?
Miguel A.
Glendale, AZ
I've been eyeing this every time I go to walmart and I just want to know if it's any fun?
Amanda P.
Utica, NY
Do u like lego games
Tiffaney C.
Jefferson Hls, PA
Which character do you like to be the most?
Meghan H.
Tacoma, WA
How much is it and is it worth the price?